Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223996
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6749
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

Acer Power 1000 CPU support
#1
Question 
Hello,
actually I want to upgrade my Acer Power 1000 with a better CPU,
mostlikely something like a dualcore.
What would the biggest cpu fitting to the board or
could a modded bios give me even am2+ support?

For now I'm using the orignal bios from 03/20/2007(R03-A1),
but I'm looking forward to use the one from this post or R02.B0 which would be the latest Acer release.
I didn't update the BIOS for now, since I couldn't find which changes where made for original Acer BIOS.

Greeting from Germany
find
quote
#2
Well i took a look at the current microcode that was loaded and the AGESA rom version.

I can update these to add experimental support for AM2+ or AM3 processors like Phenom and Phenom II but theres no guarantee that they will work

It would be best if you could borrow a dualcore / phenom / phenom II CPU to try in your board after you flash the modded bios

Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20Po...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
for now I'm planning to buy a cpu next week
since no1 wants to lend me a cpu
they are all abou"what if..." ([censored] junkies)

actually my main-pc is bitching
my mobo seems to be
"now hanging out with tupac and mr pete steele"
so first I need to solve that problem
befor I can work an the acer again

thx in advance
find
quote
#4
Hey guys,

1234s282 what was the current AGESA version?? What size was the old NCPUCODE and which AGESA did you replace it from (what manufacturer/board)

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
(11-30-2010, 09:03 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey guys,

1234s282 what was the current AGESA version?? What size was the old NCPUCODE and which AGESA did you replace it from (what manufacturer/board)

Thanks,
TheWiz

older 2.x version with no version in the header if i remember correctly , 8kb NCPUCODE --> 30kb

Dont quote me , il check later
find
quote
#6
hi 1234s282

I am upgrading the processor to an am3 one and tried to flash the updated version of your Acer power 1000 unlocked BIOS, but it says it is the incorrect BIOS file.

the original unlocked version loads and flashed on to the BIOS just fine but the computer won't start with the new processor. it's an x2 250.
find
quote
#7
Hi ppclaudio,

Please do not try to flash the CPU upgrade if the file is saying it is incorrect. I will review the mod needed to see if I can remod it.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#8
(02-01-2011, 09:14 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi ppclaudio,

Please do not try to flash the CPU upgrade if the file is saying it is incorrect. I will review the mod needed to see if I can remod it.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Has there been any update to this. I almost made another post for this model since there are posts but under different names such as L100. I'm trying to add a phenom to mine.

I had the same problem as the OP trying to flash with Winflash, but I used the awdflash provided on this site to force it from DOS but I did not get the additional cpu support. I know for sure that this one(http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ac...100-R02-B0) flashed with winflash with no problems, but still no additional CPU update.

Hopefully the attached file can help. If not I'll look around some more.

Thanks in advance.


Attached Files
.zip   M4A785-M-ASUS-1006.zip (Size: 748.03 KB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#9
I've tried twice to mod this bios myself and have failed and ended with a brick both times. I was able to recover the chip on another machine though.

1st time I updated AGESACPU.BIN, cant remember the version and the other file I tried to update with CBROM195

The second time I updated AGESACPU.BIN to v3.7.1.0 provided in the ftp resources on this site. I used awdbedit for this one.

Think its not possible to add phenom support or did I do something wrong? I tried following some of the tutorials from the tutorials board.
find
quote
#10
Hmmm, sometimes it isn't always just the AGESA ROM. Did you try updating the AGESA from the ASUS board I assume has a similar chipset (normally helps make it successful)

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)