Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6438
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14069
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424633
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3669
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 340
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 362
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225110
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119235
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6832
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 456
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309899
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62024
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 675
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20335
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169490
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6417
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 879

Acer Aspire 5733Z issues with Win 10 Pro
#1
This laptop shipped with Windows 7 Home. Installing OEM Windows 7 x64 Pro or Ultimate goes fine and self activates. I use gatherosstate.exe to get the genuineticket.xml file. Tried both a clean install of 10 Pro x64 and an upgrade in place from 7. I put the XML file in the right spot and reboot.

Windows 10 claims it cannot activate, no product key found. "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To Activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home". How it gets that when the XML file was generated on 7 Pro...

When I did the clean install of 10 Pro it acted as though it had self activated. I was able to change things in Personalize. Then I let it touch the web. That's when it popped up as not activated.

Is this something new with build 1909? I've never ever had this fail to work putting 10 Pro onto any PC that originally shipped with *any* version of Win 7.

AcpiTbls.rw from the laptop attached. Hopefully someone can tweak this thing to understand it should have 10 Pro.

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...ER&SC=PA_6

Leaving off everything after the file name causes a 404. If that doesn't work here's the download page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su...t/3680?b=1

If I have to first install an older version of 10 then upgrade, I can do that. I already do that using 1607 for older laptops that need drivers with deprecated signing methods. Worst case I'll just put 10 Home on it. :P

Already put an i5 CPU in it and replaced the defective 5400 RPM 500 gig aith a 7200 RPM 500 gig.

Edit: I have run into a similar bogus not activated (but not bogus incorrect version!) issue on a complete new build desktop with a retail boxed copy of 10 Pro. What fixed it was letting it get all updated with Windows Update. I'm currently having the laptop do that. Fingers crossed that it fixes itself. Bloody stupid of Microsoft to have this problem in the first place, and even worse that they haven't fixed it in the 1909 build.

Edit 2: Nope. Getting it all updated didn't fix it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)