Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424436
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20274
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

Asus notebook AHCI mode
#1
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum but I've read you for quite a while!
I'm willing to put an SSD in my notebook Asus X50SL (same MoBo and BIOS as many other Asus notebooks: such as F5 series, X59, and others).

I'd like to be able to use AHCI mode. I know it's fully supported by my chipset (SiS M671 northbridge, SiS 968 Southbridge) and I already have the drivers, but unfortunately no option is available in the BIOS to switch it on.

Could you guys please take a look in the attached BIOS and see what's going on?


Edit: by the way, I discovered that MSI CX600 notebook features the same chipset and its BIOS allows IDE/AHCI switching. I'm attaching this BIOS (also an AMI bios) in case it could be useful.Wink


Attached Files
.zip   F5SLAS.zip (Size: 442.85 KB / Downloads: 43)
.zip   MSI CX600 bios.zip (Size: 590.89 KB / Downloads: 36)
find
quote
#2
Update
I've looked up in the BIOS's module called Multilanguage and there are strings like "Auto-Detecting Pri Master..Auto-Detecting Pri Slave.." followed by auto-detecting secondary, 3rd, 4th master/slave.
After that there is "Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 0..Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 1..Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 2..Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 3..Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 4.."

So I guess AHCI is fully supported! It just needs to be enabled! Can someone help with this, please?
find
quote
#3
Maybe i'm wrong, but i don't see traces of option to enable AHCI mode in your bios, yes in the other and it's not present in the menus, so it will need to be moded to allow it.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#4
Hi camiloml!
I don't fully understand what you mean. I've seen that there is no hidden option in the menu, but I think that the bios itself (my bios, i.e. F5SLAS.ZIP) already has inbuilt support for AHCI: infact, the bios (in the Multilanguage module) contains strings such as "Auto-detecting AHCI port..." and so on. It would just need to add the option to the menu.
Do you think that I should ask for support in the "Option Rom Modding Requests" subforum or am I right here?

Thanks again for looking! Smile
find
quote
#5
I mean your bios has no menu definitions (used/visible or not used but sill there) to select SATA operation mode.

The other bios has the menu but is unused in the bios and is not visible even by amibcp because is not linked to any menu.

But your bios has not a menu to change that setting, so cannot be unlocked/linked to menu chain/made visible/useable.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
I suppose there's no hope then...
Thank you anyway!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)