Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227768
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

ASUS 1215N unlocked BIOS
#1
Hello,
This is the first modified BIOS that I released.
I was able to unlock four hidden options:
Debug Port
Adjust FSB Speed
USB Charge Setting
CPU Voltage

1215N.BIOS

I have been running the netbook with the FSB speed setting as SuperPerformance ,and the CPU Voltage as Low, without any noticeable problems.

This was very easy to unlock using the latest AMI BCP.
I was hopping there was a way to disable Nvidia Optimus and set the default video card as either the Intel GMA 3150 or the Nvidia ION, so that I could run OS X with accelerated graphics. There might be a way to hack the BIOS further, but this is beyond my skill level for now. Maybe someone else could take a gander at it.

EDIT:
I noticed what appear to be several hidden options under the BIOS Strings tab within AMI BCP.

The ones that interest me the most are labeled as the following:
Initate Graphic Adapter
Select which graphicscontroller to use asthe primary bootdevice.
Internal Graphics Mode Select
Select the amount of system memory used by the Internal graphics device.

I'm not sure if these are options that can be enabled or not, maybe someone else can shine some light on this.


Attached Files
.rom   1215N.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 96)
find
quote
#2
(08-26-2013, 03:41 PM)Troglodyte Wrote: Hello,
This is the first modified BIOS that I released.
I was able to unlock four hidden options:
Debug Port
Adjust FSB Speed
USB Charge Setting
CPU Voltage

1215N.BIOS

I have been running the netbook with the FSB speed setting as SuperPerformance ,and the CPU Voltage as Low, without any noticeable problems.

This was very easy to unlock using the latest AMI BCP.
I was hopping there was a way to disable Nvidia Optimus and set the default video card as either the Intel GMA 3150 or the Nvidia ION, so that I could run OS X with accelerated graphics. There might be a way to hack the BIOS further, but this is beyond my skill level for now. Maybe someone else could take a gander at it.

EDIT:
I noticed what appear to be several hidden options under the BIOS Strings tab within AMI BCP.

The ones that interest me the most are labeled as the following:
Initate Graphic Adapter
Select which graphicscontroller to use asthe primary bootdevice.
Internal Graphics Mode Select
Select the amount of system memory used by the Internal graphics device.

I'm not sure if these are options that can be enabled or not, maybe someone else can shine some light on this.

Hello,

i know this is an old thread but i've recently started tinkering around with settings and parts for my 1215n and would like to know if you got any further with the bios mods?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)