Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424467
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309728
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169326
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

Acer Aspire M1100-B1300A [Shutdown during BIOS Flash]
#1
Rainbow 
Hey guys, I'm Menace and this is an odd introduction, but let me just say that I'm an impatient fool that rushed into things thinking I'd wing it and jumped the gun under the guise of a bunch of assumptions to justify shutting it down during the flash.

The attachment below is what I was using, and the flash was interrupted because I flipped the switch on the PSU; now, before you call me out on my stupidity, let me just tell you that it appeared to not be having any success at writing to the BIOS because each block it supposedly tried to write to failed, so I assumed the data would have been preserved as is, but when I booted the rig back up, it would be one, then another beep that was like two rapid beeps with a strangler of a beep, and the moments later it'd beep like it was a computer developed epilepsy (Some kind of loop?).

It appears to display different behavior with a USB stick with binary files on it, but keep in mind, I haven't tested it that would still be the case with a USB stick with nothing on it; my theory is that it's seeking a binary, rom, or another file that would be suitable for writing to the BIOS.

Nothing displays on the screen, and there doesn't even seem to be an attempt for it to display video.

I need to get this working, and I'm well aware that I'd need a floppy drive (can't get one atm, or a floppy disk for that matter), and I already have prepped the files and got my good ol' trusty Rufus that I use for other things to set up FreeDOS before I copy the files from the second attachment (The third attachment is from Acer's FTP server for this desktop model.)

I'm hoping that there's a method to recover the BIOS from some type of onboard backup (BIOS back chip?), or through some recovery method via USB or using an optical drive (not floppy, please not floppy.)

My other option is to purchase a new chip that's programmed already (BIOS Chip), but I'm broke af and my health is questionable in the least and I was going to get this running as a rig to play some low end games on with a GTX 285, and for my grandmother to use to pass some time and just have a hobby in general.

The other option is find someone local that'll let me use a rig to hot flash the BIOS, which is doubtful and unlikely to happen, so that's already ruled out.

The last option on my mind unless I remember something else (I'll edit it in for [censored] and giggles) is buy a programmer and reprogram it myself, but that'd be more expensive than the chip.

There aren't any local computer repair places that are local and within reasonable range for me to get to as I don't even have transportation because my life is in shambles, so that ain't an option either.

I'm trying to do some basic easy af tech repair work and phone repair + rooting services to make some money, but I've had no luck in making a profit, so I can't even come up with the money to do anything, and I can't work because of my mental health will cause me to hallucinate under an environment where I'm stuck being around people and it freaks me out so bad that my anxiety disorder manifests in that manner (it's a real thing, unfortunately, and that combined with Major Depression and PTSD is [censored], because I'll hear people talking about Ship that they have no way of know and it'll seem as real as me typing this out.)

Anyways, yes, I'm an idiot, and I need your guys help to get this working, because I'm pretty sure it can be repaired; I apologize for the TMI about me, but I'm an open-book in general.

Sincerely/Apologetically, MenaceSx7 Heart Heart Heart


Attached Files
.zip   Acer Aspire AM1100-B1300A.zip (Size: 372.96 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   Acer Aspire M1100-B1300A [02].zip (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   R01-A1 XP VISTA.zip (Size: 372.17 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)