Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 42
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Today 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 221
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Today 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2819
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 21999
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26124
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6215
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220092
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 194
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98760
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324656
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1058
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 342
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 167
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542606
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 272

ALiveNF5SLI-1394 for Phenom II X4 980 cpu
Just wanted to supply the following

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?Mo...F5SLI-1394

Overview of the ALiveNF5SLI-1394

and the overview and cpu list on the AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard I also own:

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?Model=AM2NF3-VSTA

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=AM2NF3-VSTA

The reason I provided this is because the NF3/AGP based motherboard actually supports 45nm Phenom II X4 up to 3.5Ghz on the last bios while the NF560 based motherboard does not...

Perhaps there is some additional detail in the bios AGESA versions that can shed some light and I am willing to give it a try because as I already stated the motherboard sees all the caches on the Phenom II X4 980 as well as the cores but it caps them to 800Mhz and I cannot manually set the multipliers.
find
(02-03-2012, 04:06 PM)Akumajo Wrote: I am interested in buying a Phenom II X4 980 3.7Ghz CPU, I know that the AsRock site says the Hyper Transport will only work in HT 1.0 mode and I don't mind that at all, it also claims clock speed will not be affected. It also says that the motherboard also supports DDRII 1066 which I already have in 4GB (4x 1GB sticks) of ram but that type of ram does not work with the Athlon X2 6400+

I've just contacted ASROCK in regards to the bios you mentioned. They sent me a copy of the L1.53 beta and it is working perfectly for my 955 BE. I'm attaching it in case anyone still needs it, be sure to shank ASROCK for providing it though.

.rar   BIOS.rar (Size: 446 KB / Downloads: 55)
find
(04-24-2012, 05:42 PM)romalias Wrote:
(02-03-2012, 04:06 PM)Akumajo Wrote: I am interested in buying a Phenom II X4 980 3.7Ghz CPU, I know that the AsRock site says the Hyper Transport will only work in HT 1.0 mode and I don't mind that at all, it also claims clock speed will not be affected. It also says that the motherboard also supports DDRII 1066 which I already have in 4GB (4x 1GB sticks) of ram but that type of ram does not work with the Athlon X2 6400+

I've just contacted ASROCK in regards to the bios you mentioned. They sent me a copy of the L1.53 beta and it is working perfectly for my 955 BE. I'm attaching it in case anyone still needs it, be sure to shank ASROCK for providing it though.

Are you sure that you got that from AsRock? I had sent them an email earlier this year and the guy told me that there was no support.

Can you please post CPU-z, GPU-z and benchmark scores from 3dmark06 and 3dmark vantage and screenshots if you can.

Also what type of memory do you have? do you have DDRII 1066 or 800...
find
(04-25-2012, 07:54 PM)Akumajo Wrote:

Are you sure that you got that from AsRock? I had sent them an email earlier this year and the guy told me that there was no support.

Can you please post CPU-z, GPU-z and benchmark scores from 3dmark06 and 3dmark vantage and screenshots if you can.

OLD crap memory( all generic chips ) they run 667 and 800 mhz with no problem though.

When I contacted ASrock I mentioned the french site gave them a link and specifically asked about the L1.53 beta which was discussed there. I've attached the main CPU-z window, as you can see it's running fairly well. I don't know if they will ever mainstream it, but as long as I have support and can play with it, I'm happy.

*Edit I'm too lazy to get benchmarking software right now, but I can say that my Windows 8 experience index went from a 6.8 for the processor to a 7.3 on both proc and memory. My stupid old Sata hard drive keeps my total score at 5.9 though QQ. Anyway it's considerably better, performance wise, than the highest equivalent Phenom processor. If you still have the board why don't you slap it in and test it out for yourself? Rar files don't magically turn into viruses (at least not to my knowledge) so take a look see, extract it, then use MMtool to look the differences over, when satisfied install and test. If you use winflash to flash it you will need to type *.* into the file name dialogue box to get it to show up since they didn't give it a proper "ROM" file extension.
Here's a copy of the email I sent and received in reply:

Thank you, it worked beautifully. So far my processor is detected and I have not noticed any bugs.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:26 PM
Subject: FW: $ALiveNF5SLI-1394$ Phenom II X4 support

Nicholas ;

