Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310642
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[REQUEST] Lenovo X220 (8DETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
(04-21-2018, 03:43 PM)johnmcdonnell Wrote: Your 1.44 BIOS appears to use Intel vbios version 2089 while your 1.43 BIOS used Intel vbios 2119. Was there something that required rolling that back?
Indeed, this mod uses stock vbios. 2119 vbios version was taken from Oleh modifications, and is not so stable on Linux. I tried to transfer configuration from stock vbios to the latest available version but it didn't work, that's why I decided to leave stock version.
find
quote
(04-21-2018, 03:43 PM)johnmcdonnell Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 04:06 PM)ValdikSS Wrote: Lenovo Thinkpad Bios 1.44 with all modifications:

Thank you so much VladikSS - installed and working perfectly.

One question: Your 1.44 BIOS appears to use Intel vbios version 2089 while your 1.43 BIOS used Intel vbios 2119. Was there something that required rolling that back?

Looks like I will try this on my x220 today.
I downloaded one of the links in the thread above. I just run the winflash exe file from the extracted zip files?
thanks
find
quote
(04-22-2018, 08:33 AM)woge Wrote: Looks like I will try this on my x220 today.
I downloaded one of the links in the thread above. I just run the winflash exe file from the extracted zip files?
thanks

Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) as administrator, navigate to the modified bios folder and then run Flash.bat
find
quote
(04-22-2018, 12:20 PM)johnmcdonnell Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 08:33 AM)woge Wrote: Looks like I will try this on my x220 today.
I downloaded one of the links in the thread above. I just run the winflash exe file from the extracted zip files?
thanks

Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) as administrator, navigate to the modified bios folder and then run Flash.bat

ok thanks
find
quote
(04-20-2018, 04:06 PM)ValdikSS Wrote: Lenovo Thinkpad Bios 1.44 with all modifications:

https://files.catbox.moe/q55krj.7z
https://my.mixtape.moe/lsziwk.7z
https://a.pomfe.co/fsxcp.7z
https://a.safe.moe/6ljxfUj.7z
http://b.reich.io/cewqrr.7z

Hello ValdikSS,
 Please help me to upgrade bios from version 1.43  to version 1.44..
 I have installed a wifi card need the whitelist removed..
And in your installation process, need to flash the original v1.44 BIOS.. but when I flash the original BIOS, I was prevent to  boot from the new BIOS because of my installed wifi card..
So , how to upgrade my x220 bios? please help me..
find
quote
(04-20-2018, 04:06 PM)ValdikSS Wrote: Lenovo Thinkpad Bios 1.44 with all modifications:

https://files.catbox.moe/q55krj.7z
https://my.mixtape.moe/lsziwk.7z
https://a.pomfe.co/fsxcp.7z
https://a.safe.moe/6ljxfUj.7z
http://b.reich.io/cewqrr.7z

Sorry for the delayed reply. This unlocked BIOS works well! No issues to report yet. Thank you ValdikSS!
find
quote
(04-22-2018, 10:49 PM)willzheng Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 04:06 PM)ValdikSS Wrote: Lenovo Thinkpad Bios 1.44 with all modifications:

https://files.catbox.moe/q55krj.7z
https://my.mixtape.moe/lsziwk.7z
https://a.pomfe.co/fsxcp.7z
https://a.safe.moe/6ljxfUj.7z
http://b.reich.io/cewqrr.7z

Hello ValdikSS,
 Please help me to upgrade bios from version 1.43  to version 1.44..
 I have installed a wifi card need the whitelist removed..
And in your installation process, need to flash the original v1.44 BIOS.. but when I flash the original BIOS, I was prevent to  boot from the new BIOS because of my installed wifi card..
So , how to upgrade my x220 bios? please help me..

Hi,

This is what I do:

1) Remove unauthorised WLAN and WWAN card.

2) Reboot into Windows and flash original BIOS.

3) Reboot and flash modified whitelisted BIOS.

4) Shut down and install WLAN and WWAN cards.

5) Restart windows.
find
quote
(04-24-2018, 09:50 PM)Rambler Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 10:49 PM)willzheng Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 04:06 PM)ValdikSS Wrote: Lenovo Thinkpad Bios 1.44 with all modifications:

https://files.catbox.moe/q55krj.7z
https://my.mixtape.moe/lsziwk.7z
https://a.pomfe.co/fsxcp.7z
https://a.safe.moe/6ljxfUj.7z
http://b.reich.io/cewqrr.7z

Hello ValdikSS,
 Please help me to upgrade bios from version 1.43  to version 1.44..
 I have installed a wifi card need the whitelist removed..
And in your installation process, need to flash the original v1.44 BIOS.. but when I flash the original BIOS, I was prevent to  boot from the new BIOS because of my installed wifi card..
So , how to upgrade my x220 bios? please help me..

Hi,

This is what I do:

1) Remove unauthorised WLAN and WWAN card.

2) Reboot into Windows and flash original BIOS.

3) Reboot and flash modified whitelisted BIOS.

4) Shut down and install WLAN and WWAN cards.

5) Restart windows.

I have installed macOS in my x220.... and I met the hd 3000 display issue.. So I wish try a BIOS update may solve display issue..
Can I flash BIOS in the windows PE system?
find
quote
There is a new bios available for the X220, version 1.45 - https://support.lenovo.com/pl/en/downloads/ds018805. The changes are only related to the MEBx acces bypass bug. Regardless, can I ask for the unlock on this bios version? Many thanks
find
quote
(05-14-2018, 10:47 AM)delirein Wrote: There is a new bios available for the X220, version 1.45 - https://support.lenovo.com/pl/en/downloads/ds018805. The changes are only related to the MEBx acces bypass bug. Regardless, can I ask for the unlock on this bios version? Many thanks


Probably start a new thread for this new BIOS revision.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)