Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424138
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3555
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223761
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 352
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309505
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169143
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61108
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-51 Unlock Request
#11
(01-12-2018, 07:09 PM)adamo000 Wrote: A looot of many thinks there. Acer suported RealSense camera? 
What did you changed after bios hack and what did you obtain with this modification?

I'm not sure if the camera in the laptop is supported by RealSense, but I imagine if you swap it out with a compatible one and flip that setting, it should work.

I changed a few things, but most notable:
  • Disabled HDCP (I don't play protected video)
  • Disabled The option to disable PAVP (Protected Audio Video Path; I don't play protected audio or video but on Windows this option needs to stay enabled or else the Intel GPU driver doesn't work strangely; Linux also needs it for GuC firmware loading)
  • Disabled Legacy USB (faster boot, and fixes a weird issue where the laptop may freeze at POST with a certain Corsair mouse plugged in)
  • Disabled Hyper-threading (tiny bit improved single-threaded performance)
  • Disabled Intel Management Engine (after I received the modded BIOS I ran it through me_cleaner with --soft-disable-only; better security and no worry about current and future ME vulnerabilities)
  • Disabled various locks (CPU registers, flash read/write, stuff that might be useful if I ever had to recover the BIOS in the future or mess with power saving)
  • Disabled Intel SST (if the Audio DSP is disabled, it switches the audio subsystem from Intel SST to generic Realtek; drivers in Windows for generic Realtek are a bit easier to maintain and I don't notice any real difference)

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#12
Hello! I'm very excited to have found this site.

I am looking for an unlocked BIOS for a new laptop: 

Acer Predator Helios 300

Model: PH317-51-787B

Current Bios is version 1.13, found here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su....Q29AA.004 

***(You have to click on BIOS/Firmware menu, and version 1.13 is at the top).

JPEG's of current BIOS menu attached (had to combine last two menu shots due to the 5 attachment limit:

   
   
   
   
   

Any help you can give me would be highly appreciated (fingers crossed!) and keep up the awesome work!
find
quote
#13
(03-10-2018, 12:55 AM)gpurington Wrote: Hello! I'm very excited to have found this site.

I am looking for an unlocked BIOS for a new laptop: 

Acer Predator Helios 300

Model: PH317-51-787B

Current Bios is version 1.13, found here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su....Q29AA.004 

***(You have to click on BIOS/Firmware menu, and version 1.13 is at the top).

JPEG's of current BIOS menu attached (had to combine last two menu shots due to the 5 attachment limit:


Any help you can give me would be highly appreciated (fingers crossed!) and keep up the awesome work!
Hi
1. ALL mods is personal
2. Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#14
Hey all, looking to getting the hidden menus to unlock on my bios file. Will donate with successful mod! Flashing with a hardware flasher.

Here is my bios file: https://mega.nz/#!68EXSAKD!-AFARsB88WQab...fWUGnhr5Fw
find
quote
#15
(05-03-2018, 10:47 PM)mulzoffh Wrote: Hey all, looking to getting the hidden menus to unlock on my bios file. Will donate with successful mod! Flashing with a hardware flasher.
Hi
Firsrt use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make bios dump
find
quote
#16
Hello. Could I please get an unlocked version of my PH317-51-787b bios. Acer Predator Helios 300. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nlrzqi...LZDbnyQD_8 This is the newest version 1.21 on Acer's website. Thank you
find
quote
#17
(01-04-2019, 03:13 PM)SystemDave Wrote: Hello. Could I please get an unlocked version of my PH317-51-787b bios. Acer Predator Helios 300. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nlrzqi...LZDbnyQD_8 This is the newest version 1.21 on Acer's website. Thank you
Hi
ALL mods is personal
Need your bios dump

P.S. Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#18
how much is a similar mod?
find
quote
#19
(05-14-2019, 04:07 AM)krrota Wrote: how much is a similar mod?
Hi
you need to buy a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
find
quote
#20
(05-14-2019, 04:42 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 04:07 AM)krrota Wrote: how much is a similar mod?
Hi
you need to buy a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
Hi.
I have. 
I rather need to understand exactly how to disable the lock. I reversed the fe35 module .. but did not understand what to replace in order to display the full menu. But I am ready to buy firmware
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)