Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14352
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425626
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227530
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310581
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Add Broadwell support to Fujitsu D3348B1X
#1
I bought a Fujitsu D3348-B1X thinking that it will support my V4 Xeon but now it's clear it only officially supports V3 Haswell. 

 Fujitsu released a newer board D3348-B2X which is very similar but has some differences ( the mention the TPM for instance ). 

 I'd like to add support for Broadwell to my D3348-B1X as I think the harware is perfectly capable ( has Intel C612 ). 
 I understand that just adding Broadwell microcodes to it might not be enough ( I'm curious what else is needed ) .
 One option would be to use some tools and mod the D3348-B2X BIOS ( seems like AMI BIOS so MMTOOL or UBU ? ).

 I'd appreciate any ideas on how to proceed. I'm willing to do the work myself but I could use some pointers.

 Attaching latest B1x and B2x BIOS files.


Attached Files
.zip   D3348-B2.ROM.zip (Size: 3.89 MB / Downloads: 2)
.zip   D3348-B1.ROM.zip (Size: 3.54 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
Just flash D3348-B2.ROM by a hardware programmer.
find
quote
#3
(03-18-2024, 02:23 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Just flash D3348-B2.ROM by a hardware programmer.

 Thanks. I was thinking to do just this but I'm afraid of the differences that might exist in the hardware. No sure what they changed and I'd like to take a peek first if possible. 
  I would also like to do it via software so maybe I'll just try and reverse engineer this Fujitsu flash tool, should be fun. I'm more of a software guy.

 Still if you could shortly say, I've been searching all over but haven't been able to find out. What are the changes made to the BIOS to add support for Broadwell. Microcode is obviously one thing but what else ?
find
quote
#4
There is no way to add support of Broadwell to this BIOS.
find
quote
#5
(03-18-2024, 03:38 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: There is no way to add support of Broadwell to this BIOS.

 OK, thanks. I'm not reverse engineering the Fujitsu Windows flashing utility with IDA Pro , quite interesting. 

 Still not sure how to check the BIOS content and compare them ... I'm guessing MMTool should show some things.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)