Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6407
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14043
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424559
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3656
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224829
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119207
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6818
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 439
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309825
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62002
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20316
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169435
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6388
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 863

BIOS Update for 7850 Black Edition on MCP61SM
#1
I think I'm in the right place I got this board MCP61SM in my T180 I want to upgrade to a 7850 Black Edition CPU but I think I need the Bios updated or whatever to make it work.


any help is appreciated thanks,
find
quote
#2
didnt work 4 me, buy new mobo http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=167485&source=froogle

i got this.

(10-06-2010, 08:18 PM)japmax96 Wrote: I think I'm in the right place I got this board MCP61SM in my T180 I want to upgrade to a 7850 Black Edition CPU but I think I need the Bios updated or whatever to make it work.


any help is appreciated thanks,

find
quote
#3
Hold on a minute! Chances are we can mod it for you Big Grin - or at least try to Tongue

Please give me some time to research this and find a similar board for us to port the microcodes over from Big Grin

Admin
find
quote
#4
(10-07-2010, 06:31 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Hold on a minute! Chances are we can mod it for you Big Grin - or at least try to Tongue

Please give me some time to research this and find a similar board for us to port the microcodes over from Big Grin

Admin

The foxcon website says my board will not support a Kuma but in the meantime I ordered a 5800 AM2 but if you can get it to work please chime back in with the details you guys are awesome.

Thanks, Smile
find
quote
#5
(10-07-2010, 01:56 PM)japmax96 Wrote:
(10-07-2010, 06:31 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Hold on a minute! Chances are we can mod it for you Big Grin - or at least try to Tongue

Please give me some time to research this and find a similar board for us to port the microcodes over from Big Grin

Admin

The foxcon website says my board will not support a Kuma but in the meantime I ordered a 5800 AM2 but if you can get it to work please chime back in with the details you guys are awesome.

Thanks, Smile

Probably because Foxconn is stopping support for your board and rather that you paid them some more money to get another board which supports the Kuma than releasing a bios for it Tongue

im still looking into this

Admin

find
quote
#6
OK try this at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20As...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#7
(10-08-2010, 03:27 AM)1234s282 Wrote: OK try this at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20As...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

Sweet Smile

It's going to be a little over a week before I test this tho, I'm going out of town.


But let me ask really quick so you tested this bios with my MB and chip and it worked? or do you use a different procedure?
find
quote
#8
no i havent tested as i dont have this board , other users have tested and reported that it worked but at the end of the day you just have to take the risk , go ahead and flash it

Admin
find
quote
#9
If I don't I don't use overclocking will the x2 5800 3.0 be faster than the 7850 2.8 on stock settings?

I ask because 7850 is a (128-bit) DDR2 SDRAM, 2mb L3 and unlocked multiplier . The 5800 doesn't have any of these but everything else pretty much the same.


I'm not too familiar with the terminology on how it affects for normal use is why I ask.



Thanks,
find
quote
#10
EVERYONE JUST STOP!!!! This is an Acer Aspire T180 BIOS, which means this is the proper unlocked BIOS for your board that will support overclocking on a 5800. This board will NOT support a Kuma until we come up with a new certified BIOS, but this is the correct instructions and BIOS to use to unlock this board.

These instructions: http://www.bios-mods.com/blog/?p=142

This BIOS image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/abit_unlocked.bin

Also, I'm quite sure that the stock BIOS on this board is an Award not an AMI. Hope this helps clarify everything. Big Grin

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)