Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Bricked Toshiba L850-16Q
#1
Good morning, first time poster here Blush

So, I have been repairing some laptops at home, and I have been stumped by the Toshibas, mainly the 750 and 850 Satellite series, some of them simply don't boot, the only thing they do is to turn on the power and WiFi leds, the fan turns after the CPU warms a bit and the num lock and caps lock respond to key presses.

I have been toying with Wincrisis, then I tried the normal Insyde bios recovery, but no mather what I rename the file I cannot get it to recover the bios, I got the latest BIOS for the laptop, extracted the files, and I ended with 2 folders, one named F and other named F8, PhoenixTools says that the F680.FD file inside the F8 folder is not a bios, I suspect it has extra sauce for windows 8 installs.
It also reports the file name(from the F680.FD) as being FX64.F? is it really suposed to be a ? symbol in the file name?

When I insert the pen drive in the laptop the drive led blinks once, and nothing more happens, after about 2 minutes the laptop shuts down, if I don't connect anything it keeps turned on.

If there is no way to use a USB drive, I can also remove the flash and program it with a programmer, but I can't use the F680.FD file directly..

Is there any trick to bring this laptops to life(I have seen already 20 laptops in this state).

Best regards, and thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
Hey man,

Stumbled up on this post after searching Google. Did you manage to repair this issue? I have the exact same issue. I thought I was handy if I turned on the internal graphical adapter and now this thing seems bricked because I can't find a single way to restore the bios or get in my system. The screen stays black and I think the recovery options as provided online are badly documented. Having the same file rename issue. FX64.F? If I want to end that file name with that question mark I need to Google for another magical tool again that makes it possible in doing so. I dont think that should be the way to go.

Hope you have find a magical solution. Big Grin If not... well then I will buy a new mobo on AliXpress since they're selling lots of those. But I whish I could just crack this cookie and have an enormous feel good feeling afterwards.... lol
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)