Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223997
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20231
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6282
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

AES-NI Enabled on Y560P / Requesting Advanced Option Unlock
#1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and was trying to enable AES-NI in the BIOS for Y560P, but could not figure out how to do it.

I was able to find a website showing how to enable AES-NI here:
http://pastebin.com/4Wa0iaHz

Also, if the BIOS could also be unlocked, it would be great.

Attach is the BIOS file for the Y560P.
I believe the Y460P also uses the same BIOS.

Thanks in advance.


.zip   3FCN17WW64.zip (Size: 3.22 MB / Downloads: 233)
find
quote
#2
ok , i will modify it for you but please be patient as there are alot of request and i`m busy in my study as well .
thank you Smile


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
Thank you for your reply.

I understand your situation, and I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
find
quote
#4
I have searched for the code inside the power management module and haven`t found this code yet .
Also , your bios is PHOENIX not INSYDE ......... as the code is supposed to be found in INSYDE bioses for your notebook .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
Ahemd,

I think you already have a mod for the y460p but you were looking for platform tools. I sent you a lot pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#6
(10-29-2011, 01:19 AM)ptulluri Wrote: Ahemd,

I think you already have a mod for the y460p but you were looking for platform tools. I sent you a lot pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I'm talking about. AES-NI code not options or menus unlock .
I think its not fhe same code shown in the given link .

The bios options can be easily unlocked and i will upload it later time today or tomorrow as I'm outside home and using mobile .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#7
Really appreciate you looking into this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#8
(10-28-2011, 05:35 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: I have searched for the code inside the power management module and haven`t found this code yet .
Also , your bios is PHOENIX not INSYDE ......... as the code is supposed to be found in INSYDE bioses for your notebook .

I did research on my own after you have stated that you could not find the code inside the power management module, and going off of this instructions, here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-...em-15.html

I was able to figure out that the code is inside BIOSCOD07.ROM module.
However, that is as far as I was able to go...
find
quote
#9
No problem , i thought its only inside power management module as the first link you have posted say that code is located in powermanagement not bioscod .

I will search in bioscode and modify it for you along with menus unlock in the same modification .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#10
Now, I am not too sure if the AES-NI is in BIOSCOD07.ROM.
According to the tutorial I posted earlier, it should be one of these files:

$ for i in `cat interesting_files.txt`; do echo $i; grep -i 0x13c[^0-9a-f] $i;
done
./35C0C168-2607-4E51-BB53-448E3ED1A87F.ff.asm
1654: 88 b4 1f 3c 01 00 00 mov %dh,0x13c(%edi,%ebx,1)
./B601F8C4-43B7-4784-95B1-F4226CB40CEE.ff.asm
fe6: 8b 05 3c 01 00 00 mov 0x13c,%eax
./BIOSCOD02.ROM.asm
e06: 9a 8e 10 34 e5 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xe534108e
18cc: 9a fe 61 eb 07 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0x7eb61fe
304f: 9a c1 00 e0 e4 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xe4e000c1
a57b: 9a e6 0b 34 e5 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xe5340be6
./BIOSCOD03.ROM.asm
1d2b: 9a 8e 10 34 e5 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xe534108e
1d79: 9a 8e 10 34 e5 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xe534108e
./BIOSCOD07.ROM.asm
3f07: 9a 76 4a 00 f0 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xf0004a76
885e: 9a 1b 61 00 f0 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xf000611b
a6e6: 66 b9 3c 01 mov $0x13c,%cx
b80c: 9a 81 94 34 e5 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xe5349481
./ROMEXEC.ROM.asm
2740: 9a c7 67 00 f0 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xf00067c7
27b4: 9a c7 67 00 f0 3c 01 lcall $0x13c,$0xf00067c7

Sorry for the uncertainty, but I didn't want you looking for the code in the wrong file.

Also, according to
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-...em-18.html
which points to
http://www.msi.com/service/faq/2204.html
the microcode to enable AES-NI might just not be present inside the BIOS.
Using the Intel Processor Identification Utility, it shows that the microcode revision is "E" with this BIOS.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)