Please check the attached file and update your BIOS under DOS

Instructions
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Mo...F5SLI-1394&o=BIOS

ASRock America Support

Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:19 PM
To: pablomedina@asrockamerica.com
Subject: $ALiveNF5SLI-1394$ Phenom II X4 support

»Contact Information
Name:
Redacted for privacy
E-Mail:
Redacted for privacy
Language:
English-America
United States
Phone:
Redacted for privacy
»Product Information
Product Type:
Motherboard
Problem Type:
CPU
Model Name:
ALiveNF5SLI-1394
BIOS Version:
Purchase Date:
2009/04/11
Serial Number:
»Configuration
CPU:
Phenom II X4 955 (Black)
Memory:
4 gig generic
Video Card:
PNY Geforce 550 GTX,PCIE
HDD:
Sata II 500 GB,SATA
CD-ROM:
Generic,
Windows 7
Other Devices:
»Subject
Phenom II X4 support
»Problem Description
I would really like to put my upgraded processor into this board, unfortunately, it does not support it with the 1.50 bios revision. However, I found that, at least at one time, you had been working on support for this processor. If it is available anywhere I would be glad to test out the 1.53 beta bios I read about here: http://forum.zebulon.fr/rsolu-upgrade-64...70910.html&st=20

Yes, the site is in french and Google translate sucks, however, the gist of it, in English, is that your support dept began work on a beta bios a while back which doesn't seem to have been fully released. Perhaps there is a reason support was left out for this particular board, however, given that your support aided another in this respect, I thought it would be good to ask, particularly, if it's still available.

Thank you for your time,
find
(04-26-2012, 05:08 AM)romalias Wrote:

OLD crap memory( all generic chips ) they run 667 and 800 mhz with no problem though.

When I contacted ASrock I mentioned the french site gave them a link and specifically asked about the L1.53 beta which was discussed there. I've attached the main CPU-z window, as you can see it's running fairly well. I don't know if they will ever mainstream it, but as long as I have support and can play with it, I'm happy.

*Edit I'm too lazy to get benchmarking software right now, but I can say that my Windows 8 experience index went from a 6.8 for the processor to a 7.3 on both proc and memory. My stupid old Sata hard drive keeps my total score at 5.9 though QQ. Anyway it's considerably better, performance wise, than the highest equivalent Phenom processor. If you still have the board why don't you slap it in and test it out for yourself? Rar files don't magically turn into viruses (at least not to my knowledge) so take a look see, extract it, then use MMtool to look the differences over, when satisfied install and test. If you use winflash to flash it you will need to type *.* into the file name dialogue box to get it to show up since they didn't give it a proper "ROM" file extension.

Thank you, it worked beautifully. So far my processor is detected and I have not noticed any bugs.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:26 PM
Subject: FW: $ALiveNF5SLI-1394$ Phenom II X4 support

Nicholas ;

Please check the attached file and update your BIOS under DOS

Instructions
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Mo...F5SLI-1394&o=BIOS

ASRock America Support

Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:19 PM
To: pablomedina@asrockamerica.com
Subject: $ALiveNF5SLI-1394$ Phenom II X4 support

»Contact Information
Name:
Redacted for privacy
E-Mail:
Redacted for privacy
Language:
English-America
United States
Phone:
Redacted for privacy
»Product Information
Product Type:
Motherboard
Problem Type:
CPU
Model Name:
ALiveNF5SLI-1394
BIOS Version:
Purchase Date:
2009/04/11
Serial Number:
»Configuration
CPU:
Phenom II X4 955 (Black)
Memory:
4 gig generic
Video Card:
PNY Geforce 550 GTX,PCIE
HDD:
Sata II 500 GB,SATA
CD-ROM:
Generic,
Windows 7
Other Devices:
»Subject
Phenom II X4 support
»Problem Description
I would really like to put my upgraded processor into this board, unfortunately, it does not support it with the 1.50 bios revision. However, I found that, at least at one time, you had been working on support for this processor. If it is available anywhere I would be glad to test out the 1.53 beta bios I read about here: http://forum.zebulon.fr/rsolu-upgrade-64...70910.html&st=20

Yes, the site is in french and Google translate sucks, however, the gist of it, in English, is that your support dept began work on a beta bios a while back which doesn't seem to have been fully released. Perhaps there is a reason support was left out for this particular board, however, given that your support aided another in this respect, I thought it would be good to ask, particularly, if it's still available.

