Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3549
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223692
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119093
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6734
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309484
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 562
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20213
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169133
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5732
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61102
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274941
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 881

Bricked (Hopefully Not) Dell XPS One A2010
#1
Brick 
I'm embarrassed that I have to come here for help, but that's where I am now.

I've bricked my Dell XPS One A2010 as a result of a BSOD during a BIOS update.  When I power it on, first the Play/Pause, Eject, and LCD Backlight buttons turn on and the system beeps.  Then all fans start spinning and the system steadily beeps.  It runs an AMI BIOS so I tried booting into FreeDOS with a flash drive to use AFUDOS ("afudos /im-010008 /jm-020006 /pb") to flash the two bios files, but I don't think the system is booting it on account of the beeping.  I also attempted this with a FAT32 240GB SSD and I still got nowhere.  Additionally, in one of the threads it appeared that the second file was the one causing me grief so I tried naming that AMIBOOT.rom but it appeared that the system wasn't even reading USB or the SSD.

I can tell no power is going to any USB ports because my USB keyboard remains dark when I power on the system.  As such I cannot press the home key.  Additionally, I have no idea if the wireless keyboard the computer came with can be trusted as I can't tell if it is still synced.  It doesn't seem to wake up when I power on the system, so that's a nogo.  

As I type this, I've just found a ROM Recovery Jumper, and when I remove it and turn on the system, the fans spin for a few moments and it shuts off, rinse and repeat.  Nothing USB related turns on so it definitely is finding an AMIBOOT.rom on the flash drive.  It also definitely isn't reading it from the SSD.  If the USB ports don't work and the SATA ports don't work, there still has to be a way to recover this thing given that there is a labeled jumper for it.  This is an AIO computer so it MUST be intentional.  The two methods of entry I haven't tried yet are the SD card slot and the CD Drive.  There is no floppy drive, and no PS/2 port.  There is a LPC Debug thing, but I have no idea how useful it would be.

I have a feeling that the name might be wrong or I might be using the wrong file.  The BIOS is flashed using two files, and I don't know which one is relevant.  Additionally, I can't find a download for Andy P’s SLIC tool, so I have absolutely no clue if AMIBOOT.rom is the right name to use.

The BIOS is located here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/...de=xps-one

If you can help, that would be magnificent!  Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)