Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 797
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108053
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425653
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227623
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310605
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

Bricked Toshiba C55T-A5123 after BIOS downgrade
#1
I received this laptop with BIOS version 1.10. I initially tried flashing 1.50 directly but it failed with a vague error and not much else. So I then decided to go in increments. Flashed 1.30 (worked), then 1.40 (worked), then tried 1.50 again. No dice.

Looking through the options for isflashx64.efi I noticed a -MC option to bypass checks. This let is flash successfully. The weird thing is the BIOS model was the same except there was an A appended to the end. Other than that the BIOS worked perfectly and the computer booted fine. All of these BIOS downloads had my exact product number listed next to them.

This was working but I was getting a ton of ACPI errors in Linux (That I didn't remember seeing on previous BIOS versions) and me not willing to leave well enough alone decided to try and reflash 1.40. I still had the CD I burned with the BIOS on it. Loaded it up, dropped to the EFI shell, and ran


Code:
isflashx64.efi DM10S140.FD -ALL -MC

I ran with -ALL to flash everything and -MC because the BIOS model was changing back (to the version without an A)

It ran through and flashed successfully but now will not boot back up at all. The power will flash for 1 second, waits about 10 seconds, then goes steady for about 5 seconds (HDD spins up on the second flash but screen does not initialize)

I have tried formatting a USB drive as FAT16 and put the 1.50 BIOS on it as BIOS.FD and then pressing Win + B as I plug it in and turn it on (as per the Insyde recovery directions) but nothing ever happens.

So what I'm wondering is: Is there any way to recover this short of taking the laptop apart and trying to flash the chip directly? (If that is even possible)

Here's the link where I got the BIOS downloads. My laptop part number is PSCJEU-01G00Q. http://support.toshiba.com/support/model...=zd247208q

(You have to click "Drivers and updates" and then "BIOS" manually. Can't link directly to it)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)