Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 81
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317129
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101067
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55314
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64132
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52216
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167210
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 140

Acer Aspire 4252 { Unlocked BIOS in post #33 }
(09-11-2014, 12:12 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

Never mind... I think I found the issue.

There is a "Windows 98 Startup Disk" directory under the first "Windows 98 Startup Disk" directory. You need to point it to the deeper startup directory in order for it to work. Otherwise, it will tell you that it cannot find the DOS system files.

Already did that.
The software doesn't give me errors by the way
find
Thats what I got:
-I should have ignored the fact that I couldn't saw the "3 files", was just copy the files in and done!
-The method you recommended doesn't worked, when I input "phlash bios.bin" or "phlash bios.wph" it gives me this error : "Bad command or file name".
-This method worked : https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS

OK. (In the BIOS) The problem is that there is no "Advanced" tab, the main tab gives only information (tabs swapped?), the interesting options aren't there.
I can't take a picture right now but I'll write what I have on bios now (same way and order they appear here):

Quote:"Information" tab

System Time:
System Date:

Primary Display
USB Host Controller:
USB BIOS Legacy Support:
HT Link Width Control
GFxNBPstateDis Support
TOTime Override
SMART Monitoring:
ACPT SRAT Table
SW Mem Hole Remap:
Quiet Boot:
F12 Boot Menu:
D2D Recovery:
SATA Class ID

"Main" tab

Product Name:
Manufacturer Name:
Serial Number:
UUID:
AGESA Version:
NB CIM Version:
SB CIM Version:
ATAPI Model Name:
Asset Tag Number:

System BIOS Version:
BIOS Date (mm/dd/yy):
VBIOS Version:
VGA BIOS Version:

CPU Type:
CPU Speed:

Total Memory:
Video Memory:
System Memory
Extended Memory
Shadow Ram
Cache Ram
System ROM

IDE0 Model Name:
IDE0 Serial Number:
IDE1 Model Name:
IDE1 Serial Number:
Hard Disk 4
Hard Disk 5
Hard Disk 6
Hard Disk 7

Display Type
LPT Ports
COM Ports

Fin. Hope you can figure out what is happening. Thanks for what you have done so far!
find
Hello Knightmare,

Thank you for the text pictures.

The issue with the tabs being swapped can easily be fixed.

Was the Advanced Menu visible before? If not, then there is a function hiding it. I can disable this function.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-11-2014, 08:04 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

Thank you for the text pictures.

The issue with the tabs being swapped can easily be fixed.

Was the Advanced Menu visible before? If not, then there is a function hiding it. I can disable this function.

The "advanced" tab never appeared
find
Hello Knightmare,

There is a mod that I can perform that can unhide the Menu. There is a tiny chance that it will instead have the effect of freezing the BIOS when you attempt the enter the Advanced Menu (this occurred one time when I was unhiding a setting that the computer did not support hardware-wise -- your computer will support the Advanced Menu regardless of hardware). I very highly doubt that this will happen, but if it does, you can simply flash the other modified BIOS (it won't brick the BIOS).

I will perform the mod. It only takes ~3 bits (technically one byte as that is the smallest unit you can edit).

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-11-2014, 05:00 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

There is a mod that I can perform that can unhide the Menu. There is a tiny chance that it will instead have the effect of freezing the BIOS when you attempt the enter the Advanced Menu (this occurred one time when I was unhiding a setting that the computer did not support hardware-wise -- your computer will support the Advanced Menu regardless of hardware). I very highly doubt that this will happen, but if it does, you can simply flash the other modified BIOS (it won't brick the BIOS).

I will perform the mod. It only takes ~3 bits (technically one byte as that is the smallest unit you can edit).

Oh, Thank you!
One question: does the fact that this tab will be unlocked imply that software can have acess to options that were unsupported before ? (like fan control, etc)
find
No.

www find
(09-11-2014, 05:21 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: No.

Everywhere I read a complaint that someone can't do "something" with software, there is someone who replies that the bios just doesn't allow, so looks like it is not as simple as it looks.
(in other words, I thought the only barrier between software suport and hardware was its options in the bios), sorry for my ignorance
find
Hello Knightmare,

I have completed the second mod. The Advanced Menu should now be visible. Only one single byte was modified to make this change.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of your BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 3f4cffa34c4610847ff99707faac33d2
SHA-1: a6678967d8c8496ebdc6178d65ba8c50c4b4e5d4

Attached Files
.rar   zQA_109[MODv2].rar (Size: 736.24 KB / Downloads: 3)

www find
(09-11-2014, 10:11 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

I have completed the second mod. The Advanced Menu should now be visible. Only one single byte was modified to make this change.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of your BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 3f4cffa34c4610847ff99707faac33d2
SHA-1: a6678967d8c8496ebdc6178d65ba8c50c4b4e5d4

The tabs are still swapped like I said before (main and information)

But I have the advanced tab now! There is some options missing (not supported?) but since there are still some interesting ones I really don't mind so much.

I still can't take pictures so I will tell some options that are missing (just for feedback purpose, I don't really need those) according to the 3 images on the first page of this thread:

Second Image:
SB800 EC options
SB Hardware Monitor

Third Image:
GFX Clock Speed
And a bunch of "Lanes conector type"

Would be great if you could just fix the swapped tabs
That's it. Thank you so much!
find