Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6516
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308174
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61531
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19933
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168389
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60711
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 639
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693477
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173965
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 917
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59520
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to Fujitsu D3430-A1
#1
Hi, I purchased a FUJITSU ESPRIMO D556/E85 a long time ago.

It currently has an Intel® Celeron® CPU G3900 (Spec code SR2HV) installed and I have a spare i5-7500t (Spec code SR337) that i would like to put inside.

Thing is, the FUJITSU ESPRIMO D556/E85 motherboard (D3430-A1) only supports 6th gen while is conterpart FUJITSU ESPRIMO D556/2/E85 motherboard (D3430-U) supports 7th gen (cf: https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/d1/1e/d11e89...ddf840.pdf)

They both run the same chipset but have two different motheboard model.

Mine (D3430) has a BIOS update that you can find here:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDown...53DD334A7E

while the one supporting 7th gen(D3430-U) has a BIOS update that you can find here:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDown...A1569244B6

While i tried putting my i5-7500t in the slot, it would not boot. The cpu would just get hot but nothing would show on screen.

I was tempted to try and update by D3430 with the D3430-U BIOS update but my knowledge in BIOS is really weak and I would prefer not to brick my Motherboard without anyone's advice.

What would you suggest ?

Regards,
find
quote
#2
Just truncate D3430-U1.UPD to 8192 KB and flash by a hardware programmer.
find
quote
#3
Am I supposed to flash the truncated .upd file ? I was thinking about using a ch341a.
find
quote
#4
Desired CPU compatibilty from (microcode donor): FUJITSU ESPRIMO D556/2/E85+ (MoBo model D3430-Ux, Latest BIOS from manufacturer) can run 7th gen. Intel processors

My (slightly older model) PC: FUJITSU ESPRIMO D556/E85+ (MoBo model D3430-Ax, Latest BIOS from manufacturer) can not run 7th gen. besides running same H110 chipset and similar MoBo.

Hi guys,
I fell into some issues with the Fujitsu Esprimo D556/E85+ (MoBo: A3430-A14 GS 2). It runs an Intel G4400 CPU (6th gen.) without issues. I`ve seen online same PCs running 7th gen. processors (as it`s got an H110 chipset, I thought it would be plausible), so I bought an i3-7100. Unfortunately it doesn`t start. So I went to the Fujitsu CPU compatibility list, and bought another CPU, an i5-6500. Doesn`t run either. After some research I found some guys running into similar problems have modded the original Fujitsu BIOS with upgraded microcoede for gen.7 processors, unfortunately I haven`t found ready-to-flash file, so I ask you kindly to help me with that matter. Maybe you have that BIOS ROM-file ready to post here, or maybe you can guide me through the modding process.


CPU compatibility list for both MoBos.
find
quote
#5
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.

(09-26-2023, 01:31 PM)mihauuu Wrote: and bought another CPU, an i5-6500. Doesn`t run either.
Check it with other motherboard.
find
quote
#6
(09-26-2023, 02:41 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
*I need few days for doing that, after checking back and forth with all these CPUs unfortunately I run out of thermal paste (I like to use good/proven one, like the Noctua NT-H1). Ordered fresh one today, but expected delivery is on the 4.10.2023 (would come on 2.10. normally, but that day I took off, and that is because 3.10. is independence day in Germany). So can't do the screenshot now.

(09-26-2023, 02:41 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Check it with other motherboard.
*Only have this Fujitsu D556 and another mobo for 4th gen. Intels, so no possibility to check at this moment. I will ask some friends if someone else runs on LGA1151. Also, the seller assured me he tested the processor before shipping. 


Meantime I also tried your suggested solution from another post on same BIOS, but I failed (yes, I bought this "CH341A pro" J-Tag only for that purpose, I am struggeling with these CPUs for some time now....). (Thats the reason why the thermal paste went gone too, haha.)
Not sure if I should post the detailed results here in this thread, or should answer in the other thread. I am not very familiar with posting on any forums (somehow barely needed that tool in the past), sorry about that.

Thank you for your support that far anyway!  Heart
find
quote
#7
Use trunc.exe in Windows:
trunc D3430-U1.UPD 8388608
find
quote
#8
(09-28-2023, 03:14 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Use trunc.exe in Windows:
trunc D3430-U1.UPD 8388608

Itried but I think I made wrong file size.
I used CH341A Pro. The chip on the MoBo was W25R64JVSSIQ. I did not find same chip in Neoprogrammer repository, so I chosse a close one. Dont have the trunc.exe file in Windows10 Pro, nor does this software work when I copy it on my HDD. So I used another method: fsutil.exe. After truncating I was able to programm the EEPROM with this *.UPD file, but after the flash the BIOS went dead (no problem as I got the contact pliers, and I made backup, and I have another 2 PC with same configuration...)
I think I truncated to 9000000 or something....my bad Smile
I will try to correct in few days when I am back at home.
Once again, I appretiate your help, DeathBringer!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)