Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424153
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3556
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309511
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169145
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
#31
Hello guys! I have a KN9Ultra too.. don't intend to change it, works fine on my pc. Wait to see Tigerfox at work! Is someone who already did that?
find
quote
#32
All greetings! I have the ABIT KN9-S motherboard. On the official site for the ABIT it laid the same BIOS update that for KN9-Ultra / KN9-Sli
Two days ago I flash my motherboard with the firmware from the GIGABYTE GA-M55S-S3 (m55ss32.fji). The motherboard is working and now sees Athlon II 240 ..... but sensors on the motherboard do not work and USB is not working correctly. Other errors in the motherboard I have not noticed. No problem working windows7 and ubuntu 9.10 .... but USB :-( When accessing the webcam, the computer hangs in windows 7 and in Linux. I need full usb support for KN9-S.
I have a few more chips Pm49FL004T and I am ready to experiment with the BIOS.
TheWiz! Help the unfortunate holders ABIT KN9-S/KN9-Ultra/KN9-Sli.
Sorry for my English. I am from Russia.
find
quote
#33
Wow, that are wonderful news. If you can use the firmware from gigabyte so easily, it should be possible to implement the cpu-support into the original bios. auite brave of you to do that. I'm happy to hear that an Athlon II is working!
find
quote
#34
(02-14-2010, 06:47 AM)Tigerfox Wrote: Wow, that are wonderful news. If you can use the firmware from gigabyte so easily, it should be possible to implement the cpu-support into the original bios. auite brave of you to do that. I'm happy to hear that an Athlon II is working!

+1 He is extremely brave , probably only did it cos he had the spare chips floating around! I wouldnt recommend Trying this at home guys , unless you have a pile of bios chips and a programmer knocking around!

Admin
find
quote
#35
Denbabkin, this is great work. I was looking inot this case again, and found a new NCPUCODE.BIN which adds support for even more boards.I will make some new ROMS to mess around with, just make sure you ahve your spare chips!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/K9NCPU.BIN
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/K9NCPU2.BIN

Ccongrats.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#36
Hello TheWiz! Just poured your firmware to the BIOS chip, extracted from the defective motherboards. Changes and differences from the original with the official site is not much. It seems to add an item Cpu Features subparagraph Virtualization in firmware k9ncpu.bin. As I recall, in his native KN9-S / KN9-Ultra / Kn9-Sli firmware such an item was not. While I may be mistaken. Athlon II with firmware k9ncpu.bin not started. Firmware k9ncpu.bin works fine, except for support AM3 processors.
Now about firmware k9ncpu2.bin. Visible differences between it and the native firmware for Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3 I have not discovered. In still determined Athlon II 240. But USB Webcam still hangs the system, not loading from USB-CDROM, not working sensors on the motherboard.
TheWiz! How about removing stupid ABIT splash from the BIOS? It only takes place, and absolutely useless.
find
quote
#37
So while K9NCPU.bin doesn't support AM3 CPUs, K9NCPU2.bin has the same probleams like the Gigabyte BIOS?
find
quote
#38
Exactly Sad
find
quote
#39
OK, here's the deal. The K9N board does not have the neccesary file MEMINIT.BIN to support AM3, while the Gigabyte one does. Tthere is no way to import MEMINIT as it is hardcoded in a special way. I guess my next move is to add in the Power tables.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#40
Oh well, that doesn't sound good. With adding in the powertables you mean you will try to use the Gigabyte BIOS as a basis and try to get the usb ports an sensors working? That doesn't leave much hope. But thanks for still trying!

EDIT: I'm sure it's a silly questiosn, but you do have AMD's BIOS Developers guide, don't you?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)