Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227629
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

Asus K93SM and AC7260 Intell Adapter
#1
Hai,

i hope that i am in the right part of the forum for my question.

I have an ASUS K93SM laptop.

Due to my upgrading of my internet connection and missing bluetooth, I bought the AC7260 from Intell.
Please find here which one I mean: CLICK HERE

Problem when mounted this adapter: No way you can switch on the MAIN WIFI SWITCH.
Please see HERE the image of what I mean (images say more then my english...)

What is not a problem: you can install the adapter in windows 8.1. It is recognized by windows. I can install updates for the adapter. Turn the adapter on and off.
But as long as the main wifi switch does not work, I cant use wifi.

I heard that there is a way to get the AC7260 working by "modding Bios".
It is concerning the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth PCIe Half Mini Card.

I guess it means that the BIOS file will be adjusted and then the wifi adapter will work?

Can anybody please help me with this?
I have really no clue or knowledge to do this. I dont even want to try, otherwise I know that I will make things worse..... Blush

I have also made a donation to show my appreciation for helping me, because this is the honoust way I think.
Without this forum no help, so thats why i donated.

These are the details of my laptop:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. K93SM 1.0
Bios version: K93SM 208
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless-netwerkadapter
Adapter type: IEEE 802.11 wireless

You can find the whole configuration in the attachment.
If possible, and there is a chance to modify my BIOS in a way which gives me the options to use full memory or make my laptop faster, please feel free to do so.


Thanks in advance!

Dennis


Attached Files
.txt   image.txt (Size: 2.64 KB / Downloads: 6)


First understand, before to want to be understood.


(Click logo)

[Image: 33148.jpg]
find
quote
#2
Hai,

perhaps i posted this in a section where it does not belong.
Anybody who can help me out here?
Much appreciated!

regards
Dennis


First understand, before to want to be understood.


(Click logo)

[Image: 33148.jpg]
find
quote
#3
Hi, to solve your problem, you have to tape the pin 20 (wifi switch) and the pin 51 (bluetooth switch) on the intel mini pcie card to enable it.
Here is a video link, at the end you found a picture of where the pin 20 is located:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzAKcmlaH1M

At the end of the other side of the card is located pin 51, this link can be useful too:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/51030

You must tape those pins to override hardware switch e let the wifi/bluetooth stay always on.

I've got the same issue (just wifi, only pin 20). When i taped the pin, the card works but only on liveOS (kaspersky live cd), but windows still can't start device (error code 10). I need to reset BIOS (maybe!), but i don't want to "destroy" the notebook to toggle cmos battery!

Hope I've helped.
Regards
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)