Thank you for your time,

When I emailed the guy, I mentioned the french site... but was just told to look at the CPU support link in the official site, that was I think in February.

Yeah I still have the CPU, can't really return it however I just re-installed the Athlon X2 6400+ and funny enough the 4GB of corsair dominator was actually working great... at 800Mhz so I left it alone (I wanted to experience the difference with an overall change...)

I am aware that compared to my Athlon 6400+ X2, a regular Phenom 9850 X4 should almost completely outperform it on most benchies minus old single threaded stuff that give rare results.

I also emailed AsRock again last night, went to bed and woke up to an actual email sending me the L1.53 beta lol so I will give it a try to see if it can work.

I mean I believe it can however the Phenom II X4 980 has a higher multiplier and I am curious to see how it will turn out, I will do the bios flash and CPU install tonight... depending on what happens I might end up buying another Phenom X4 980 from newegg... and I was just about to give up and just go Intel.... (though in the future 2013 I will, with an Asus mobo since AsRock are pretty much the same companies) so I will post tomorrow, thanks romalias and AsRock it seems like you saved my life here...
find
Ok so I flashed the bios, then installed the CPU again or I changed the Athlon X2 6400+ to the Phenom II X4 980 on the ALiveNF5SLI-1394 with the L1.53 beta bios.

The CPU was properly recognized and clocked, however there where alot of things I noticed and had to do and I am still stressing it (no overclocking) with applications that use all four cores as well as regular 3d benchmarks that are mostly single threaded and I am preparing a proper write up report for anyone willing to read as well as to report back to AsRock so that they know how it works and what I noticed.
find
(04-26-2012, 05:08 AM)romalias Wrote:

Hey Romalias you don't have any problems restarting from Windows? or under bios when you hit save settings and restart?

I have that problem, did not have it with the old Athlon X2 6400+ CPU but once I installed the Phenom II X4 980 cpu I have that problem at default bios settings... I reported it to ASRock since its really something they should know and since the L1.53 is really a beta bios...

Other than that as far as the CPU and all four cores working at 3.7Ghz with the DDRII 1066 ram under default bios settings which is downclocked (and still has the restart bug) it works fine and fast.

I had to go into bios to set the DDRII speed to 1066 setting.

I also had to go to bios to make sure the HyperTransport is set to HT1 but instead of 2000 MT/s CPU-z reports it as 1600 MT/s just like yours and that is wrong.

The DDRII 1066 does not work at full Cas rated latency, the bios sets its own cas ratings and I have not gone in there to manually set the timings.

However all of the benchmarks work or display higher scores, Crysis 1 and Warhead actually have much higher and stable framerates which is shocking me as I just thought my card was just weak (I will get a stronger one if I can)

I will prep a more detailed update please bear with me thanks.
find
Ok so here is my long overdue and detailed report on how the AMD Phenom II X4 980 3.7Ghz cpu with DDRII 1066 (albeit at auto bios timings) and the ASRock ALIVENF5SLI-1394 AM2 motherboard under the pretense that its supposed to work as a HT1.0 mode using the L1.53 beta bios so this is more of an ASRock issue as they provided the bios but I thought I should let anyone know if in case they were interested in maxing out their motherboard using the 45nm Phenom II X4s... I don't have access to the older Agena Phenom X4s that are officially supported so if anyone has one I would appreciate to know if the motherboard automatically configures the FSB or HT to 1.0 or 1000Mhz aka 2.0MT/s.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
Clean install on Bios AsRock 1.50 and AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 3.2Ghz with AM2 boost @ 3.247Mhz and 2x 1024MB (2GB dual channel matched) SuperTalent DDRII-800 CL5 T8UB1Gc5

I installed the Corsair modules without reformatting under the Athlon X2 and no problems.
I flashed L1.53 beta bios and installed Phenom II 980 cpu (again, I had previously installed CPU under 1.50 bios but stuck at 800Mhz unknown cpu)

AsRock ALiveNF5SLI-1394 L1.53 bios description:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 980
Processor Speed: 3700Mhz
Microcode Update: 100F43/10000AF
L1 512KB
L2 2048KB
L3 6144KB

