Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424473
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224560
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169336
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

Ability to access all settings - CPU, RAM , Video & all the rest.If that is possible?
#1
Star 
Hi Guys,
Rick is the name. I am a newbie on this forum but I am no stranger to them in general. I'm pretty sure this is the right place to post this new thread but if I am wrong, I hope It will be moved and not deleted an I only get told off.Blush
By the way Hi to everybody and I hope somebody can help me out with my problem, which is frustrating.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L650 12Q a PSK1EE model. It has an intel i5 dual core and I just upgraded it to 8 Gig of Ram. I have had it from new (2010) and it has been Ok-ish but never great in terms of speed. It came with 4 GB ram and I hoped I would see a slight improvement in speed but no. It scored 4.7 on the windows performance test but that has dropped to 4.3 for some reason... That is because the lowest sub score is 4.3 (2D graphics performance) I recently installed the latest Tombraider game but it is virtually unplayable because of the stuttering.

I'll get right to the point. The Bios totally sucks, there are only 4 or 5 things you can change and none of them are any real importance apart from toggling between IDE and AHCI. My old desk top has standard phoenix bios and you can change everything - Ram configuration, graphics, CPU Clock and frequency. you name it, it is all there.

I have attached the latest version of the stock bios 2.40 which I didn't bother flashing because when I flashed 2.30 couple of weeks ago, it nearly killed the computer!. Something to do with Windows 8 not liking to run on a bios that it was not installed on. It came with Windows 7 64 Ultimate. I like Windows 8 but I mostly use it with classic shell. Fortunately I have Hiren's utilities boot CD and I ran a professional version of chkdsk that repaired all the file errors. it was pretty messed up I can tell you, and I was very relieved when I managed to boot up to the CD.

Is/are there any geniuses out there that can mod this bios file for me please....? It's going to be a long time before I will be able to afford to buy a new PC. I just built a house, which has drained every last penny out of me and left me in a lot of debt and no income at the moment so bankruptcy is looming Sad
I would like to be able to edit pretty much everything definately overclock the CPU and graphics an hopefully assign some more RAM to it - is that possible? it only has 64Mb of dedicated ram, the rest is shared system memory which i have plenty of. There is no PCI express port, just USB 2.0 and an esata port so an external video card is not an option. I want to be able to get into the video bios too.
I just want to try and get this thing running as fast as it can cope with because game playing is currently my escape from reality at the moment and My XBox died. I repaired it a couple of times but it has had it now.

Sorry to waffle on a bit, I'm just a very talkative person (not annoyingly) and I am hoping somebody can put a smile on my face for a change. If you can mod this bios, I will flash it and most probably have to repair the file system again but this time it will be well worth itSmile

Really, really hope somebody can help me out here Smile



.rar   BB10240.rar (Size: 1.57 MB / Downloads: 6) Bios file attached as a rar file
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)