Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424183
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223867
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309537
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6270
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274957

AMI (American Megatrends) BIOS for Chuwi / Chinese laptops
#1
BIOS updating is something I am pretty used to , since I have experience working in desktop support and have an IT based background . Often I am tasked with updating , refurbishing or deploying laptops for friends, collegues and my own personal use . I also run small hobbiest PC/ Building/ repair venture and purchased a CH314 SOP programmer for a few odd bad BIOS flashes that I had experienced .

Recently I purchased a batch of cheap Chinese laptops on flebay(Chuwi / Geobook/ Hypa). I was hoping to give these to friends and family  . I noticed they were running AMI ( American megatrend BIOS ) .  I had some historical experience with generic grey label Chinese appolo Lake laptops , and was actually able to unlock TDP (from 6w to 15w)  using 'RW everything' and get usable performance under windows 10

Now when testing the CHUWI Herobook Plus  , after modifying it ( adding heatpaste, copper shim and additional heat pad ) , I was able to drop temps by around 10c and now do not go over 60 degrees  . I noticed the TDP on this chip ( J3455) is running under 6W TDP for 99% of the time ( when tested with games/tasks)  , despite Intel's 10W specification .   I noticed the BIOS is locked down , which is quite unusual for a Chinese computer , usually everything is left on ...  I am guessing in this case , Chuwi are limiting the BIOS here . I installed and ran RW everything ( Requires disabling Core integrity options in Win 11) , though this time has no affect at all on the TDP .. Which is strange :/

Conversely the Hypa Laptop has a slightly slower  N4200 6W TDP CPU but the laptop witll happily run at 12W TDP when under load and outperforms the Chuwi J3455 by around 30-40 % when I tested  . However the Hypa laptop has a fully unlocked BIOS with configurable Power limits

So therefore now , I am just thinking there is something that is locked down in the BIOS , which led me back to here .. Specifically I stumbled upon Unlocking AMI  BIOS   when searching for solutions ..    I find it hard to believe BIOS modding is as simple as what is shown in the video . So before I venture off on trying to unlock the Chuwi HeroBook Plus BIOS , I wanted to ask , if there are written versions  of this guide in the video ?  I would prefer to follow such a guide , since Video guides cannot be easily revised or updated

I would be interested to hear your odd  similar DIY  experiences , or regular similar experiences with unlocking BIOS  and if you can point me towards some further information

Thanks in Advance

Joe
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)