Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424443
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224492
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309716
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20277
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169307
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6345
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Acer Aspire 7530G unlock request
#1
Hi, the Acer Aspire 7530G has Hybrid SLI and no option to disable onboard graphics from the BIOS which means that new Nvidia drivers, which no longer support Hybrid SLI on this device, install then fail to operate, which is annoying.

Is it possible to disable onboard gfx in this bios?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_7

Many thanks!
find
quote
#2
I've raised an Acer support ticket thing for this issue also.
find
quote
#3
Copy of tech support email:

Customer By Web Form (... My Name...) - 19/01/2012 12.15 PM
Can we have a BIOS update for this device that will allow us to disable the integrated graphics chip please? This would allow us to follow the Nvidia driver auto-update as doing so presently results in a non accelerated graphics scenario.

I mean to say that nvidia auto-update will install drivers that don't work on this laptop as they no longer support hybrid sli on this device. I understand that the drivers would work with either the discrete graphics card or the integrated graphics if we could select between the two in bios.

If there is a jumper on the motherboard then I would be grateful if you could direct me to that. The laptop is running hot and I suspect I need to open it up to pull fluff out of the fans anyway.

-= The Reply =-

We understand your concern and regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform, the issue expressed is not under our purview as we are not trained on the same, it is very unfortunate to inform that we do not have any information. Request you to please contact local technician for better results.

According to our records the unit is out of warranty. If you feel that your product is in warranty, we would be grateful if you could forward a photocopy of VAT receipt/invoice. We can accept a scanned copy in the following formats, PDF, JPG, JPEG or TIF, with a size of 1 MB or less. Please ensure that the purchase date, model number and VAT number are mentioned on the proof of purchase.

For further assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail or contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Eire).

Regards,

How long is a warranty supposed to last? I bought this thing three years ago maybe.

"it is very unfortunate to inform that we do not have any information." lol

B.
find
quote
#4
http://www.manualowl.com/m/Acer%20Comput...ual/114543
I can't see any relevant jumpers listed, however the manual lists a "bridge" rather than a jumper for resetting the bios, maybe it has one for the onboard gfx.

I tried disabling the driver for the GeForce 9100M (IGP) then reinstalling the nvidia stuff hoping that the 9300M would suddenly become available but no such luck.
find
quote
#5
Page 32 and 33 of that manual describe an "iGPU - Chipset menu" in the BIOS which isn't available in the shipped BIOS which has things such as "integrated graphic", "hybrid graphics" and "mGPU nPW" Whatever they may be. There are many options described in the service manual that are not in the shipped bios.

Does anyone know how to extract a bios file from that exe that I linked to on the Acer page? I tried 7zip but it complained of errors.
find
quote
#6
Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#7
I have found some hidden graphic options and will unlock it in 2 days Smile


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#8
(01-27-2012, 10:46 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: I have found some hidden graphic options and will unlock it in 2 days Smile

That's amazing, I don't even know what skills you need to have to do that job. Do you drop the exe into OllyDbg or something? I tried that here and it crashed @ one of the windows dlls, I guess because I'm running 64bit windows. Not that I would have understood any of OllyDbg's output anyway. Anyway, however you do it, Kudos to you Sir and many thanks also.

Andy.
find
quote
#9
Here is your unlocked BIOS , it has far more options than you expect Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/?by7acg31p81sqkq

try it and i`m waiting your reply .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#10
(02-04-2012, 05:20 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Here is your unlocked BIOS , it has far more options than you expect Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/?by7acg31p81sqkq

try it and i`m waiting your reply .

I tried it and got a pop up windows saying "phlashnt.sys has been blocked from loading"

It suggested checking that I'm logged in as an administrator, which I am.

If it is because I'm on x64 I have a bootable dos usb stick. Can I just use any version of phlash16.exe with that?

Thanks!

Andy.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)