Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Hp elitedesk 705 g5 SFF can it run 4000/...
Last Post: Grucha98
Today 08:32 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Core 2 Duo era CPU support for...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:57 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 426
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen1...
Last Post: martkull
Today 12:12 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 317
Lenovo E-530 Help with Upgrades please.
Last Post: onknight
Today 07:52 AM
» Views: 96
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio SVF13N series BIOS U...
Last Post: Vadim000009
Today 01:32 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1127
[REQUEST] HP Pro 3500 MT Full unlock
Last Post: Maxinator500
Today 12:48 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1421
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5333 & 5733(Z) BIO...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 09:06 AM
» Replies: 50
» Views: 2781
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 06:36 AM
» Replies: 1183
» Views: 283556
[REQUEST] ASUS ROG GX800VHK BIOS Unlock
Last Post: Katolinkus
Yesterday 04:30 AM
» Views: 138
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad T480s (N22ETxx...
Yesterday 03:29 AM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 6904
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD & 100...
Yesterday 03:23 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 7646
[REQUEST] BIOS unlock for an AMI based M...
Last Post: rra022001
05-26-2024 11:37 PM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Fujitsu T734 Lifebook BIOS Unl...
Last Post: windvd
05-26-2024 02:48 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1320
Optiplex 7060 SFF 9th Generation Intel C...
Last Post: ziznah
05-26-2024 11:54 AM
» Replies: 48
» Views: 9856
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite M100/M105 BI...
Last Post: ich7m
05-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 216
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: RiccardoP
05-26-2024 04:34 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 113163
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
Last Post: ihronos
05-25-2024 04:38 AM
» Replies: 589
» Views: 157756
[Resolved] [Request] SLIC 2.1 for Asus X...
Last Post: alestoroz
05-25-2024 03:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 269
[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Un...
Last Post: FlorikDT
05-24-2024 11:12 AM
» Replies: 169
» Views: 72036
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Jonas Amaral
05-24-2024 07:46 AM
» Replies: 88
» Views: 27420

Please help with asus black screen (no logo, no bios)
Well, I meant the first test BIOS I send for recovery without NVRAM, would only be for a test, to get back up and running etc. We would eventually get all the NVRAM Back in there. I could leave the windows stuff at first if you wanted, but for reasons of corrupt NVRAM I'd like to wipe it all out at first, so we can make sure it's booting without any in there except the defaults, then I'll put back windows activation, then serial/board specific padding etc.

You don't need to open another thread, I was just confused and probably forgot you mentioned the other system too while we waited on your programmer to arrive. So you have two working, and one faulty (With the "Bad card slot"? If yes, you can copy BIOS from the working board to the two non-working as a test to see if you can get them running, but get their backups first for the board specific details to put back later.

You can see some of the windows activation stuff in the NVRAM part of the BIOS with UEFITool NE Alpha, it's PK, DB, KEK modules in NVRAM, that way you can look to see if the above linked BIOS has windows activation or not. There are other modules throughout the BIOS in other regions too, but NVRAM ones are where the keys/activation is kept. Most likely it does, I've not seen laptops without this in a very long time.

Which system do you have running above?
find
(11-11-2018, 12:21 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Well, I meant the first test BIOS I send for recovery without NVRAM, would only be for a test, to get back up and running etc.  We would eventually get all the NVRAM Back in there.   I could leave the windows stuff at first if you wanted, but for reasons of corrupt NVRAM I'd like to wipe it all out at first, so we can make sure it's booting without any in there except the defaults, then I'll put back windows activation, then serial/board specific padding etc.

Okay. If you want to send me the file and we try.

(11-11-2018, 12:21 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: So you have two working, and one faulty (With the "Bad card slot"?  If yes, you can copy BIOS from the working board to the two non-working as a test to see if you can get them running, but get their backups first for the board specific details to put back later.

I have 3 motherboard, 2 faulty and 1 working properly without problems.

First faulty motherboard (motherboard model X550JD): It's my original motherboard.

Second faulty motherboard (motherboard model X550JX): I bought it for my laptop but for the moment is not working properly. Power led, num. lock led and caps lock led is always on. (pirate seller Smile  
Functionally motherboard (motherboard model X550JD): It's the notebook of a friend of mine.

(11-11-2018, 12:21 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You can see some of the windows activation stuff in the NVRAM part of the BIOS with UEFITool NE Alpha, it's PK, DB, KEK modules in NVRAM, that way you can look to see if the above linked BIOS has windows activation or not.  There are other modules throughout the BIOS in other regions too, but NVRAM ones are where the keys/activation is kept.  Most likely it does, I've not seen laptops without this in a very long time.  

Which system do you have running above?

Okay, I'll try to find it. Now I have windows 10 but without activation. (I have to put the original BIOS recovered because it has the windows key)
find
OK, probably only JD model could swap BIOS for testing. Do you know the differences between the JD and JX?

If you have X550JD running, but without windows activation, you can enter new key from the sticker if there is one on the casing? You don't have to edit BIOS to do that, it's done from command prompt in windows

I will get you BIOS shortly, sorry been a little busy and trying to catch up.
find
Quote:OK, probably only JD model could swap BIOS for testing.

I think the same.

Quote:Do you know the differences between the JD and JX?

nVidia 850M (x550JD motherboard) and nVidia 950M (x550JX motherboard)

Quote:you can enter new key from the sticker if there is one on the casing?

I don't have the sticker

Quote:I will get you BIOS shortly, sorry been a little busy and trying to catch up.

No problem Smile
find
If you don't have sticker, and original BIOS is not activated, then there is no way to have a valid key for that system except to purchase a new one. The original should be activated if it was in there already, or maybe you need to push activation? Change key to one you mentioned in PM from RWE, or push activation first and see if it activates, if not change to that key and do again.
find
The laptop comes with the windows 8.1 OEM and then updated to windows 10 with the Microsoft update option. With the original bios it is activated correctly with the connection to the internet.

I think because I had the key in the BIOS.

Original sticker Windows 8 OEM:

[Image: 23ib3gl.png]

And original sticker from Free DOS system(laptop)

[Image: 2vtwgw8.png]
find
OK, here is BIOS, that should be mainly your BIOS vs your friends.
Following changes
Flash descriptor unlocked
DBX >>> TO PK >> Copied from backup 2_OK (Windows activation stuff)
HardwareConfig >> "" ""
AEDID >> "" ""
Padding containing all board specifics >> "" ""

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...7843120724
Now, windows should be activated I think, if not push activation since this has your actual credentials in it now.
Unless you already changed keys in windows, if so you'll have to change back.
find
Okay. I'm going to try it.

Many thanks.
find
You're welcome! Sorry I didn't get that to you in time before you changed key in windows, hope you saved the original entry, or have a previous windows image you can restore from
find
Do not worry. Wink Wink Wink 

You are already helping me a lot. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
find