Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6529
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308277
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61548
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19948
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168451
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5981
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 525
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5478
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60740
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274676
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 653
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24620
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693777
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174024
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 926
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 512
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59545
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43069

[split] Presario SR5640AN
#1
I Have a weird situation with a compaq Presario SR5640AN running an Atlon 64 x2 5400+ with 5.27 BIOS. It takes a long time to POST and always displays the BOOT diagnostic screen, whether disabled or not. Also it requires F1 to enter the BIOS which looks normal, rather than the F10 which all Compaqs seem to use. I have extracted the BIOS bin file from the exe file which HP has available on its website for the BIOS update. Running the exe file returns an error "system does not meet minimum requirements". I would like to get the boot process back to normal and was wondering whether reflashing the BIOS under DOS would be safe. The BIOS id is MCP61P-6A61KE11C-00I which suggests to me that it has been reflashed with the ECS BIOS, the manufacturer of the board, or would this appear for the Compaq BIOS? I have reflashed BIOSes before under DOS using a bootable USB drive and would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.
find
quote
#2
(12-29-2011, 09:14 PM)ttgpcs Wrote: I Have a weird situation with a compaq Presario SR5640AN running an Atlon 64 x2 5400+ with 5.27 BIOS. It takes a long time to POST and always displays the BOOT diagnostic screen, whether disabled or not. Also it requires F1 to enter the BIOS which looks normal, rather than the F10 which all Compaqs seem to use. I have extracted the BIOS bin file from the exe file which HP has available on its website for the BIOS update. Running the exe file returns an error "system does not meet minimum requirements". I would like to get the boot process back to normal and was wondering whether reflashing the BIOS under DOS would be safe. The BIOS id is MCP61P-6A61KE11C-00I which suggests to me that it has been reflashed with the ECS BIOS, the manufacturer of the board, or would this appear for the Compaq BIOS? I have reflashed BIOSes before under DOS using a bootable USB drive and would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Thought I would try it anyway but didn't get very far. Came up with "The program file's part number does not match with your system". Any suggestions as to what this means would be appreciated.

find
quote
#3
(01-06-2012, 10:13 PM)ttgpcs Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 09:14 PM)ttgpcs Wrote: I Have a weird situation with a compaq Presario SR5640AN running an Atlon 64 x2 5400+ with 5.27 BIOS. It takes a long time to POST and always displays the BOOT diagnostic screen, whether disabled or not. Also it requires F1 to enter the BIOS which looks normal, rather than the F10 which all Compaqs seem to use. I have extracted the BIOS bin file from the exe file which HP has available on its website for the BIOS update. Running the exe file returns an error "system does not meet minimum requirements". I would like to get the boot process back to normal and was wondering whether reflashing the BIOS under DOS would be safe. The BIOS id is MCP61P-6A61KE11C-00I which suggests to me that it has been reflashed with the ECS BIOS, the manufacturer of the board, or would this appear for the Compaq BIOS? I have reflashed BIOSes before under DOS using a bootable USB drive and would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Thought I would try it anyway but didn't get very far. Came up with "The program file's part number does not match with your system". Any suggestions as to what this means would be appreciated.

The saga continues. I decided not to worry about what appeared to be the wrong BIOS until a couple of crashes made me go back to this issue. By the way the motherboard is an Iris8 and I read this thread to no avail. I have discovered in the BIOS of the machine that the Model Number of the computer is listed as ALONPAV which is a HP product with a Nettle2 motherboard. Has someone upgraded the BIOS with the HP version rather than the Compaq version? This raises a couple more questions. Is the Iris8orig.bin BIOS referred to in the Iris8 thread the original Compaq BIOS? Another problem may be my extraction of the origibal BIOS from the Compaq Service Pack. Using WinRAR I can extraxct the BIOS self executable which gives a number of files including Net.27. I can then extract that to give NT2V527.bin which I assume is the BIOS I need to flash. Is that correct? It is only 128K. When I try to flash that in DOS using the latest AWDFLASH from this site, no flashing occurs. I just ket a screen which lists the AWDFLASH syntax and the various switches which can be used. There is no mention of the /f which supoosedly forces the flash as mention in the Iris8 thread. I can't see what I am doing wrong. Can anybody help? Is The Wiz still around? He seems to be the guru on these boards

Cheers
find
quote
#4
(01-29-2012, 08:06 PM)ttgpcs Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 10:13 PM)ttgpcs Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 09:14 PM)ttgpcs Wrote: I Have a weird situation with a compaq Presario SR5640AN running an Atlon 64 x2 5400+ with 5.27 BIOS. It takes a long time to POST and always displays the BOOT diagnostic screen, whether disabled or not. Also it requires F1 to enter the BIOS which looks normal, rather than the F10 which all Compaqs seem to use. I have extracted the BIOS bin file from the exe file which HP has available on its website for the BIOS update. Running the exe file returns an error "system does not meet minimum requirements". I would like to get the boot process back to normal and was wondering whether reflashing the BIOS under DOS would be safe. The BIOS id is MCP61P-6A61KE11C-00I which suggests to me that it has been reflashed with the ECS BIOS, the manufacturer of the board, or would this appear for the Compaq BIOS? I have reflashed BIOSes before under DOS using a bootable USB drive and would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Thought I would try it anyway but didn't get very far. Came up with "The program file's part number does not match with your system". Any suggestions as to what this means would be appreciated.