Total Memory 4096MB
DDRII 1 1024/533Mhz (DDRII 1066)
DDRII 2 1024/533Mhz (DDRII 1066)
DDRII 3 1024/533Mhz (DDRII 1066)
DDRII 4 1024/533Mhz (DDRII 1066)

Motherboard settings that I had to manually set under the Phenom II X4 980:

CPU configuration ~ only

memory clock from default AUTO set to 533MHz (DDRII 1066)

(before it defaulted to lowest DDRII speed 266MHz)

Chipset settings ~ only

HT Bus Speed set from AUTO to 1000MHz (before it defaulted to 800Mhz as shown under CPU-z)

HT Bus Width from AUTO to 16bit (I just did that only to make sure so maybe its nothing)

However with the Phenom II X4 980 under the 1.50 bios, if I saved bios settings and restarted, it would restart and boot to windows as normal.
Under the L1.53 beta bios default settings if I save bios settings and restart the computer does not really restart, it saves but it hangs...
So I have to manual shutdown by pressing power button.
If I go into bios and check that settings were changed or saved which they were and then go to "discard changes and exit" the computer boots to Windows no problem.

Under Windows, if I restart the computer, it will shutdown but instead of restart and boot, it hangs so I have to manual shutdown and then power on.
If I set manual sleep mode under Windows, it goes into sleep mode, wait a couple minutes, press space bar and Windows works no problem.
If I set manual hybernate mode under Windows, it goes into hybernate, computer is silent as if shut down, then many minutes later I press space bar and Windows works no problem.

Bios Properties and changes:

bios size 512 KB
Type AMI
Version P1.50
AGESA version 3.1.6.0
System bios date 04/09/08
Video Bios date 02/23/09

Type AMI
Version L1.53
AGESA Version 3.3.2.0
System bios date 12/21/09
Video bios date 02/23/09

Motherboard ID 63-153-0000010-00101111-122109-NVIDIA$ASR28153_ALIVENF5SLI-1394 BIOS L1.53

Front Side Bus Properties:

Bus Type AMD K10
Real Clock 201 MHz
Effective Clock 201 Mhz
HyperTransport Clock 1005 Mhz (again this was manual set under bios)
North Bridge Clock 1608 Mhz (I believe this is supposed to be 2000Mhz)

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Unganged Dual DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio 16:6
Real Clock 536MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 1072 MHz
Bandwith 17154 MB/s

CPUID Properties

Manufacturer Authentic AMD
CPU Name AMD Phenom™ II X4 980 Processor
Revision 00100F43h
AMD brand ID 1D06h (Phenom II X4 980)
Platform ID D6h (Socket AM2+)
HTT/CMP Units 0/4

AMD Phenom II X4 980 @ 3719 Mhz (18.5 x 201)
Deneb
RB-C3
Min / Max CPU multiplier 4/0x/ 39.5x

Memory Controller Dual Channel (128-bit) - Unganged

Memory Timings
CAS Latency (CL) 5T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 7T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 7T
RAS Active Time (tRAS 24T

CPU-z description:

AMD Phenom II X4 980
Deneb
Max TDP 126W
Socket AM3 (938)
45nm
1.344~366V
RB-C3
3719.07Mhz
Bus Speed 201.03Mhz
HT Link 1005.17Mhz

General Memory info:

DDR2 4096MBytes
Channels Dual
DC Mode Unganged
NB Frequency 1608.3Mhz
DRAM Frequency 536.1Mhz
FSBBig GrinRAM 3:8
5-7-7-24-31 (SPD shows the Timings Table "EPP#1" 533Mhz 5-5-5-15-22-2T 2.100V as far as I know the bios only shows 2.05V mode in red overclocking so I left that to AUTO)

I have benchmarked the system running CPU-z, AIDA64, 4Media Video Converter Ultimate 6 using four cores/CUDA, Nvidia Physx Fluid demo version 1.0.0.9 (simulating 614XX fluid particles in HW mode) at the same time while also using an old emulator called Vivanonno for Rave Racer while at the same time having 4MediaVCU6 convert a 700MB MKV file into an H.264 video that ends up being 2.8GB and takes around 44 minutes to convert (a little less if alone) while also playing a 720p H.264 video while Task manager shows 46 processes running and over 3.08GB of ram used (while also having multiple text web documents open)
Idle boot to desktop task manager processes is 33 and 811MB of ram used.

