Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221781
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118859
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 141
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6627
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308862
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61684
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 432
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20071
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168743
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6113
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5606
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60892
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274784
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 761
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694652

CBROM with CPU Microcode Larger than 2KiB
#1
Hi,

I'm attempting to update the microcode for this BIOS:
https://theretroweb.com/motherboard/bios...635768.zip

However, all of the microcode I've found for CPUID 0F41 is greater than 2.0KiB. Every attempt to extract or import these BIN files makes CBROM very unhappy.

I've tried extract from several BIOSes with the desired microcode, both with CBROM and MCE. Tried multiple versions of CBROM, both 16 and 32-bit. Also tried using already extracted microcode, in both BIN and DAT format. No luck.

What is recommended in working with larger microcode files (greater than 2.0KiB) with legacy (non UEFI) BIOSes? I'm guessing someone has already encountered an issue like this...

-Brian
find
quote
#2
Try this to extract:
CBROM198.EXE s82r13.BIN /cpucode Extract
find
quote
#3
(12-03-2023, 04:14 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try this to extract:
CBROM198.EXE s82r13.BIN /cpucode Extract

Hi - I appreciate the help!

All of the microcode within the "s82r13.BIN" BIOS are 2.0KiB in size. I've not had any issues extracting the microcode from this BIOS. This is the BIOS I want to add support for CPUID 0F41.

Here's an example of a BIOS with microcode greater than 2.0KiB in size:

https://theretroweb.com/motherboard/bios...390194.exe

How do I extract the highlighted microcode with CBROM:

[Image: BE72-14.png]

I've also attached the microcode I extracted using MCE:

.bin   cpu00F41_plat9D_ver00000005_2004-05-20_PRD_CFF50393.bin (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 1)

You'll see that it's 3.0KiB in size. How to I import this using CBROM? Or is there another way I can import this microcode?

-Brian
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)