Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 175
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222398
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118935
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 189
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6671
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309048
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61805
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 498
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20135
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168888
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6178
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 697
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5656
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60976
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274836
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 812
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24763

ASUS P5K - BIOS mod for SATA-III-support (SATA 6 Gb/s)
#1
Hey guys,

I'm an average PC-user with basic BIOS knowledge/understanding, and I'm still running my PC with ASUS P5K motherboard (AMI Bios running on it) => Intel P35 Chipset with ICH9 Southbridge: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5K/specifications/

I want to thank "camiloml" for enabling/activating AHCI on the primary Southbridge (Bios version 1201) for ASUS P5K motherboard (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-s...os-for-SSD).
I appreciate your help a lot! :-)


Here my request:
-----------
According to Intel's specifications the ICH9 Southbridge supports 4x SATA 3Gb/s ports (SATA-II).
After I have seen this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1IRpZ29Ns (bios modding) on YouTube, I wanted to ask you following:

1. Is it possible to modify/update the BIOS so that the Chipset supports SATA 6Gb/s (SATA-III) - update the firmware with newer drivers or similar?
The SATA-Ports on my motherboard are (physicaly and technicaly) the same as on newer motherboards (e.g. motherboards with Q77, Z97 Chipset and later), so I thought the only differece is the firmware or newer "driver" that allows SATA-III-speed. Or am I wrong in my assumption?

I am fully aware of the fact, that SATA interface has it's technical limit at 6 Gb/s (SATA-III), and that is the reason why the industry switched to PCIe-interface for future SSD technology.

I have read that Hewlett Packard sold notebooks in year 2008 (HP Compaq 8510p) with PM965 Chipset with ICH8M Southbridge, which normally supports SATA 3Gb/s, but HP limited the SATA-speed to 1,5 Gb/s in the BIOS (for different reasons)...


2. Is it possible to modify this old AMI-BIOS (ver. 1201) so that the motherboard supports NVMe protocol? 
Or is NVMe support only available on motherboards with UEFI-Bios?

Thank you very much for your help,
Ozzi
find
quote
#2
Hey guys,

after days of searching the web I found the "answer" to my question no. 2 (NVMe support for older motherboards) here, and it seems to work without modding of BIOS:
http://www.win-raid.com/t2375f46-Guide-N...ethod.html

Some further explanation from the same forum:
http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Guide-Ho...-BIOS.html

I just wanted to share it with you - maybe somebody was just looking for such a solution :-)
Cheerz
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)