The saga continues. I decided not to worry about what appeared to be the wrong BIOS until a couple of crashes made me go back to this issue. By the way the motherboard is an Iris8 and I read this thread to no avail. I have discovered in the BIOS of the machine that the Model Number of the computer is listed as ALONPAV which is a HP product with a Nettle2 motherboard. Has someone upgraded the BIOS with the HP version rather than the Compaq version? This raises a couple more questions. Is the Iris8orig.bin BIOS referred to in the Iris8 thread the original Compaq BIOS? Another problem may be my extraction of the origibal BIOS from the Compaq Service Pack. Using WinRAR I can extraxct the BIOS self executable which gives a number of files including Net.27. I can then extract that to give NT2V527.bin which I assume is the BIOS I need to flash. Is that correct? It is only 128K. When I try to flash that in DOS using the latest AWDFLASH from this site, no flashing occurs. I just ket a screen which lists the AWDFLASH syntax and the various switches which can be used. There is no mention of the /f which supoosedly forces the flash as mention in the Iris8 thread. I can't see what I am doing wrong. Can anybody help? Is The Wiz still around? He seems to be the guru on these boards

Cheers

The problem is getting stranger. I decided the file Net5.27 from the Compaq service pack sp40911.exe might be the BIOS file as it was of the correct size so I renamed it Net527.bin. I flashed it using a USB stick under DOS and everything appeared to go to plan. However, when i rebooted the BIOS still told me this was an HP computer. Could HP have stuffed up the BIOS service pack for this Compaq computer. I am getting more confused day by day. Any suggestions would be welcome. Does anyone have a 5.27 BIOS that they know is definitely for a Compaq?

Cheers

find
quote
#5
(02-15-2012, 12:46 AM)ttgpcs Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 08:06 PM)ttgpcs Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 10:13 PM)ttgpcs Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 09:14 PM)ttgpcs Wrote: I Have a weird situation with a compaq Presario SR5640AN running an Atlon 64 x2 5400+ with 5.27 BIOS. It takes a long time to POST and always displays the BOOT diagnostic screen, whether disabled or not. Also it requires F1 to enter the BIOS which looks normal, rather than the F10 which all Compaqs seem to use. I have extracted the BIOS bin file from the exe file which HP has available on its website for the BIOS update. Running the exe file returns an error "system does not meet minimum requirements". I would like to get the boot process back to normal and was wondering whether reflashing the BIOS under DOS would be safe. The BIOS id is MCP61P-6A61KE11C-00I which suggests to me that it has been reflashed with the ECS BIOS, the manufacturer of the board, or would this appear for the Compaq BIOS? I have reflashed BIOSes before under DOS using a bootable USB drive and would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Thought I would try it anyway but didn't get very far. Came up with "The program file's part number does not match with your system". Any suggestions as to what this means would be appreciated.

The saga continues. I decided not to worry about what appeared to be the wrong BIOS until a couple of crashes made me go back to this issue. By the way the motherboard is an Iris8 and I read this thread to no avail. I have discovered in the BIOS of the machine that the Model Number of the computer is listed as ALONPAV which is a HP product with a Nettle2 motherboard. Has someone upgraded the BIOS with the HP version rather than the Compaq version? This raises a couple more questions. Is the Iris8orig.bin BIOS referred to in the Iris8 thread the original Compaq BIOS? Another problem may be my extraction of the origibal BIOS from the Compaq Service Pack. Using WinRAR I can extraxct the BIOS self executable which gives a number of files including Net.27. I can then extract that to give NT2V527.bin which I assume is the BIOS I need to flash. Is that correct? It is only 128K. When I try to flash that in DOS using the latest AWDFLASH from this site, no flashing occurs. I just ket a screen which lists the AWDFLASH syntax and the various switches which can be used. There is no mention of the /f which supoosedly forces the flash as mention in the Iris8 thread. I can't see what I am doing wrong. Can anybody help? Is The Wiz still around? He seems to be the guru on these boards

Cheers

The problem is getting stranger. I decided the file Net5.27 from the Compaq service pack sp40911.exe might be the BIOS file as it was of the correct size so I renamed it Net527.bin. I flashed it using a USB stick under DOS and everything appeared to go to plan. However, when i rebooted the BIOS still told me this was an HP computer. Could HP have stuffed up the BIOS service pack for this Compaq computer. I am getting more confused day by day. Any suggestions would be welcome. Does anyone have a 5.27 BIOS that they know is definitely for a Compaq?

Cheers

Hi

Further to this issue, and I am sorry if I am boring you, can anyone supply a copy of the Compaq BIOS? I hadn't realised you can actually get a copy of the BIOS from a working machine. I just got rid of a machine with the correct BIOS (it was an Iris8 and had the Compaq logon on boot up). If you boot with a USB stick with AWDFLASH.EXE on it, then runninning awdfllash c:\bios.bin /pn /sy should create a copy of the BIOS (bios.bin) on the USB stick. This could then be emailed to me.

Many thanks

Brenton

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)