Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1802
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6427
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14057
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424596
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3664
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224977
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119222
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6823
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309861
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62014
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20328
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169463
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6403

Dell D630 A19 Slic 2.1
#1
I recently found the A18 slic mod on here which is far superior to the other version that I had , I actually stayed on the A17 mod as it was far easier, well it seems after all this time, Dell have released a new Bios update for the D630, would it be possible to mod this new bios.

Dell D630 Laptop
Bios
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=1J8FX&fileId=2837667670
RWEverything
Sorry this is not quite the same format as the other bios download links, If You need any more info I'll try and improve this post, but can't find a link to that bios in the same format as what other people have managed. I usually manage to find out all the info I need by reading other peoples posts and not starting my own, I'm quite happy with Win 7 as an OS, seems Win 8 is just screaming for touchscreen ops only!

I havent included a RW report as didn't know if it was needed as it's already on a slic 2.1 bios, just an older version than the latest bios, if needed I'll add it as soon as possible
find
quote
#2
(07-21-2013, 07:05 AM)brk1 Wrote: I recently found the A18 slic mod on here which is far superior to the other version that I had , I actually stayed on the A17 mod as it was far easier, well it seems after all this time, Dell have released a new Bios update for the D630, would it be possible to mod this new bios.

Dell D630 Laptop
Bios
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=1J8FX&fileId=2837667670

Sorry this is not quite the same format as the other bios download links, If You need any more info I'll try and improve this post, but can't find a link to that bios in the same format as what other people have managed. I usually manage to find out all the info I need by reading other peoples posts and not starting my own, I'm quite happy with Win 7 as an OS, seems Win 8 is just screaming for touchscreen ops only!

I havent included a RW report as didn't know if it was needed as it's already on a slic 2.1 bios, just an older version than the latest bios, if needed I'll add it as soon as possible

Slic: DELL 2.1
Bios mod: DELL_LATITUDE_D630_A19
https://app.box.com/s/cezfmwf32u6e5hdlopm1
http://www.mediafire.com/?9tbocftf1d0kh6i
Look README to update. Please post results.
find
quote
#3
Thank you very much, your a genius, you must have had that one sitting in your pocket all readyBig GrinBig Grin, I was still in the process of doing a RW Everything report when you came up with the goods before I even finished editing my post.

All working fine , just got this as a spare laptop and nothing on it yet so perfect for an experiment.

Checked with several apps including MGADiagnostics , windows 7 activated and Genuine.

One tip for anybody else for smooth update, turn off you firewall first , it goes crazy during the process SmileSmile
find
quote
#4
(07-21-2013, 08:00 AM)brk1 Wrote: Thank you very much, your a genius, you must have had that one sitting in your pocket all readyBig GrinBig Grin, I was still in the process of doing a RW Everything report when you came up with the goods before I even finished editing my post.

All working fine , just got this as a spare laptop and nothing on it yet so perfect for an experiment.

Checked with several apps including MGADiagnostics , windows 7 activated and Genuine.

One tip for anybody else for smooth update, turn off you firewall first , it goes crazy during the process SmileSmile

Thanks for feedback. Smile
find
quote
#5
Hi, is there any way to disable the battery check when flashing the bios coz my D630 battery is dead, I have tried /forceit in dos mode but no luck.
find
quote
#6
The downloads only contain the original dell bios not the modified bios.


(07-21-2013, 07:27 AM)sovem Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 07:05 AM)brk1 Wrote: I recently found the A18 slic mod on here which is far superior to the other version that I had , I actually stayed on the A17 mod as it was far easier, well it seems after all this time, Dell have released a new Bios update for the D630, would it be possible to mod this new bios.

Dell D630 Laptop
Bios
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=1J8FX&fileId=2837667670

Sorry this is not quite the same format as the other bios download links, If You need any more info I'll try and improve this post, but can't find a link to that bios in the same format as what other people have managed. I usually manage to find out all the info I need by reading other peoples posts and not starting my own, I'm quite happy with Win 7 as an OS, seems Win 8 is just screaming for touchscreen ops only!

I havent included a RW report as didn't know if it was needed as it's already on a slic 2.1 bios, just an older version than the latest bios, if needed I'll add it as soon as possible

Slic: DELL 2.1
Bios mod: DELL_LATITUDE_D630_A19
https://app.box.com/s/cezfmwf32u6e5hdlopm1
http://www.mediafire.com/?9tbocftf1d0kh6i
Look README to update. Please post results.
find
quote
#7
I works as expected, I've upgraded my D630's BIOS from A13/SLIC_2.0 to A19/SLIC_2.1 without any trouble. It's a silent process, you must wait until the laptop's reboot.

Thank you very much
find
quote
#8
Thanks a lot - downloaded from your mediaget link here, couse file from official site permanently broken. Updated successfully with not modded version.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: