Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6418
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14050
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424581
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224923
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119214
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309848
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 661
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20322
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169450
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6394
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Asus Pro WS W680-ACE bios mod possible?
#1
I'm not even sure this is possible anymore, but can you still modify and flash a bios to newer Asus intel platforms?

Here's a summary of my issue.
I purchased an intel 13900T QS (Q1EG) for my new server build but it won't post in my Pro WS W680-ACE. It will post fine in my Asus Z690-i with bios 2403. I have tried flashing the older versions of the W680 bios but it still doesn't post. The board is good because it posts with my 13700k. I'd love to be able to get the cpu microcode from the z690 bios and create a modified w680 bios. The goal was to have a low power server with the 13900t.

Links:
Newest W680 bios:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BI...20W680-ACE

Working Asus Z690-I bios version 2403:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BI...ING%20WIFI

Even if someone can compare the microcodes, that would be great. I'm still not sure why they would be different.

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot with CPU tab of CPU-Z with your 13900T QS and Asus Z690-i.
BTW: adding microcode will not add support for new CPU.
find
quote
#3
(12-22-2023, 07:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot with CPU tab of CPU-Z with your 13900T QS and Asus Z690-i.
BTW: adding microcode will not add support for new CPU.


Sorry I was waiting for a second Z690-I to show up for another build I'm doing.  Here is a screenshot with a slightly newer bios (2703):
   

I guess I don't know what the fundamental difference is between the two boards with basically the same chipset other than Microcode.  My retail 13600T works in both the W680 and Z690-i, but not this QS.
find
quote
#4
Check with BIOS 0203 and 2305 for Asus Pro WS W680-ACE.
find
quote
#5
(12-27-2023, 02:42 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Check with BIOS 0203 and 2305 for Asus Pro WS W680-ACE.

Sadly I have already tried the older bioses and they do the same thing.  I did not attempt to downgrade the intel ME firmware (I don't even know if that's possible).  Do they have the same CPU microcode as the Z690?
Thanks for your help
find
quote
#6
(12-29-2023, 05:02 PM)custom90gt Wrote: Do they have the same CPU microcode as the Z690?
Yes, the same.
It's not microcode issue.
find
quote
#7
(12-22-2023, 07:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Yes, the same.
It's not microcode issue.

I appreciate you checking on that. Strange that it will not post with the QS CPU but does fine with a retail 13700k and retail 13600T. Any thoughts on what it could be?
find
quote
#8
Try to flash the first version of BIOS by a hardware programmer.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)