Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

ASUS Q550LF - restore on AC power loss
#1
Hey guys, i recently decided to convert an old laptop into a webserver. I've removed the mobo etc from the laptop and mounted it in a closet. All I need now is the mobo to turn on with AC power. In BIOS this is usually available on desktops as something like "Turn on with AC Power" or similar.

Can that option be exposed (or tuned on) in the attached BIOS? Please and thank you.


Attached Files
.zip   Q550LFAS215.zip (Size: 2.14 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
@shadetree01010100

Try to use tool to dump bios and attach.

Option "Restore AC Power Loss" is included on this bios ,i thought it is you need.
[Image: xdfVlJUE_o.png]

find
quote
#3
Hello, genius, thank you for the reply. I tried to use your tool, but Windows blocks the download for a virus.

My machine already has this version (215) but I do not see this option anywhere. Is it hidden, or maybe the BIOS version number is wrong?!
Thank you!
find
quote
#4
I confirmed that my machine is running the attached BIOS.

I Downloaded AMIBCP v4.55 (surprisingly hard to find?! https://raw.githubusercontent.com/syscl/...5.0070.exe ) and loaded this BIOS into it. I found the value you pointed out.

Looks like I can simply enable this, save the new BIOS file, and use DOS AFLASH to flash the custom file (Using the Easy Flash utility in BIOS doesn't work because the date/version is unchanged. It seems like it should be trivial to change these values in the custom binary, but I haven't found it yet)

Is there anything I'm missing here? Thanks for the help!
find
quote
#5
You can force easy flash to install an old or equal BIOS version by typing the word "risky" when it says the version is too old. No need for AFLASH+FreeDos, etc.

HOWEVER, it said the BIOS that I saved with AMIBCP was invalid. I only changed the "failsafe" and "optimal" values for "Restore AC Power Loss". Any ideas? UPDATE: google seems to indicate that the ASUS Easy Flash utility in BIOS will only accept RSA-signed BIOS files. So using another flash utility is probably the way to go. I will take a crack at this and reply when I learn something!
find
quote
#6
1. I can't edit without the bios dump.
2. I provided tool no any problems ,online virus scan and Avira are bo any problems scanned.
My script batch file will disable windows uac temporarily , so then you can run batch file to run command to dump bios.

3. If you're worry anythings ,run fpt through command prompt as administrator to dump bios.

find
quote
#7
I found a version of AFUDOS that can read my mobo's flash, but it always returns "3 - Error: ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size."

Can you recommend a method for flashing this custom ROM?
find
quote
#8
I'm sorry I did not see your reply. This machine does not have Windows, Ubuntu Server 20, so I can only use DOS tools on a freeDOS USB stick.

Maybe I'll have better luck with linux tool, fork here for kernel 5 https://github.com/Zibri/afulnx
find
quote
#9
Oh I see, the rar file is Intel FPT?! I read about using that, can you share a download for Linux version? I can get dump for you that way!

You are very helpful, thank you.
find
quote
#10
Only dos version.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17PhkHI9...sp=sharing

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)