Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424128
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223726
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309493
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169138
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274945

Acer Aspire 5750: Update Microcode
#1
I am a PC specialist and have what should be a relatively minor request regarding this already unlocked bios http://rghost.net/56989240 for the HM67 chipset. This is an insyde bios. The laptop will not boot with an Intel i3-3110M SR0N1 2.4GHz Socket G2 3MB cpu giving only a blank screen which flickers for a moment then halts. This is almost certainly entirely due to the fact the microcode for it is not present. I know with a fair degree of certainty this processor should indeed work just fine in this board and my colleagues agree. I'd be most grateful if someone could do this for me. I would attempt to do so myself but have no direct experience with this particular issue. I would much rather pop in my verified perfectly functional cpu than buy yet another 700$+ laptop for no reason.

I don't know if its helpful or relevant but these laptops are known to have a wireless WiFi whitelist that has proven to be a pain for others wanting to swap wireless chips. That was of course easily overcome. I doubt there would be a whitelist for cpus but who really knows what manufacturers are doing? Thank you for your attention.
find
quote
#2
HM65 and HM67 are not compatible with ivy bridge cpus.
find
quote
#3
Regardless I would still like to have the microcode present in the bios. I have other reasons.
find
quote
#4
I have a question if anyone might know the actual answer. The cpu I have is electrically compatible and multiple people I know in the industry have told me including an intel engineer that the official list is not complete so I am wondering why exactly it would not work. This cpu is effectively a die shrink of the one already in this laptop and I am getting no adequate explanation?
find
quote
#5
Ive wanted to try a cpu upgrade on a laptop a few times now and always wondered if it was possible as you see so many of the same model with a handful of different but similar spec cpus.

Is it possible to pull up a list of compatible cpus from the bios?

Latest bios of the laptop (acer aspire 5750z) im currently looking at upgrading attached.

Many thanks for looking.


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.21_A_A.zip (Size: 5.38 MB / Downloads: 14)
find
quote
#6
I've analyzed your BIOS for microcodes:
Code:
Offset   Size Version Date       CPUID
0x351000 2400 025     10/11/2011 0206A7 (Sandy Bridge)
0x353400 2400 028     09/15/2010 0206A6 (Sandy Bridge ES)
0x355800 1C00 007     07/22/2010 0206A5 (Sandy Bridge ES)
0x357400 2400 008     05/26/2010 0206A3 (Sandy Bridge ES)
Almost all CPU's for Socket G2 with Sandy Bridge core are supported.
find
quote
#7
Thanks very much Deathbringer Smile
find
quote
#8
Good day everyone. It would be an option to add 3rd generation CPU microcodes to work in the Aspire 5750G and others.
Add to :  https://p5we0x64.zip  or Download v1.21-Uefi-advanced-hakintosh
PLEASE ! !
Excuse my English, I'm Czech.
find
quote
#9
Adding microcode will not add support for new CPU.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)