Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Acer Aspire E380 R01-B4
#1
EDIT: Thread closed. Latest available modded BIOS can be found and installed here:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ac...ng-Options


Hello I am trying to learn how to over clock before I get my new board and CPU. (A Phenom II 550 3.1 and BIOSTAR TA790GX XE) But I game and want to squeeze as much out of my budget pc as I can. Right now I have an Acer E380 with a AMD 4800+ 2.5

Board: Acer EM61SM/EM61PM (think it is a foxconn according to google research)

Think this is the bios I want:
http://rapidshare.com/files/223413187/Ac...ith_OC.BIN

Cant find link for for original bios RO1-B4, but acer has the r1-co bios linked for my system there.

So is that link a go for me? Does it mater if it is based off my old one or the new one they have linked? Sorry I am new to this and trying to teach myself. Great site I have looked at a few and decided to ask for help here. Read a lot of posts great work and thank you
#2
Also another question I just found a post in tomshardware with a modded bios from 1234s282 http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/ [...] edBios.zip Now in there theres a launcher and no read me. I have been reading about updating a bios. Some say floppys(i dont have or a flash drive), was learning about making a CD. If I made the cd I would just put that bin in there? Or should I use the launcher?
#3
Here you are , ive made you a custom bootable cd image Big Grin

(Link Removed) New Retail BIOS available in unloced section of site.

Burn this image to a cd , boot from it and type the following:-

awdflash.exe bios.bin /py /sy /cc
(Spaces Are Important)

Flash this modded bios at your own risk , as bios flashing is a very serious and risky process

Let me know how it goes, and if something bad does happen , i can assit with bios recovery Smile

Kind Regards

1234s282

PS: The link on tomshardware that you found is invalid now , always post on this site and use links found here Big Grin
find
#4
OK thanks a lot will get this done tomorrow and thanks a million
#5
thats ok Smile

If possible , please post some screenshots of the extra options to encourage other users to download it (Proof!)
find
#6
Let me charge my camera. It is the least I can do for your work.
OK question when I get into the utility to flash it asks me to:
Save current bios as

What should I save it as, R1-B4? Wanted to check before I messed it up
#7
OK got another question, in my current bios there is a setting from dram. I have it set to non os, it says to run it as os/2 if operation system is greater than 64mb of ram on system. Does it mean cash? because I have x2 64 I thought. Any ideas?
#8
Hmmm im not sure , id load the default bios settings and see whether its on or off lol Tongue
find
#9
OK I still cant flash the bios provided. I get to this screen and not matter what I put in it kicks me out because it cant find source. Sorry for the quality

[Image: 100_1510.jpg]

what do I save it as?
Sorry to take up so much of your time. I have other pics of my bios screens too to post a before and now
As I said no matter what I put in I get a message in the box saying:
source file not found
#10
OK let me recap:

I make that link into a CD text with NIT

I changed bios settings for cd boot, bootblock disabled.

When I used a: No matter what I put in as program to be saved or old programed to be saved named as, I got an error message that it could not find source.

When I started up from boot I got a message saying all BIOS utilities were found in drive R

So I tried all that from drive R, but I got a message saying:
Disk write protect


I have seen with other acer they have flashed their bios some how but with no clues on how they did it. I know from one thing I found acer says to do this to flash the bios:
Windows mode BIOS update procedure.
1. Please download the file AST180-R1B1.ZIP.
2. Unzip it to a folder.
3. Unzip the files WinFlash2.zip and R01-B1.zip to a folder.
4. Execute the file WinFlash.exe (see note) and follow instructions contained in the help file to update the BIOS.

NOTE. If the computer is running Windows Vista OS......
1) RIGHT CLICK on the file WinFlash.exe
2) then select "RUN AS ADMINSTATOR".
Otherwise you will get the message "Onboard BIOS not Award BIOS"

SO is there a way to get that download into a flash? I am sorry if I am being a pain but I have spent 1 year looking for a modded bios and it stinks to so close. If I could just get my CPU up a little I think I could OC my memory and wouldnt need a new system. Sorry if I posted a lot but I am very interested in getting this to work.

Thank you


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)