Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14001
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424470
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3621
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224552
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119173
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309729
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169329
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5798

Asus P8P67 Pro 2001 Asus 2.1 SLIC DYNAMIC & ASUS P8P67 Pro Permanent SLIC Mod
#21
(03-29-2011, 07:33 PM)Foruman Wrote:
(03-29-2011, 03:01 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: Here you go:
ASUS_P8P67_Pro_1305-EFI_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Dynamic.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/myjx2r

Thanks DMAN999! You are the best and most helpful here!

I'll try this out and report back on it. It may take a while though, as I'll need to test the computer itself and see if there are any changes after flashing the BIOS.

DMAN999, your mod worked wonders; thank you so much again for your work! I (and all other ASUS P8P67 PRO owners) really appreciate your time and efforts!
find
quote
#22
Excellent, Glad to help.
Thanks for the feedback.
find
quote
#23
(03-30-2011, 02:48 AM)DMAN999 Wrote: Excellent, Glad to help.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hi DMAN999 and others,

After using my new MB for about a week, it suddenly died while I was using IE9. The power just turned off, and I heard a zap sound, as if there was a power surge. Yet, all other devices hooked up to my APC Battery Backup/Surge Protector unit is fine, and the power supply still works, hence the computer is able to power on ONLY if I unplug the CPU 4-pin power cable. If not, then the fans will spin for one nanosecond, then everything stops again. If I hold down the power button and restart as I would a normally functioning computer, it still will act that way, letting me turn it on again with the same result.

After searching around on other forums, I've decided that it's my MB that went bad and hence I had to RMA it again. Do you think it's related to this modified BIOS? I'm at a loss of what to think here. I've tested my RAM, GPU, CPU, etc. and they all work OK on another rig.

Any help/explanation would be appreciated. I hate to request this, but do you mind checking your work to make sure that the SLIC table is inserted correctly? I remember making a change in the BIOS right after starting the computer, and then after I went into Windows and IE9, it just died.

EDIT: P.S. The newer BIOS 1502 says that it may fix "system maybe hang if the NEC Chip F/W is broken," so when I get my new MB and flash the BIOS to this version, do you mind maybe instead of checking the old one, to make a new one for this version? I will supply the tables once again. I know you're not in any way obligated to do this, so I humbly request your assistance. Thanks!

Thank you guys for your help! I would really appreciate some right now!
find
quote
#24
(04-20-2011, 06:26 PM)Foruman Wrote:
(03-30-2011, 02:48 AM)DMAN999 Wrote: Excellent, Glad to help.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hi DMAN999 and others,

After using my new MB for about a week, it suddenly died while I was using IE9. The power just turned off, and I heard a zap sound, as if there was a power surge. Yet, all other devices hooked up to my APC Battery Backup/Surge Protector unit is fine, and the power supply still works, hence the computer is able to power on ONLY if I unplug the CPU 4-pin power cable. If not, then the fans will spin for one nanosecond, then everything stops again. If I hold down the power button and restart as I would a normally functioning computer, it still will act that way, letting me turn it on again with the same result.

After searching around on other forums, I've decided that it's my MB that went bad and hence I had to RMA it again. Do you think it's related to this modified BIOS? I'm at a loss of what to think here. I've tested my RAM, GPU, CPU, etc. and they all work OK on another rig.

Any help/explanation would be appreciated. I hate to request this, but do you mind checking your work to make sure that the SLIC table is inserted correctly? I remember making a change in the BIOS right after starting the computer, and then after I went into Windows and IE9, it just died.

EDIT: P.S. The newer BIOS 1502 says that it may fix "system maybe hang if the NEC Chip F/W is broken," so when I get my new MB and flash the BIOS to this version, do you mind maybe instead of checking the old one, to make a new one for this version? I will supply the tables once again. I know you're not in any way obligated to do this, so I humbly request your assistance. Thanks!

Thank you guys for your help! I would really appreciate some right now!

Can anyone help me with this??? Huh
find
quote
#25
(04-24-2011, 02:32 AM)Foruman Wrote: Can anyone help me with this??? Huh

Have you considered flashing it to an original BIOS or an older one that worked for you?

However it seems more likely that it's a hardware fault and as a result you should contact ASUS to fix it via warranty. Don't forget to flash it to an original ASUS BIOS before you send it to them.
find
quote
#26
I agree,
it sounds like a hardware failure.
Test the Unmodified version 1502 and see if that solves the problem.
If it does you can use the modded BIOS below.

Here's the ASUS SLIC 2.1 Modified BIOS:
ASUS_P8P67_Pro_1502-EFI_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Dynamic.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fkrlhu
find
quote
#27
I agree,
it sounds like a hardware failure.
Test the Unmodified version 1502 and see if that solves the problem.
If it does you can use the modded BIOS below.

Here's the ASUS SLIC 2.1 Modified BIOS:
ASUS_P8P67_Pro_1502-EFI_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Dynamic.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fkrlhu
find
quote
#28
(04-24-2011, 02:36 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: I agree,
it sounds like a hardware failure.
Test the Unmodified version 1502 and see if that solves the problem.
If it does you can use the modded BIOS below.

Here's the ASUS SLIC 2.1 Modified BIOS:
ASUS_P8P67_Pro_1502-EFI_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Dynamic.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fkrlhu

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies!

Unfortunately, I cannot test any BIOSes until I get another MB from ASUS, since the one that came was DOA (red CPU LED light always on). I also couldn't flash the one I sent back because there's no way to get to the BIOS (unless I needed another tool).

I will test the one you gave me here when I get the new board. I do think it's the MB and not the CPU, since many people on Newegg.com are complaining that the ASUS Revision 3B boards are all having the same issue with the MB thinking that there's something wrong with the CPU. Unless all these people have faulty CPU's, I don't think it's my CPU.

I will let you guys know how it goes after waiting another week for a new RMA MB to arrive.

Thanks again for your help!
find
quote
#29
I'm due to get my B3 board this week :O

I hope it has no CPU issues.
find
quote
#30
(04-26-2011, 01:28 AM)shuriken141 Wrote: I'm due to get my B3 board this week :O

I hope it has no CPU issues.

Hope so...

I am still waiting on ASUS to process the 3rd RMA now. They have yet to send me a working product...the one I bought from the store though actually didwork, ironically.

EDIT: Now they are asking me for processing fees and shipment payment...for what, their poor QA support? I still haven't received a working product as promissed under the warranty. I'm going to have to get someone to straighten this mess out...HORRIBLE SUPPORT FROM ASUS! Angry
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)