Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Today 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 237
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 246518
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
Today 12:53 AM
» Views: 239
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Today 12:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25518
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
Yesterday 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 147744
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
Yesterday 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59211
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
Yesterday 04:37 AM
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31969
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58183
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 907
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 663039
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 193
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55580
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 178
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 158
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 168
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 70081
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1397

unlocked bios for oem quanta board
Dear Admins,

I have a Wortmann Terra Mobile 2500 and I think I have a Quanta SW1 board, too.
No problem to update with original bios from here:
ftp://ftp.wortmann.de/TERRA_Computersyst...s/Neutral/

according threads
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...ualization
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...s-SLIC-2-1
But I can´t update with both offered modded BIOS, phlash hung.
I used it with these switches: phlash16 /x /s /mode=3 romname.wph
What can I do to get unlocked and/or 78 bios?

regards, rudeboy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Hi!

Can nobody help me or any additional information need?

regards, rudeboy
find
(08-15-2014, 01:30 AM)rudeboy Wrote: Hi!

Can nobody help me or any additional information need?

regards, rudeboy

Hi friend,
your Itìs an Phoenix Bios and our expert is Sml6397 (Steven) so You have to ask him for this Mod, but I will try to help You for mine possibilities.
So I found only this update :

ftp://ftp.wortmann.de/TERRA_Computersyst...3Q3C41.zip

It's PL3Q3C41 and not the Q3C78 as You reported in your post, so to modify the Q3C78 You have to post a link correct or better to upload It here, then to insert Slic 2.1 It needs an RW report so use this tool to get It (flash before original bios You want to modify so flash Q3C78 original) :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...atest-News

And then I will try to apply the same mods which are into Hamedd Hossam older one.
Let me know
Regards

P.S. I checked Q3C41 and It contains Slic 2.1, but something is wrong !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hi BDMaster,

thank you for your reply.
If Q3C78 not for my mobo then we can forget it.
But can we fully unlock the 3Q3C41 bios or any other newer bios that fits to mine?

I´m very interested in unlocking bios, how does it function?
Which tools do you use or is there any howto-site?

regards, Thomas

PS: sorry for my English, hope you understand what i want Wink
find
Hello rudeboy,

I will take a look at the BIOS that BDMaster provided in Post #3 for what can be unlocked.

Standard unlockable items include thermal, CPU, ACPI and/or APM, graphics, memory, PCI, USB, SATA, etc. settings. I will also perform a Main/Info Menu upgrade. Unlockable items vary between BIOSes though. I will let you know what I find.

I use the following tools to modify BIOSes:

• HxD Hex Editor: This is the program that I use to perform the actual modifications.
• AndyP's PhoenixTool: Used to decompress and recompress the BIOS image
• PBE (Phoenix BIOS Emulator): Used to emulate the BIOS (only works on some BIOSes though...). This facilitates Main Menu upgrades and allows me to see what I have unlocked as well as provide screenshots to BIOS mod requesters for troubleshooting purposes.
• WinMerge: This is one of my verification tools. I use this tool for directory comparing of the extracted BIOSes (original and modified).

Verification process (I am going to leave a few parts out so that this isn't a novel):

When I complete a mod, I decompress the original BIOS image and the modified BIOS image into separate directories. Then, I perform a directory compare using WinMerge. This allows me to ensure that ONLY the module that I modified was changed (TEMPLAT00.ROM). I then use HxD to compare each individual byte that was modified in the TEMPLAT module. I verify that each modification accomplishes the intended purpose while not causing problems. In addition to this, I also manually verify each menu/sub-menu offset in case the manufacturer or myself have made mistakes (I have seen both before, mostly the former). During the verification process, I also test each menu and sub-menu in PBE (if PBE is capable of emulating the particular BIOS image). The verification process can take almost as long or even longer than the BIOS mod itself for quick mods, but it guarantees that all of my mods are safe to flash assuming I was provided the correct BIOS image to start with and the flashing process does not fail.

As for a how-to: I am planning on creating a beginner-friendly Phoenix BIOS modding tutorial in the future. For starters, this can be a good resource to learn the basics of Phoenix BIOS modding. I learned primarily from experimenting with my notebook's BIOS image and then emulating the changes in PBE. I am going to try to dig up a few more resources that were helpful to me. If you are interested in learning how to modify BIOSes (whether you want to become a BIOS modder or just want to know how the process works) and need help learning, I will be more than happy to provide such help.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi Steven,

any news to that bios?

regards
find
Hello rudeboy,

Sorry for the delayed responses.

Your BIOS has VERY limited space for the addition of new menus/sub-menus/settings. It also has very little that is available for unlock.

I can perform a Main Menu customization though. This will upgrade the Main Menu to give you a LOT more information about your computer. I can also add a few other useful settings.

I will perform the mods explained above.

Over the next 1-3 weeks, I will be receiving a Phoenix BIOS Test system. Once all of the required components arrive, I am going to begin testing new types of Phoenix BIOS mods. I plan on finding ways to "make" more room for the addition of new menus/settings to BIOSes that have little to almost no room for such.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi Steven,

sounds good that you receive a whole test system, but don´t waste to much time in modding this old BIOS.
It would be nice if it offer some smart improvements but after bricking another laptop my morale isn´t very high to upgrade.
The update software doesn't warn that this update doesn't fit with that chip, but was the same chipset and manufacturer, now just a black screen.
I tried the Phoenix Crisis recovery but hasn't found the right keys to activate the mode to boot from floppy.
Tried win/fn & esc/end/b/s/w and so on on every usb port. Or do you have another code for a Wortmann mobile 2102?
How much does a flash programming hardware for Laptop bios chips cost?

regards and good luck
rudeboy
find
Hello rudeboy,

If your BIOS chip is removable and is one of the following types, then it can be hardware programmed: PLCC32, SPI DIP-8.

Examples of these two types of chips can be found in this image.

If you have one of these chips, but it is soldered onto the motherboard, bios-mods will likely support that in 1-2 months.

www find
Hi Steven,

I disassembled it and I think this should be the soldered BIOS Chip.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find