Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424444
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224493
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309716
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20277
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169308
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6345
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Asus N550LF can't re-flash bios
#1
Hi,

I have an Asus N550LF laptop and last week it suddenly started to go through a very long POST procedure when starting up , 25 minutes plus sometimes and the fan runs at full speed all the time too.

It's running the last available bios, version 215 and I'd like to try re-flashing that to see it it fixes the problem. Last year, I had the "fan running all the time" error and a re-flash fixed it. I know about the winflash /nodate method, but now it just doesn't flash. Similarly trying to flash from within the bios with Easy Flash fails too. Both Winflash and Easy Flash show a locked padlock symbol, does that mean the bios is write protected somehow?

When the POST is happening, the hard drive light and DVDRW light are both flashing at about one second intervals, I don't know if that's significant or not.

Here's what I've tried so far:

I have an SSD in place of the original hard drive, I have re-seated it's connector. I have removed and re-seated the RAM modules, WLAN board, DVDRW drive. Cleared CMOS by unplugging the little backup battery, remove laptop battery and held down power button for several seconds to dissipate power. Cleaned fan and heatsink. Replaced the SSD with the original hard drive. Edited the Build dates and revision numbers in the bios file with a hex editor, I guess that messes up a checksum as Winflash stops with an "Invalid Bios" error.

Why oh why won't Asus allow you to re-flash the same bios version!!

Anyway, I'd like to know if it's safe to try and re-flash the bios with the AMI tools for the Aptio bios? If so, do I flash all blocks? I love the laptop, best computer I've ever owned so I don't want to brick it.

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Ric
find
quote
#2
try to use the Windows version of Aptio 4 or V bios version from the official Ami bios webpage and click of the force option whiout checking the ROM ID .It will do the trick you need.If it does not work you can always use flashrom.The ultimate flashing tool.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)