Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 73
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424324
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224229
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309641
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169220
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61168

ASRock Rack E3C236D4U: AMI BIOS Reading Help
#11
Find some explications from Supermicro why some mobo can't use iGPU:

https://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/...?faq=26157

I guess is the same reason for my mobo...

I will go for X11SSH-F
find
quote
#12
I can enable "Graphics Configuration" page for you in the BIOS, and yes, when it's set to auto now that is good (not disabled)
On your link above, maybe that doesn't apply to your board? You'd have to ask Asrock directly if similar applies or not.

If you want mod BIOS let me know, I can make for you to enable that. You can see "Root" of chipset page already in your BIOS correct?
If not, please send me an image of your BIOS that shows all the main tabs/sections currently visible.
find
quote
#13
I think iGPU is disable, with current BIOS, I put in a 1275 v6 and "lspci" do not return to me anything related to Intel HD graphics from OS.

Quote:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 5918 (rev 05)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsystem (rev 31)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #1 (rev 31)
00:16.1 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #2 (rev 31)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SATA controller [AHCI mode] (rev 31)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev f1)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev f1)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #6 (rev f1)
00:1c.7 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #8 (rev f1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev 31)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PMC (rev 31)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SMBus (rev 31)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
03:00.0 PCI bridge: ASPEED Technology, Inc. AST1150 PCI-to-PCI Bridge (rev 03)
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family (rev 30)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)


So I cant use it from OS....

I don't know if the Supermicro asnwer applies to my board or not (but it could be), I tried to contact Asrock support, but no answer for a week...
Tried on their forum support, same....
Worst support I've ever seen.

The E3C236D2I board can enable iGPU from BIOS:

Spec and BIOS link if you want to compare: http://www.asrockrack.com/general/produc...I#Download
Bios (advanced, chipset configuration): http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manu...236D2I.pdf (see page 38-39 for screenshot)

Quote:IGFX
Use this item to enable or disable Intel Quick Sync Video functions. Enabled for video encoding and transcoding only, but not for display output. 

But mine can't... and the board are pretty similar !

I don't know if I really want to try a modified BIOS  Sad
(I dont want to brick the mobo)

But maybe I can try if it's safe, I mean, if it's just unlocking some options, It should be ?
I'm not sure to understand what you said about the "root" of Chipset part ?

But I think I get it and the answer is yes (see page 47: Advanced=>Chipset Configuration):

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manu...236D4U.pdf

Tell me if this answer to your question.

Go to page 46 to see all my BIOS screenshot. 

Here a direct link from Asrock to direct download the ROM of my latest BIOS:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS...50)ROM.zip
find
quote
#14
Find some other information from reddit:

The issue is the same with SuperMicro X11SSM-F and X11SSH-F.
The first one cannot use the iGPU.

Thread on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeServer/comm...ro_x11ssm/)


Quote:Big facepalm here. I got the E3-1275v6 which has an iGPU in order to use Intel's QuickSync to HW accelerate Plex transcodings, eventually. Well, turns out that this board doesn't have the iGPU wired up (the VGA connector is just the on-board graphics) but it won't event power it, do the iGPU cannot be used at all (even if you can't connect a display to it, QuickSync could be used... it the iGPU actually got any power delivered to it).
___

Don't worry, I also made the same mistake. I tried for hours to get the iGPU to work, but then later discovered the motherboard just plain doesn't support integrated graphics at the firmware level. I didn't even think to check for this at purchase time because I've never come across a motherboard not supporting iGPU. Even without video output for the iGPU, I just thought Intel Quick Sync would still be able to work, but nope.

99% is the same situation with Asrock E3C236D2I / E3C236D4U (mine)
The first one can, second cannot....

So, is a BIOS modification (to see hidden settings) can do the trick ? or it's hardware limitation  with the mobo ??

That is the question...
find
quote
#15
Only way to know is try mod BIOS I guess? In AMIBCP at "Setup > Chipset > System Agent" This is the chipset I was wondering about, which is currently not visible in your BIOS (It would/will be a main section, not within "Advanced")

Here is mod BIOS if you want to try, I think chipset if enabled will now be across top as it's own root section (Main, Chipset, Advanced, Boot etc)
I think Asrock BIOS needs same stock name, not certain, so please remove stock BIOS from your USB while you flash this one so there's no confusion
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5529066080
find
quote
#16
Thank you very much for this.
I think I will try when I got the Supermicro mobo (just in case if something goes wrong)

I should received the mobo this weekend.
I’ll keep you in touch.

One more thing, can I flash Rom from Asrock utilities from BIOS or should I use another way ? cause BIOS was not sign anymore I guess.
find
quote
#17
Sorry, I forgot about Asrock security. Here is updated BIOS with secure capsule removed, this should flash properly using the build in BIOS flash tool, if not let me know and I will do again before the mod instead of after
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...0733476165
find
quote
#18
No problem Smile

Thank you for the revision, i will try this weekend if I have (and found) the courage  Rolleyes
find
quote
#19
It should be fine, either new items will appear or not (bad flash is rare with this kind of simple mod)
Hopefully all goes smoothly, and the new menu shows up! If yes, and it's missing items we can add, just let me know what's missing
find
quote
#20
But I have one question in my mind...

If the option is hidden by default, does that mean if we unhide it and we change the value after in the BIOS that will change really something ?

I mean, if the option is hidden because the mobo can't handle the option (missing hardware requirement for example), it is safe to change the option into the BIOS after unhide it ?

Or if the option can be seen in AMIBCD, means the mobo can handle the option ?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)