Case is closed to simulate hottest temperature zones during hours of full load.
Motherboard temperatures is 42 celcius (108F)
CPU over all is 78 celsius (172F)
CPU Core #1 69 to 70C (156F)
CPU Core #2 69 to 70C (156F)
CPU Core #3 69 to 70C (156F)
CPU Core #4 69 to 70C (156F) note these temps are much more consistently in sync than when I used the Athlon X2 6400+
Aux 74C (165F)
GPU Diode 63C (145F) note I need to use Crysis 1 or Warhead to raise the temps up to almost 69C after hours of playing using GPU-z
HDDs stayed at 40C or so.

At idle with case closed the temps are as follows after minutes passed from conversion and multi-tasking abuse:

Motherboard 39C (102F)
CPU overall 54C (129F)
CPU Core #1 49C (120F)
CPU Core #2 49C (120F)
CPU Core #3 49C (120F)
CPU Core #4 49C (120F)
Aux 53C (127F)
GPU Diode 42C (108F)
All HDDs fall to 34C (93F)

About Windows 7 SP1 64bit funny stuff:

Initial clean install with 1.50 bios Athlon 6400+ (AM2 Boost) 3247Mhz and 2GB dual channel DDRII 800

Default scores
Processor 6.3
Ram 5.9 (it shot higher when I added the 4GB sticks to 6.2 I think)
Graphics 7.0 (I actually believe this was a bit lower...)
Gaming Graphics 7.0
Primary hard disk 5.9

After L1.53 beta bios and Phenom II X4 980 @ 3719Mhz and manual settings in bios
Processor 7.4
Ram 7.4
Graphics 7.0
Gaming Graphics 7.0
Phd 5.9

3dMark Vantage Athlon X2 6400+ is P8067, GPU 6581, CPU 24991, CPU tests 590.31 and 105.14
3dMark Vantage Phenom X4 980 is P8248, GPU 6587, CPU 33856 CPU tests 1587.19 and 122.70 ~ H4870, GPU 4233, CPU 32939, CPU tests 1597.53 and 118.00

3dMark05 17190, CPU score 14746, tests 9.8fps and 9.9fps
3dMark05 21163, CPU score 22145, tests 15.0fps and 14.5fps
3dMark06 11336, CPU score 2341, tests 0.729fps and 1.202fps
3dMark06 15669, CPU score 5021, tests 1.638fps and 2.463fps

Over all system performance, speed and program/application start up speed is faster.
Performance in gaming applications like Crysis 1/Warhead is slightly or more so smoother for obvious reasons however I am wondering if the AM3 cpu is supposed to use HT1.0 (2.0GT/s) why is the NB frequency limited to 1608.2Mhz, it should be 2000.0Mhz right?
And should I try to manually set the ram timings to 5-5-5-15 instead of what the system sets it to 5-7-7-24 ?

I hope this feedback data can really help you in how this beta bios, CPU and ram combination works, if there are any additional tests please ask me to do them or tell me about them.

I use other programs for productivity but among them I also use 4Media Video Converter Ultimate 6 because it actually used the Athlon X2 6400+ and the GeForce GTS 250 1GB CUDA to speed up conversion, adding the Phenom II X4 980 dramatically increases conversion speed as the program effectively uses all four CPU cores and the GPU's CUDA core ability.
Also the major bug so far is the restart from windows and restart from bios, a reformat is pointless since it would still happen from saving settings under bios so I hope this information is usefull in helping you figure out what is going on.
I have tested with various programs and benchmarks, including Nvidia's Medusa Tech demo as it is stressfull on the system too, as well as using an old Nvidia tech demo screensaver called Geoforms and the system goes to sleep mode at the proper times and comes back to desktop when I press the spacebar.
So far I have yet to experience any type of blue screen or system crash or program crash. I used to get alot of that with Vista and in rare occasions under Win 7 with the Athlon X2 6400+, I never abused overclocked that CPU so it was rock solid always and I have noticed that the overall system runs much quieter than before (using the same but newer thermal grease)

Again I would like to eventually reformat just to make sure but I fear that the restart from windows/bios bug will [censored] up the installation.

