Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424127
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3553
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309491
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169138
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61105
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

ASUS M5A99X EVO BIOS flashing/programming
#1
Hello

I have a M5A99X EVO rev 1.01 motherboard which apparently seems to have a corrupted or defective BIOS chip. The BIOS is an AMI BIOS
I have been taking a look and this is a Winbond 25XXXX chip (Sorry, I cannot see the other numbers in the chip) which should be compatible with a CH341A USB programmer found in some online stores. I took a look at an Aliexpress one and thought about getting it.

The problem is that, as far as I know, it's not possible to download the latest BIOS from the ASUS website and flash it directly using the programmer. Is this possible?

Or does the BIOS have to be converted to a specific file format before being able to program it using the programmer? I have tried to look a bit on the internet and some people talk about BIOS dumps, which don't seem to be the same as BIOS ROMs from the manufacturer websites. The motherboard bios on the ASUS website ends in a .ROM extension.

It's impossible to boot the computer and flash the BIOS using AFUDOS or similar. I have also tried to connect a FAT32 2 GB USB memory stick with the latest BIOS renamed as AMIBOOT.ROM, turn on the computer, but no luck. The USB is never accessed at all.
So I think using a programmer is the only option available. In case the chip is broken, then I would need to buy a new virgin BIOS chip and program it if needed.

Could you please provide me information about what I need to follow? The programming BIOS tutorial here doesn't have screenshots attached and no new information since then. But otherwise that making a current dump of the BIOS chip and flashing a new working BIOS, or dump, should fix the problem.

This is the programmer I found, all are identical anyway:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/327934764...web201603_

This is the M5A99X EVO latest BIOS download:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/So...S-1708.zip

Thank you so much in advance..
find
quote
#2
Hello

I am looking for a BIOS dump for this motherboard that I can program into the BIOS chip using a CH341A programmer.
I have found some sites which offer it at a cost, which shouldn't be an issue if they were trustable or if I knew if this was going to work. As I don't want to  spend money on something that won't work.

Has anyone got a BIOS dump for this board M5A99X EVO, revision is 1.01

Thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)