Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1
Last Post: Jedrek
Today 09:49 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2257
Lenovo Z50-70: CPU update
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 79
[Request] Acer Aspire 3050 unlocked BIOS
Last Post: prowindows62
Today 07:43 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 49
Fujitsu Esprimo P5710 - unlock [REQUEST]
Last Post: Maxinator500
Today 07:16 AM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 454
HP H-IG41-uATX 45nm microcode update LGA...
Last Post: goldenhill
Today 04:49 AM
» Replies: 58
» Views: 56532
Asus h61m-d & xeon e3-1265l v2
Yesterday 04:28 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 167
[REQUEST] - Acer Swift 3 SF314-41G bios ...
Last Post: ersan
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 advanced menu
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 43
» Views: 17028
[REQUEST] ThinkPad T14 Gen1 Intel BIOS W...
Last Post: SSV CHAOTIC
Yesterday 05:19 AM
» Views: 128
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD & 100...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:48 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6904
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad U310 & U410 (65...
Last Post: 5CarPileup
Yesterday 02:04 AM
» Replies: 1767
» Views: 380164
HP Pro 3500: CPU Upgrade
Yesterday 12:13 AM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 4560
[READ FIRST] Access Advanced settings th...
Last Post: Klinzah
05-02-2024 05:11 PM
» Replies: 424
» Views: 568901
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: sloseba123
05-02-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 87
» Views: 110463
HP EliteBook 840 g2 NVMe
Last Post: x86-64
05-02-2024 06:30 AM
» Views: 115
[Request] Dell 7400 2 in 1 Computrace/Ab...
Last Post: Lorand187
05-01-2024 10:34 PM
» Views: 164
[REQUEST] Gigabyte B75M-D3H BIOS Unlock
Last Post: topadefir
05-01-2024 12:56 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 4055
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: samugarob
05-01-2024 10:08 AM
» Replies: 674
» Views: 168695
[REQUEST] Asus GL504GV BIOS Unlock
Last Post: merjeu
05-01-2024 09:28 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1721
[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Un...
Last Post: George205
05-01-2024 09:22 AM
» Replies: 167
» Views: 68738

Unlocking Multipliers Dell 570 - MB 04GJJT A00
Hi, I'm looking to unlock my BIOS so I am able to overclock.
The motherboard is an 04GJJT by Dell. It's running AMI Revision A04, but A05 is now out and instead of just upgrading I would like to be able to access more features that I currently can't access.

Here is the A05 Revision BIOS.

Many Thanks.

EDIT: I upgraded to A05 a few days after posting this. @TheWiz, the ROM you have is the newest most recent version of my system.
find
Anyone? It's been ages since I posted.
I now have a .ROM of my BIOS. I just tried extracting the exe, but it won't. I used the AMI Tool and backed up my current BIOS.
Dropbox'd it, here you go:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39381870/04GJJT.ROM
find
Hi RROD,

Will take a look and report back soon.

TheWiz
www find
(01-07-2012, 04:57 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi RROD,

Will take a look and report back soon.

TheWiz
Any news?

find
Was anyone able to mod this?
find
Wow, came back to have a look at unlocking any features again - still nobody? I posted this in November last year?
find
I know how to overclock Inspiron 570 without touching BIOS, I have BIOS A05, I don't know if it will work with other versions of BIOS. I registered here only for this purpose! So far I easily overclocked Phenom II X4 965 BE from 3.4 to 3.8, a few days testing (IntelBUrn now), so far the highest temperature (HAF 212 case) is 55.6 C...
So, just let me know, anyone, who need to overclock only or/and upgrade Inspiron 570, glad to help.
find
(09-16-2012, 07:30 PM)kisianik Wrote: I know how to overclock Inspiron 570 without touching BIOS, I have BIOS A05, I don't know if it will work with other versions of BIOS. I registered here only for this purpose! So far I easily overclocked Phenom II X4 965 BE from 3.4 to 3.8, a few days testing (IntelBUrn now), so far the highest temperature (HAF 212 case) is 55.6 C...
So, just let me know, anyone, who need to overclock only or/and upgrade Inspiron 570, glad to help.

Yes, please! still very interested in OCing. A lot of the parts in my PC have been replaced now, except that bl**dy MBO and processor.PM me here, or my Skype is toastedtruth.
find
will be done tomorrow (US time) morning. I need to know first what you changed already (and your original processor and what else left original essential), second, what is the purpose of your Inspiron, so I can advise on future upgrades.
For me Inspiron 570 is an intermediate gaming machine, playing BF3 on MEDIUM (due to not high end graphic card) about 60 FPS. Also, tell me what is the highest TEMPERATURE you experience outside/inside. Overclocking will lead to overheating. Very important, almost forgot, list your processor, is it generally overclockable?

