Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424252
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3567
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223996
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6749
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309583
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169180
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

ASRock Rack E3C236D4U: AMI BIOS Reading Help
#1
Hello  Shy

Firstable, sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Mobo: E3C236D4U (http://www.asrockrack.com/general/produc...ifications)
CPU: E3 1275 v6 (iGPU inside)
BIOS: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS...50)ROM.zip

I need some help to understand how BIOS hierarchy is working and if the above BIOS configuration will detect iGPU if I put a processor with iGPU, cause i don't have option into BIOS related to iGPU.
(I need to know before buying the new CPU, right now, i have a Xeon without iGPU)

So, this is my AMIBCP after I opened the BIOS with AMIBCP:


[Image: 1542738682-capture.png]

What is the first blank folder ?

After searching in the BIOS, i can find the part which is actually show when I go in to the BIOS:

[Image: 1542738682-capture1.png]

[Image: 1542738903-capture3.png]
No iGPU related settings Sad

I keep looking into the BIOS, and found some interesting features (Setup/Chipset/SA Configuration/ Graphics Configuration) which let me think some default parameter are set, but can you confirm this are some hidden settings ?

[Image: 1542738682-capture2.png]

Thank you very much for help !
find
quote
#2
onboard VGA is graphics inside CPU, I see that in your BIOS image. Chipset would need to be unlocked in your BIOS for you to adjust the settings shown in the last image.

So, you are OK to purchase CPU with onboard graphics!
find
quote
#3
(11-20-2018, 02:41 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: onboard VGA is graphics inside CPU, I see that in your BIOS image.  Chipset would need to be unlocked in your BIOS for you to adjust the settings shown in the last image.  

So, you are OK to purchase CPU with onboard graphics!

Are you sure onboard VGA is graphics inside CPU ?

I think it's the VGA from ASPEED AST2400 (on the board (the motherboard)
find
quote
#4
No, I meant I can see it in the image of your BIOS, the setting for it. You need CPU that has integrated graphics if you do not have already, I was only talking about the BIOS option for onboard graphics is visible in your BIOS already (onboard VGA)

So there is already graphics onboard? If yes, sorry I missed that! In that case, I am not sure if you can use other CPU graphics? Maybe DeathBringer could say for sure. I could enable hidden BIOS settings for you though, probably you need to enable Primary PEG setting option, since you have PCIE and PEG options there, but I am not 100% certain.
find
quote
#5
I don't have right now the CPU with integrated graphics. But it is the next plan.

The main goal is to use the integrated graphics from CPU for transcoding purpose (without changing the mobo)
I know C236 chipset can do this fonction.

If something can enable it, it is the BIOS Big Grin

But right now, the screen from BIOS, are the only one settings I have into my BIOS.

Yes, there is already a integrated VGA on the board:

Spec: http://www.asrockrack.com/general/produc...ifications)
Manual: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manu...236D4U.pdf (page 51)

That's the question  Big Grin

I need to use integrated GPU from CPU (not for screen display, but only from OS), but can I do this with the Asrock BIOS even if i need to active some hidden BIOS ?
find
quote
#6
Can you confirm to me if this options "Graphics Configuration", which I can't see in BIOS, but are in my ROM with AMIBCP means the option are activated with the default value following ?

[Image: 1542738682-capture2.png]


If yes, I guees i do not have any modification to do, when i will put my processor with iGPU, it will be detected from OS, right ?

If not, I will need to active this hidden option ?

I find something interesting:

Mobo: SuperMicro X11SSH-F C236 chipset (pretty much the same mobo, but not the same brand)

This is the "Graphics configuration", not hidden on  this motherboard:

[Image: 1542755217-igfx-png-6c3216bf774e86ace311...e5aaa1.png]

We can find the exactly same options which are hidden from my motherboard but not from supermicro.

So, if someone can confirm to me, even if the settings are hidden to me, the settings from AMICP will applies or not ?

thank you Smile
find
quote
#7
This motherboard has IPMI BMC based on ASPEED AST2400. This SoC has D-Sub connector, but CPU hasn't.
find
quote
#8
Sorry, I dont understand, What is your point of view ?
find
quote
#9
This motherboard hasn't any video connector for CPU with iGPU. D-Sub is connected with IPMI BMC only.
find
quote
#10
Yes, i know, it's the same for the Supermicro listed above: https://www.supermicro.com/products/moth...1SSH-F.cfm

Or another Asrock with same chipset: http://www.asrockrack.com/general/produc...ifications

They don't have video connector for CPU and iGPU can be be use from OS (displaying it's not the goal)

I'm asking if with some BIOS modification, I will be able to enable it on the E3C236D4U which dont have any option related to iGPU (but seems to have when I open the BIOS with AMIBCP)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)