Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107987
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425630
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227540
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119712
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Bios dump l702x
#1
Dear Bios-mods community,

I bricked my Dell xps17 l702x. The chip is currently on a external board for flashing purposes, but I can't seem to find a proper bios dump on the web.

Can someone please provide me with a dump? I am willing to pay a compensation for the effort.

Best regards,
rmn
find
quote
#2
I'll grab it for you... And I'll edit here, wait

try this

https://hostr.co/CO0ORqINGzsT

I think the right one is the 2.5Mb one, BIOS.CAP, but try both.

Report.

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#3
Thanks fjfc.

Are these actual dumps, or an extraction of the .exe? I got a .bin on another forum.

Can you please discribe your method of acquiring the files? I can't test right now. The chip is being sended to me and will be here within a few days. If your files are not encryted and work as they should, I will donate.
find
quote
#4
(03-04-2014, 11:05 AM)rmn Wrote: Thanks fjfc.

Are these actual dumps, or an extraction of the .exe? I got a .bin on another forum.

Can you please discribe your method of acquiring the files? I can't test right now. The chip is being sended to me and will be here within a few days. If your files are not encryted and work as they should, I will donate.

these are from a recovery disk... send me that bin for me to check if it is valid to flash direct to the bios, also, have you tried recovery steps?

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#5
Those from recov disk are most likely encrypted. This has already proven to be a problem.

Already tried recov steps, did not work. When de device is back I will try again, just to be sure. Maybe I need to clearify this. The laptop was sent to a hardware reapairshop, since I don't have any experience with desoldering chips and was too scared to completely destroy the board. This hardwaredude went for holiday, just today, and told me has sent back the device. So atm I can't actually do anything until the device is back.

Can I e-mail you the .bin? It contains serial numbers etc. so I am bit reluctant of sharing it publicly. It got it from some guy on forum and I don't think he'd appreciate it.

Edit: I'll PM it. Ok? Smile
find
quote
#6
ok man

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#7
(03-04-2014, 01:46 PM)fjfc Wrote: ok man

It's UEFI encapsulated You know what it means when Recovery is done with Encapsulated Bios ? You have tried !
You tried give it in eating to PMTool ? Try and You'll get an error.
Remove 0xB0 bytes from file starting position BIOS1.WPH :
BD86663B760D3040B70EB5519E2FC5A05000000000000100500050000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000D954937A68044A4481CE0BF617D890DF00005000000000005F465648FF8EFFFF4800134C00000001500000000000010000000000000000007F363EF3D24101429CB7AFA63DCCEEC9B1350140181042F8

Save it and let PMTool eat it ! I don't know if It works and its effect, but I could not be quite to use these files.
If I am an breaking balls let me know I will not interfering yet, friend.
reagrds

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#8
(03-05-2014, 06:53 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 01:46 PM)fjfc Wrote: ok man

It's UEFI encapsulated You know what it means when Recovery is done with Encapsulated Bios ? You have tried !
You tried give it in eating to PMTool ? Try and You'll get an error.
Remove 0xB0 bytes from file starting position BIOS1.WPH :
BD86663B760D3040B70EB5519E2FC5A05000000000000100500050000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000D954937A68044A4481CE0BF617D890DF00005000000000005F465648FF8EFFFF4800134C00000001500000000000010000000000000000007F363EF3D24101429CB7AFA63DCCEEC9B1350140181042F8

Save it and let PMTool eat it ! I don't know if It works and its effect, but I could not be quite to use these files.
If I am an breaking balls let me know I will not interfering yet, friend.
reagrds

Thanks for all the help BDMaster, you can interferr in my experiments when you want as I take you as my mentor same way as you take donovan Smile
You're right, I tried it already, I didn't knew how to extract phoenyx so thanks, but the user PM'ed me with a .bin that he got in another place for me to verify and it is valid 4MB with Descriptor, ME and BIOS regions, he'll be flashing it with external EEPROM programmer.
I recognize my mistake and already removed the file.

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)