Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14373
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425693
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119728
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310654
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

HP Pro 3300 & 3400 (H61): Upgrade to Ivy Bridge
#31
I recently bought a HP Pro 3300 MT, because it was a good deal, and I still had an i5-2300 laying about. The thing is, the computer boots, but only by pressing F1 during the boot-up, will it actually start the OS. If I don't press F1, it will say that the processer is unsupported, and shut down.
Things I found out and have tried:
The i5-2300 is actually on the supported processor list supplied by HP.
I updated the BIOS to version 7.16 (downloaded from HP Support)
I updated the BIOS to version 7.16A (downloaded from this thread: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...Unlock-Mod)
The BIOS chip on my motherboard is the 4MB version
Further information: OS is Win10 Pro 64 bit.
If there's anything else required to figure this one out, let me know, and I'll try to do it. I'm a complete newb when it comes to the ins and outs of BIOS, but I'm always willing to learn.
I even went so far as to download the BiosTools.zip from this website, but I'm kinda lost. What do I try next?
Is there a way to add the code to the BIOS to accept the i5-2300, or is that impossible?
find
quote
#32
(10-15-2018, 09:56 AM)CptnIX Wrote: If I don't press F1, it will say that the processer is unsupported, and shut down.
Post a photo of the screen with this message.
find
quote
#33
(10-15-2018, 11:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 09:56 AM)CptnIX Wrote: If I don't press F1, it will say that the processer is unsupported, and shut down.
Post a photo of the screen with this message.

Here's the picture, but I'm afraid it's in Dutch, so I don't think it'll be of much use to you.
Is there any particular item you're looking for?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#34
I need in English.
find
quote
#35
(10-15-2018, 12:43 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I need in English.

Type of processor:
Speed of processor:
L1/L2/L3 Size of cache:
Memory size
Channel A:
Channel B:
BIOS Revision/Date: v7.16 03/23/2012

Error: Unsupported CPU installed
The PC will be shut down automatically in a few seconds

EDIT: Added picture of the notification in English.
EDIT2: Apparently I'm still on version 7.16 of the BIOS, never noticed that.
I tried flashing that version 7.16A, but it will not flash, I keep getting this error: "46 error: problem getting flash information"
Could it be that part of the BIOS is write protected, so that I can only flash part of it? If so, would anybody know which part I need to edit for the PC to accept my i5-2300 without issues?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#36
Attach TXT-report of CPU-Z with your i5-2300 (F1 bypass).
find
quote
#37
(10-16-2018, 11:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Attach TXT-report of CPU-Z with your i5-2300 (F1 bypass).

Attached.


Attached Files
.txt   SANDYBRIDGE.txt (Size: 56.01 KB / Downloads: 36)
find
quote
#38
Try to flash my mod.
find
quote
#39
(10-17-2018, 12:23 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my mod.

Tried that, using both AFUWIN and AFUDOS. Keep getting this: "46 - Error: Problem getting flash information."
find
quote
#40

  1. Download sp58264.exe
  2. Unpack it by WinRAR
  3. Replace CUP_716.ROM with modded version
  4. Run command line in Windows with administrative rights and run:
    cd (full path)\sp58264
    SAFUWIN CUP_716.ROM /p /b /n /r /q
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)