Another thing I need to mention is that under 3dMark Vantage, 06 and 05 the Phenom II X4 980 is listed as having L1 and L2 cache, no mention of the L3 cache which makes me wonder why or if a clean instal will remedy this issue or if its just the Beta bios of course this would end up being an ASRock issue if they can figure this problem out which I hope is the case given how stable the system has been so far under massive stress and temp stress tests.

CPU Properties:
CPU Type QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 980
CPU Alias Deneb
CPU Stepping RB-C3
Engineering Sample No
CPUID CPU Name AMD Phenom™ II X4 980 Processor
CPUID Revision 00100F43h
CPU VID 1.3500 V
North Bridge VID 1.3500 V

CPU Speed:
CPU Clock 3719.3 MHz (original: 3700 MHz)
CPU Multiplier 18.5x
CPU FSB 201.0 MHz (original: 200 MHz)
HyperTransport Clock 1005.2 MHz
North Bridge Clock 1608.3 MHz
Memory Bus 536.1 MHz
DRAM:FSB Ratio 16:6

CPU Cache:
L1 Code Cache 64 KB per core
L1 Data Cache 64 KB per core
L2 Cache 512 KB per core (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed)
L3 Cache 6 MB (On-Die, ECC, NB-Speed)

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-153-0000010-00101111-122109-NVIDIA$ASR28153_ALIVENF5SLI-1394 BIOS L1.53
Motherboard Name ASRock ALiveNF5SLI-1394 (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Chipset Properties:
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 560 SLI, AMD K10
Memory Timings 5-7-7-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Command Rate (CR) 2T
DIMM1: Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)
DIMM4: Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)

BIOS Properties:
System BIOS Date 12/21/09
Video BIOS Date 02/23/09
DMI BIOS Version L1.53

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter PNY Verto GeForce GTS 250
GPU Code Name G92GTS (PCI Express 2.0 x16 10DE / 0615, Rev A2)
GPU Clock (Geometric Domain) 738 MHz (original: 738 MHz)
GPU Clock (Shader Domain) 1836 MHz (original: 1836 MHz)
Memory Clock 1101 MHz (original: 1100 MHz)

--------[ Chipset ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ North Bridge: AMD K10 IMC ]

North Bridge Properties:
North Bridge AMD K10 IMC
Supported Memory Types DDR2-400, DDR2-533, DDR2-667, DDR2-800, DDR2-1066, DDR3-800, DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600 SDRAM
Revision 00
Process Technology 45 nm
Probe Filter Not Supported

Memory Controller:
Type Dual Channel (128-bit)
Active Mode Dual Channel (128-bit) - Unganged

Memory Timings:
CAS Latency (CL) 5T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 7T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 7T
RAS Active Time (tRAS) 24T
Row Cycle Time (tRC) 31T
Command Rate (CR) 2T
RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 4T
Write Recovery Time (tWR) 8T
Write To Read Delay (tWTR) 4T
Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP) 6T
Four Activate Window Delay (tFAW) 18T
Write CAS Latency (tWCL) 5T
Refresh Period (tREF) 7.8 us
DRAM Drive Strength 1.25x
DRAM Data Drive Strength 1.0x
Clock Drive Strength 1.5x
CKE Drive Strength 1.5x
Idle Cycle Limit 16

Error Correction:
ECC Supported, Disabled
ChipKill ECC Supported, Disabled
RAID Not Supported
DRAM Scrub Rate Disabled
L1 Data Cache Scrub Rate Disabled
L2 Cache Scrub Rate Disabled
L3 Cache Scrub Rate Disabled

Memory Slots:
DRAM Slot #1 1 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #2 1 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #3 1 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #4 1 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

[ South Bridge: nVIDIA nForce 560 SLI (CK8-04) ]

South Bridge Properties:
South Bridge nVIDIA nForce 560 SLI (CK8-04)
Revision F3
Process Technology 0.13 um
nVIDIA SLI Supported
nVIDIA Hybrid SLI Not Supported

PCI Express Controller:
PCI-E 1.0 x16 port #0 In Use @ x16 (PNY Verto GeForce GTS 250 Video Adapter)
PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #1 In Use @ x8
PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #2 In Use @ x4
PCI-E 1.0 x2 port #3 In Use @ x4

