Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Add sl8ma support to a DH800
#1
Could you please help me ,

i have an Iwill DH800 old motherboard (82875p chipset, 604 socket , dual single core xeon support) and i want to add support for sl8ma dual core xeon.

the following link has 3 bios files,

http://rapidshare.com/files/446428786/bios.zip

* the dh80v140.rom my original Iwill DH800's bios (ami bios i think)
* the sjr2a087.rom from Intel Server Board SE7520JR2, that bios supports sl8ma (ami bios i think)
* and the 6DA88167.ROM from Supermicro X6DAi-G2 , that bios supports sl8ma (phoenix bios i think)

i think the cpuid for sl8ma is 0F48h.

I put both sl8ma to my DH800 but bios says physical count : 1, only 1 cpu detected and windows 7 detects also 1 cpu/2 cores/4 threads.

Is it possile to add cpu support to my old server ?

Thanks you in advance,

mspant
find
quote
#2
Taking a look, will report back soon.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
(02-08-2011, 08:20 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Taking a look, will report back soon.

TheWiz

Thanks you for your support Smile

mspant
find
quote
#4
Hi mspant,

I have updated your BIOS ROM for you. Please make sure the CPU that you want to be fixed with the microcode is already installed as I removed all of the old 2003/2004 microcodes and inserted 2005 microcodes from the other AMI donor.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/dh80v140cpu.rom

Please report back your testing.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
TheWiz

when i tried to flash with amiflash i got :

"error 6 bios file not of proper size"

any suggestions ?

Thanks you again for helping me

mspant
find
quote
#6
To be honest I am not sure. Did you test to make sure the amiflash didn't give you the same error with the original BIOS? Have you tried AFUDOS. I'll double check to make sure there isn't some fatal issue but 512KB should be correct.
www find
quote
#7
Hello there,

i tried with my original bios file and i had no problem at all.

Thanks you,

mspant
find
quote
#8
Hello everyone and wonderful greetz from Germany

I have a Supermicro X6DHE-G and I have the same problem like others in this forum. I installed the SL8MA, too. First I put one CPU in the socket and yes, it's fully supported. 2Cores 4 Threads. After I put in the second CPU there were no changes. Only 2 Cores 4 Threads. I think there must be a way to add the second CPU. Could it be that all boards what doesn't support SL8MA only have DDR1 Ram and the next Gen have DDR2? I think there are more differences as only the Bios...
I hope you can understand me...
Sebastian
find
quote
#9
Shocked 
It is a wonder that your board can even start up with one dual-core CPU. The X6DHE-G and the DH800 boards were designed to handle two single-core Xeons (e. g. my Asus NCCH-DL cannot even start with a dual-core Xeon, like the Paxville).

However, there were some mainstream motherboards manufactured which supported Pentium D and Core 2 Duo CPU's, and were based on the i875P, as the i875P (as well as the E7520) can handle two physical cores. But these boards had special design. You are lucky with the X6DHE-G and the DH800.

And be aware of the power requirements of the Paxville. You have two VRMs which can provide the power of two Irwindale's. Use Potomacs instead: you can have as much as 2x8 MB L3 cache, and they can work easily at 800 MHz FSB. Edit: the Socket 604 CPU's with L3 cache are not pin compatible with the ones which do not have L3 cache (brief description of the problem).

Greetings, Dani

(06-19-2012, 12:11 PM)GaBbErOnDoPe Wrote: Hello everyone and wonderful greetz from Germany

I have a Supermicro X6DHE-G and I have the same problem like others in this forum. I installed the SL8MA, too. First I put one CPU in the socket and yes, it's fully supported. 2Cores 4 Threads. After I put in the second CPU there were no changes. Only 2 Cores 4 Threads. I think there must be a way to add the second CPU. Could it be that all boards what doesn't support SL8MA only have DDR1 Ram and the next Gen have DDR2? I think there are more differences as only the Bios...
I hope you can understand me...
Sebastian
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)