Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424257
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224010
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169182
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61134

Asus k60Ij Bios Unlock
#1
I need to be able to access more options. One of the most important options I need is ACPI. Can anyone do this, or help me to do this? Thanks!
www find
quote
#2
As no one has responded, I have decided to update this request with more information. It is an ASUS k60Ij laptop, with AMIBIOS version 206. I would like to have this bios unlocked, seeing as it is locked down tight with severely restricted options. I would really like to be able to toggle ACPI, because I am testing out OS X. Thanks in advance.


Attached Files
.zip   K60IJAS206.zip (Size: 633.59 KB / Downloads: 10)
www find
quote
#3
Had a look at it using AMIBCP version 3.46 (this version is part of the collection of tools available from the forum).

I couldn't see any hidden ACPI setting at all. So it's not going to be easy (like unhiding an option).

But at token 0x0140, you can see a string "enable/disable ACPI support for OS. ENABLE: If OS supports. DISABLE: If OS does not support ACPI".
This could mean that the setting could be added to your bios, but it would take someone with more skill than I have to do it.

Good luck.
find
quote
#4
Ok, thanks. Do you think that it would be possible to get the bios from AMI instead of ASUS and get this to work? It seems that ASUS went in and completely removed options they didnt like.
www find
quote
#5
I don't think AMI would deal with you unless you were a pc manufacturer.

One thing you could do is get in contact with forum member kizwan, he is usually a phoenix bios guy but I think he also knows about AMI.
find
quote
#6
So I was gifted an Asus K60IJ laptop.

Upgraded the Processor to an Intel Core 2 Extreme x9000, installed Windows 10 on an SSD, as well as a 4GB PC2-5300 RAM module.

Unfortunately I have only once been able to get to Windows with 6GB of RAM.

Initially when I received the laptop there was a 2GB stick of PC2-6400 RAM that was not working (meaning I could run Windows but only 2GB from the motherboard would show). I installed a 512 MB chip of PC2-5300, and could consistently run Windows 10 with that. The system is not half bad, but was hoping to be able to run at least 4GB as the work I'm going to do I don't think 2.5 is going to cut it.

Was offered a trial CAD job at a company, but have to bring my own computer as they do not have a licensed version of Inventor. Which is what I am proficient in.

What I'm hoping for is either a later BIOS update, or a way to unlock the current bios: AMI Version 206, or..? As I know it does work with 6GB (it was like somehow I tricked it to POST.) Had the 6400 RAM installed, then unseated it with no battery in, installed the 4 GB chip and BAM a 6 GB Windows 10 pretty nice little system. Not sure if that is the trick and it will work every time, but that's kind of impractical and it would be better to ask some people who would know more and hopefully we could figure a way to make it work all the time.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)