P.S. Are you ATI or NVIDIA user.
find
Since I did not hear from you, I will have to provide more explanation.
I can not guarantee that this method will overclock any processor. I upgraded from Athlon II x2 250 to Phenom II x4 965 BE first, BE - Black Edition - unlocked multipliers for overclocking. So this method will work on any BE AMD processors, the rest I have no idea.
You will have to reinstall Win7, and the most important part, you will have to use clean Win7 from Microsoft, not Dell edition, since Dell placed software restrictions to prevent overclocking.
Now the tools of trade.
If you using ATI video card.
Get Catalyst Control Center v12.1 as the most stable version (reported to me by the first Dell Inspiron 570 overclocker).
If you are using NVIDIA video card, or ATI and just want to use generic overclocking tools, get AMD OverDrive.
For Monitoring I would advice using first, OCCT monitoring and testing software, latest beta OCCT PT 4.3.2.b02 is stand alone (not requires installation, just unzip and use).
Second, CPU-Z.
Third and last, Core Temp, I am using Core Temp 0.99.8.0 / 1.0 RC3 - this is excellent utility, you can monitor your status from task bar, also it has overheat protection - you can specify critical temperature and action to take, Core Temp will shut down your PC if you want, I tested this part and it is working great.
Now you need Microsoft Win7 (not Dell Win7).
Download the Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ISO from the link below. This is the authentic ISO from Microsoft's official host site. I have double and triple checked that everything explained here complies in full with Microsoft's user agreement. Please note that this is only true if you download the same version you had installed on your computer at the time of purchase; any attempt to upgrade versions will likely fail and will certainly violate the user agreement.
Download URL: http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-w...oad-links/
Next you can create bootable USB to instal from USB, I prefer simple way - burn WIn7, from the link above, to DVD.
Now the action. It is better to install new WIn7 to another HDD, so if something go wrong you still have original bootable OS. If you have only one HDD, save everything - you have to do clean install, do not attempt to save any settings as you might save Dell restrictions. From my experience, the only drivers you have to worry about (and install after clean install) are Ethernet and possibly (if you using NVIDIA, NVIDIA HD Audio is working just fine) Audio drivers. You can look for original drivers on Dell support site, or use driver backup software now, get your backup files and install the same software to new installation and restore Ethernet and Audion drivers using one of the following: Driver Magician Professional (not free, I used this one) and/or Double Driver 4.1.0 (free). Both those utilities reported to be the best form the rest.
Insert the USB boot drive into your computer or Win7 DVD, then restart. Press F12 when prompted to enter the boot menu and select this drive instead of your internal drive/ or boot from the DVD. It will eventually load a screen asking to select a drive to install windows. Here you need to delete *all* partitions that sit on the physical disc you are reinstalling the OS. Now select that unallocated space for the install. It will do it's thing and install Windows 7, stopping when done to prompt you for the activation key. Use the key that is adhered to the top of the Dell tower. After it accepts your key, elect to not instasll system updates at this time. We want to finish the whole process before complicating things. You should now have a *CLEAN* OS with no bloated list of utilities and freeware that come preinstalled on virtually all new computers.
Now you have Win7 installed.
If you have ATI Video card next step is enough.
First install Catalyst Control Center v12.1 with all offered features if using the custom install screen. Restart when prompted. Right click on your desktop, open the Catalyst application, and scroll down to "performance". Enable overdrive, then select "CPU Overdrive". It will force you to run the auto-tune feature the first time through- when you either reach a successful overclock point you are happy with, stop the auto-tune. Otherwise, you can wait and eventually have the system crash and reboot itself, This is not anything to freak out about; it's how the program determines the limit for manually setting the processor clock. When you restart (select normal boot, no offered repair menus during startup) the desktop will load and you'll receive a pop-up letting you know your overdrive settings are ready to review.
If you are using NVIDIA Video card or just want more detailed expirience, install AMD OverDrive. This is more complicated to explain, I hope you know what are you doing here.
Second, install all monitoring gadgets mentioned above.
Now you are ready for action. If you choose AMD OverDrive you suppose to know what are you doing, just don't play with voltages yet since Inspiron 570 MOBO is too weak and who knows what will happened, if you do please post it here, so everyone would know.
If you choose Catalyst Control Center v12.1 go into the same place you ran the auto-tune, scroll down and select the "manual" overclock slider as active, and select a clock speed. Apply and go ahead setting your GPU core and memory clocks if you wish to overclock them as well. When everything is selected and applied, "X' the program and it will remain active in the tray next to the clock on the menu bar.

P.S. This was a long typing, if I missed anything just let me know.
find