Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2.11 whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Hi BDMaster, Hi everybody, Smile

I tried to mod my yoga 2 11" bios 92CN35WW by myself with no success for now...

I have a CH341A SPI programmer and read eeprom chip.

Opened the file with Andy's tool 2.59, allowing user mod in advanced options (4 changes only) :

[Image: image.png]

Modified bios lock module 11D378C2-B472-412F-AD87-1BE4CD8B33A6_744.ROM (21 kB)

offset 1AA0 replaces 74 09 with 74 00

offset 1AA9 replaced 75 31 with EB 31

I then flashed the patched bios to Eeprom but it bricked my laptop. Confused

Flashing backup bios file unbricked it fortunately.

I also tried to only modify the wlan pid (same module offset 128A) with the same result : bricked laptop.

So, is there something I'm missing here, like bad tools, bad method or something ?

Any help would be appreciated, please, I'm stuck !

If you need the bios file let me know...

Thanks for reading

iDCT
Hi friend,
please upload for me your Firmware or post in PM It !
I will give a look and help You !
Regards
Hi BDMaster,

Thank you for helping !

Bios file link sent in PM.

iDCT
Great work BDMaster !

Donation is on its way...

Thanks Big Grin
Hello there everyone. I, like many of you, have the Yoga 2 11 (model # 20332). I bought it with the intent of upgrading its hardware in the future and am very upset to see that Lenovo whitelists the hardware. I didn't find out until after I had cloned the slow HDD to a Samsung SSD and realized it wouldn't allow Windows to boot without the HDD. So I'm stuck with it but I'd be willing to try what others have done here.

Now, I've never done this before but I read through the posts on this thread and to my understanding, it seems that the only method that works is getting that firmware data from the chip using the programmer and test clips and having it modified. I should have probably posted here first but I went ahead and ordered the test clips + programmer since it seems that almost everyone needed them anyway.

What I wanted to know though is what exactly do i need to do when I receive the items. I've never used this type of device so I'm not even sure how to attach it to the eeprom chip, how the test clips connect to the programmer, or where the eeprom chip even is. Is there a video or specific thread that I can refer to? How can I make a backup of this firmware in case I make a mistake?

Also, I downloaded the backup tools12 and universal bios backup as it seems from the previous posts that I'll need those.

I thank you in advance for reading and responding to my post Smile
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/7GBZt7FVt

http://rghost.net/53128665

Use AIDA64 tool too (cracked version to get FULL REPORT) and upload a Report too

Then to understand How To by Tools look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

let me know
Regards
I got the programmer and test clips and installed the drivers. I looked at the link but I'm still not sure how to properly connect the test clips to the programmer. This is what I received:
[Image: IMG_20151014_183848.jpg]
What I'm not sure of do the test clips plug in to? The test clip port also has 10 holes but the blue chip has 8 pins on each side. Does it matter which two are left unconnected? Also, does the orientation of the pins on the blue plate matter when putting it on the programmer?

I'm sorry if these are really dumb questions but I've never done this before and I want to make sure that I do it right.
All is aligned to Pin #1 from Eeprom Chip to SPI PGM and Pin #1 is set to
Red Wire so other holes on socket are unusefull 10 - 2 = 8 Wink
Do You understand ?
Let me know
Regards
(10-15-2015, 12:46 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]All is aligned to Pin #1 from Eeprom Chip to SPI PGM and Pin #1 is set to
Red Wire so other holes on socket are unusefull 10 - 2 = 8 Wink
Do You understand ?
Let me know
Regards

I think so. Issue I'm having now is identifying the eeprom chip. I'm pretty sure I know which one it is but when I've tried to clip on the test clips and they slip off every time I let them go. Also, how would I identify which is pin #1 on the eeprom chip? Does this look like the correct chip?
[Image: IMG_20151022_230329.jpg]
Look here :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GD25LQ64-...91359.html

Under "2" there is a point (ball) so It is the Pin #1 !!!

[Image: image.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23