Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223997
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20231
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6282
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

Abit An52 v1.0 Blueboard
#1
According to abit, since update 16 ( ftp://ftp-usa.abit.com.tw/pub/download/b...701a16.zip ) the board has support for Phenom 1, however there is no specification of what exactly is supported or wattage is supported.

" 1. Update CPU Micro code to support Phenom CPU and Athlon 4X50 series and Sempron X2 CPU. (The S3 return fails when used Phenom CPU, this issue is chipset issue.)
2. BIOS compiled date: 06/30/2008."

Knowing what cpu's this can run and if it can be modified to support the am3 line of chips would be helpful, like for instance a Athlon II x4 620 or Phenom II x4 925.
On another note, the chipset is nforce520. I am unsure of a board with similar bios for the same chipset that can be used as an example medium.

Look forward to your response. Thank you. Big Grin

Update: little bit of research the board can do 125watt.
find
quote
#2
Ok did some more research, so far this is the only board I've found that has a nforce520 that doesn't look to be an LE that says it supports am3 and the Phenom II's.

It's a Biostar NF520D3
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/bios.php?S_ID=462

The an52 is an award bios, and I believe the biostar to be an award bios as well, but cbrom will not open it.
find
quote
#3
The biostar one is actually an AMI bios which is why it wont open in cbrom and theres not enough free space in the abit bios to insert the new AGESA and Microcode modules (even when i remove the splash screen logo!)

Will look for another board

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#4
Ah, wasn't aware that the biostar was ami, should have checked with mmtool, sorry about that.

I do thank you for looking into it though. Big Grin
find
quote
#5
After even more digging, found and confirmed 2 award bios's that support Phenom II and Athlon II chips on the nforce 520.

Biostar NF520 A2G+ Ver. 6.x
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/...p?S_ID=318

and Biostar NF520-A2 TE Ver. 6.x
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/...p?S_ID=359

If what I've been reading is correct, nforce520 would be mcp65? Which should be the same roughly as nforce 560? If so should I be looking for 560 chipset boards as well if these 2 do not work?
find
quote
#6
OK , i will try extracting microcode out of Biostar NF520-A2 TE and inserting it into your Abit board

However , theres still an issue of space , once i update the AGESA module in your bios you only have 0.85kb of free space left and the new microcode file is 8kb bigger than the existing one. Even if i delete the splash screen logo there isnt enough space.

Do you use the LAN / RAID on your board? If you dont use one of these i can delete that rom instead which will give enough space to insert the new Phenom Microcode

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#7
I do use lan, but I do not use the raid on it. So if the raid being removed works, go for it, however I cannot remember if I use ahci.
find
quote
#8
OK try this at your own risk , RAID removed , LAN still present , Updated AGESA and Microcode

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Abit%20AN...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#9
This modified BIOS file does not work. I get completely blank screen upon turning my computer on. So.. my MOBO is fried, I suppose. I will try some of the BIOS recovery options, but I already bought a new board because I thought I made a nice paperweight already. When I do that recovery attempt, I will wr
ite back.
find
quote
#10
attempted recovery, didn't work.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)