Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6421
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14052
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424587
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3662
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224947
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119219
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6822
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309856
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 664
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20325
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169459
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6399
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 869

Asus M2N68-LA (Narra3) bios v 5.10 hp
#1
hello i would like to thank you all first of all . great site


to the point i need two things done really slic 2.1 and if i could get bios unlocked to see if i could get ahci. im trying to duel boot windows 7 and snow leopard but i need ahci . if i cant i guess i need to bu new mother board with a little more up to date bios .
computer specs
hp p a6430f
no bios update at hp.com
the bios im linking is backed uo bios
motherboard -Asus M2N68-LA (Narra3)
phenom x3 8400 2100mhz
chipset -nvida nforce 6150 se -430 amd
i hope this is all you need but if not let me know and ill post more info
copy of backed up bios here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13749821/Phoenix...D-5.10.rom
or if you have suggestion of some bios that are compatible that are newer that would be good to .
thank you for the help in advance
find
quote
#2
been looking for this as well... +1
find
quote
#3
Already modded by Elite2K:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%20OEM%...lite2K.zip

Download contains all instructions and has been confirmed working Big Grin

Enjoy

Admin
find
quote
#4
HP SLIC 2.1 BIOS Mod:
HP_Pavilion_a6430f_Narra3_(M2N68-LA)_5.10_HP-CPC_SLP_SLIC_2.1_ISA.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0b5u7
find
quote
#5
First I'd like to say that I'm glad I came across this board, and am looking forward to learning more about mobo mods and being a member of the community.

I'd like to apologize in advanced if this is the wrong category to post this.

I currently have the M2N68-LA (Narra3) mobo in my HP m8457c, and I see that there are many SLIC 2.1 options. The problem is, I currently have 5.10 and I'm getting BSOD screens like no tommorow. I was hoping I could find a BIOS update for all these BSOD's on HP's website.

I found this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=pv-85964-1&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4002330

I dont think its for the Narra3 though, so the installer is not allowing me to flash it. Can I force it?

I also found this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=pv-55440-1&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4002330

It's supposedly say's it fixes BSOD's. I haven't tried it though, because although it is 5.13, its release date is after mine.
[Phoenix Technologies, LTD 2/21/2008]

So yes I would like SLIC 2.1 (especially for the reason I want to install OSX), but I also would like to update my BIOS if possible. Could I flash a Narra5 bios or other derivative of the M2N68-LA bios on my Narra3? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I uploaded my BIOS in case someone needed to take a look at it.
http://www.4shared.com/file/FlVzIkuG/m2n...ra3_5.html
find
quote
#6
(03-27-2011, 07:16 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Already modded by Elite2K:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%20OEM%...lite2K.zip

Download contains all instructions and has been confirmed working Big Grin

Enjoy

Admin

I just tried flashing with this using AwardFlash in DOS off of a USB Stick. I typed in

awdflash 513.rom /cc/cd/cp/py/R

Award flash opened, and it programmed block by block. When it was done, it rebooted. Thats it.



I am now starting at a blank screen. I push the power button, but the LCD doesn't even come out of standby. I even took out my video card and unhooked all devices, and hooked the LCD to the mobo's vga port. Nothing. Keyboard doesn't light, and neither does the HD light. The fans work....now what?? Did i break it?
find
quote
#7
Yuo can try the award bios recovery procedure outlined on our main site

Do you have access to a floppy drive?

If all else fails , take alook at the board to see if the bios chip is located in a socket. If it it thens its removable and could be reprogrammed. If its not then might be a nwe motherboard :S

Admin
find
quote
#8
Hi, can someone repost the modded bios again? I have the same HP Pavilion a6430f desktop and I am looking to make it slic 2.1 thanks.
find
quote
#9
(03-27-2011, 07:16 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Already modded by Elite2K:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%20OEM%...lite2K.zip

Download contains all instructions and has been confirmed working Big Grin

Enjoy

Admin

can u please reupload thanks
find
quote
#10
(03-27-2011, 02:27 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: HP SLIC 2.1 BIOS Mod:
HP_Pavilion_a6430f_Narra3_(M2N68-LA)_5.10_HP-CPC_SLP_SLIC_2.1_ISA.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0b5u7

can u please reupload
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)