Clock Generator:
CPU FSB 200.9 MHz
HyperTransport 1004.6 MHz
PCI 33.5 MHz
PCI Express 100.0 MHz
MAC PHY 125.0 MHz
SATA PHY 99.8 MHz
Audio/Modem Codec 24.6 MHz
USB2 Controller 48.0 MHz
PIT / ACPI Timer 14.3 MHz

--------[ BIOS ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS Properties:
BIOS Type AMI
BIOS Version L1.53
AGESA Version 3.3.2.0
System BIOS Date 12/21/09
Video BIOS Date 02/23/09

CPU-z

CPU-Z TXT Report
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binaries

CPU-Z version 1.60

Processors

Number of processors 1
Number of threads 4

APICs

Processor 0
-- Core 0
-- Thread 0 0
-- Core 1
-- Thread 0 1
-- Core 2
-- Thread 0 2
-- Core 3
-- Thread 0 3

Processors Information

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 4 (max 4)
Name AMD Phenom II X4 980
Codename Deneb
Specification AMD Phenom™ II X4 980 Processor
Package Socket AM3 (938)
CPUID F.4.3
Extended CPUID 10.4
Brand ID 14
Core Stepping RB-C3
Technology 45 nm
TDP Limit 126 Watts
Core Speed 3719.0 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 18.5 x 201.0 MHz
HT Link speed 1005.1 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V
L1 Data cache 4 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 4 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 4 x 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L3 cache 6 MBytes, 48-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control yes
Min FID 4.0x
# of P-States 4
P-State FID 0x15 - VID 0x10 - IDD 21 (18.50x - 1.350 V)
P-State FID 0xE - VID 0x16 - IDD 16 (15.00x - 1.275 V)
P-State FID 0x7 - VID 0x1E - IDD 11 (11.50x - 1.175 V)
P-State FID 0x100 - VID 0x28 - IDD 4 (4.00x - 1.050 V)

Package Type 0x1
Model 80
String 1 0x3
String 2 0x6
Page 0x0
CmpCap 4
ApicIdCoreSize 4
TDC Limit 84 Amps
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 0
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 1
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 2
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 3
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 4

Chipset

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce4 rev. A3
Southbridge NVIDIA nForce4 MCP rev. F3
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 4096 MBytes
Channels Dual, (Unganged)
Memory Frequency 536.1 MHz (3:8)
CAS# latency (CL) 5.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 7
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 7
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 31
Command Rate (CR) 2T
Uncore Frequency 1608.2 MHz

Memory SPD

DIMM # 1
SMBus address 0x50
Memory type DDR2
Module format Regular UDIMM
Manufacturer (ID) Corsair (7F7F9E0000000000)
Size 1024 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2-6400 (400 MHz)
Part number CM2X1024-8500C5D
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Nominal Voltage 1.80 Volts
EPP yes (1 profiles)
XMP no
JEDEC timings table CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC @ frequency
JEDEC #1 4.0-4-4-13-16 @ 270 MHz
JEDEC #2 5.0-5-5-18-23 @ 400 MHz
EPP timings table CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC-CR @ frequency (voltage)
EPP profile #1 (full) 5.0-5-5-15-22-2T @ 533 MHz (2.100 Volts)

DIMM # 2
SMBus address 0x51
Memory type DDR2
Size 1024 MBytes
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
EPP yes (1 profiles)
XMP no

DIMM # 3
SMBus address 0x52
Memory type DDR2
Size 1024 MBytes
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
EPP yes (1 profiles)
XMP no

DIMM # 4
SMBus address 0x53
Memory type DDR2
Size 1024 MBytes
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
EPP yes (1 profiles)
XMP no
find
hi guys!

nice to see that you found a bios fix for this old board , i have the same model too and plan to upgrade it to a phenom 955.
i have read this entire thread,but when i got up to download the L1.53 beta bios attached, welll....it says file corrupt and cannot extract archive.....so...any of you coud be kind to re-post that beta bios for NF5SLI-1394 ASROCK ?
i have e-mail asrock also but no answer still after a week Sad
find
after 2 weeks ASROCK emailed me..Big Grin.so...here it is in case anyone else needs it......and you also can contact me by email adress , a used and permanent one if need the bios.
mihai_nightrideer_86@yahoo.com
Cool

Attached Files
.zip   ANF5SLI(1.53)WIN.zip (Size: 499.61 KB / Downloads: 28)
find