Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6528
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308269
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61547
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19947
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168441
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5976
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 521
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5477
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60736
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274673
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 651
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24619
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693744
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174014
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 925
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59544
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43068

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire One AO756 BIOS Unlock
#11
Hello!


So, I'm looking for someone to help me with unlocking the BIOS for my netbook, an Aspire One AO756. 

Model: Aspire One Series Q1VZV

Images: https://imgur.com/gallery/xYGsWXs

BIOS URL: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...SC=EMEA_27

Current BIOS Version: 2.13

I have a couple of reasons for needing an unlocked BIOS. For one, although I haven't upgraded to 2.21 yet (I'd have to do the rigamarole of installing Windows again, ugh!), I have a hunch that the updated version won't allow me to fiddle around with Secure Boot. I've been trying to install Fedora 29 on here for testing, and quite unexpectedly it does not allow me to select a signed executable to trust because presumably because Fedora is signing the image themselves, not Microsoft. Woohoo. 

I would also like the option of turning Secure Boot off while still using UEFI. I have a Broadcom network adapter, and when used in Linux with the UEFI enabled, there's this whole workaround that's necessary just to get the driver to load up at boot time instead of five minutes latter after twiddling your thumbs staring at your desktop. If there are any limitations on the chipset, I'd like to get rid of those. 

My final request is that whoever does the mod kindly share the steps they took to do it with me. As a hardware journalist, I'd like to turn this into a side project to show people what they can do to get old hardware working better, or fix problems they encounter on their own, without needing to wait on the manufacturer. Everyone should have the right to repair their stuff, and I'd like to help show them that.

Thanks!
find
quote
#12
Hi there, 

could someone unlock my bios (power & advanced tab) & tell me where the check for these things is?
I tried to do it but somehow i could not find out where the compare is

dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c8uwzjF...sp=sharing
find
quote
#13
Hi, could someone mod the bios of this netbook for me please?
Name: Acer Aspire One AO756-
Model name: Q1VZC
BIOS: InsydeH20 UEFI Rev. 3.7 2.21 for Acer.
CPU: Intel Celeron 877.
Chipset: Intel HM70.

Digging around with UEFITool and IRFExtractor i noticed 2 hidden menus: Advanced and Power, someone could enable those 2 menu apart from Information,Main,Security,Boot,Exit ?
BIOS File


Sorry for bad English, and sorry if a broke some rules(I hope no), why is my first Thread/Request. (I don't know why i can't uploads the Screenshot of the BIOS Sorry.)
find
quote
#14
Thumbs Up 
Hi,
I found this little gem a while ago while thrifting.
It had a broken screen and was just well-used. I cleaned it, replaced the screen and BIOS battery and gave it some love. Smile

Now it would be nice to squeeze as much speed out of it as possible, so an unlocked (Power and Advanced Tabs) BIOS would be great!
I've already tried the BIOS mentioned here https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthre...2#pid65572, but it always errors out: "ROM file not found"


Could someone experienced please help me?

Here are the Original BIOS files:
https://pixeldrain.com/u/kcNoMTRG

Acer Aspire One 756 Q1VZC from Oct 2012
BIOS v1.09


Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)