Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424388
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3609
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 272
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224401
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6779
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309686
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61956
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20269
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169255
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6339
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 818
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61190

Acer Aspire E1-521 black screen after BIOS changes
#1
Hello, I've just registered  to ask someone's help, after I've digged everywhere to find a solution.
I've changed some boot options on my notebook while I was reinstalling windows. I've switched from UEFI to legacy BIOS a few times and last time I saved and closed the notebook stopped booting. It powers on, cd reader tries to read whatever I put inside, but there it stucks.
I tried the fn+esc trick several times with two bios versions downloaded from https://www.acer.com/ac/it/IT/content/su...t/4277?b=1
the 1.12, properly extracted, comes with a .ROM and a .FD files. The 2.12 contains just a isflash.bin file (no .rom or .fd files)
I tried putting the whole folder content on a usb FAT32 formatted pen, changing the name of the .fd or .bin file to bios.fd or BIOS.fd, as I found out using UEFItool. I've just changed the extension of the .bin file to .fd, as I found no way to convert it.

Any other ideas?
find
quote
#2
Ok, I've managed to flash the 1.12 version of the BIOS, but now I need to update it back to 2.12, which was the one it used to have originally. I created a bootable usb drive using rufus, I copied the files extracted from the executable and I booted from it, entering DOS. How can I flash the BIOS if I don't have a .bat and .fd file to load?
find
quote
#3
You can try with these files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...QwOFE/view
Copy the files from the archive to the usb-stick.
Then, when you have booted DOS, execute the InsydeFlash.exe file.

The modification of the files (to disable the upgrade check) was done according to these instructions:
http://catchtito.blogspot.com/2013/05/ho...-bios.html
find
quote
#4
That's the problem. I get "Bad command or filename".
I'm typing C:\InsideFlash.exe, I put all the files in the root directory. I'm able to go to subfolders, but I can't run the .exe
find
quote
#5
Leave out the "C:\" at the beginning, just type "InsydeFlash.exe".

Edit: The filename might have been shortened by DOS, use the "dir"-command to list all the files in the folder.
The Flasher might have a name like this: "insydefl~.exe". In that case, use that name to execute the flasher.
find
quote
#6
(05-09-2017, 09:50 AM)mclarke2355 Wrote: Leave out the "C:\" at the beginning, just type "InsydeFlash.exe".

Edit: The filename might have been shortened by DOS, use the "dir"-command to list all the files in the folder.
The Flasher might have a name like this: "insydefl~.exe". In that case, use that name to execute the flasher.

I get "This program cannot be executed in DOS mod. I tried to launch it in Hiren's mini XP, but nothing happens. If I launch the executable file I got from acer I get the wrong version error, but at least it starts.
Is it normal having a platform file and another one called platforms?
find
quote
#7
Which file from Acer do you mean? The Q5WT6212.exe or the InsydeFlash.exe?
Due to the compression used I cannot directly edit the Q5WT6212.exe file.
You can try the recovery flash with this BIOS with slightly changed header: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...xUaDg/view

Normally there's only a platform file, the platforms file might be an older version of the configuration that was left there, but it doesn't matter.
find
quote
#8
The Q5WT6212.exe file, which launches the bios update. If I launch InsydeFlash.exe directly nothing happens.
What do you mean for recovery flash?
find
quote
#9
I tried flashing the BIOS.fd file you linked me using the fn+esc procedure, but I've gone back to black screen. It ended the flash, with a beep, rebooted, but still black screen. I'm trying to reflash the 1.12 version, which worked, but nothing happens. Just the fans going to full speed.
find
quote
#10
The image I gave you was the stock 2.12 BIOS with just the version check disabled in the header.
The BIOS image itself was completely unchanged.

I've prepared three images that you can try to flash using the fn+esc procedure:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...NTQms/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...1PNWs/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...M2QXc/view
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)