Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

Can I install any AMI BIOS?
#1
Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.
find
quote
#2
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.
find
quote
#3
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.
find
quote
#4
(10-01-2015, 10:10 AM)chica Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.

Hello. I've been with some troubles with install Ubuntu, I will do beacuse I am Linux user, but for now, please can you say me what information you need or how can I get it using Windows to send to you?
find
quote
#5
(10-04-2015, 11:38 AM)chica Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 10:10 AM)chica Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.

Hello. I've been with some troubles with install Ubuntu, I will do beacuse I am Linux user, but for now, please can you say me what information you need or how can I get it using Windows to send to you?

Hello! I have the files.


Attached Files
.txt   pci.txt (Size: 9.16 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   usb.txt (Size: 26 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   chipsets.txt (Size: 16.87 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#6
(10-04-2015, 07:26 PM)chica Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 11:38 AM)chica Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 10:10 AM)chica Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 06:04 PM)chica Wrote: Hello! I want to overclock my notebook, but its BIOS its blocked and by software its motherboard manufacter its so [censored] unkown that the software cant find the PLL. My notebook have an AMI BIOS.

MY QUESTION IS:

I want to know if I can install an AMI version that have overclocking features althogh it is not exactly my notebook model. If i did that it would recognize all my notebook components, I have any chances, or it will not boot?
My notebooks specs for in case you need them:

- Notebook Positivo
- Intel Atom
- AMI BIOS version 1.13
- Motherboard manufracter Positivo (no support, updates or anything unlocked)

Im really desperate for overclocking beacuse I always wanted to have a pc for gaming but I didnt never worked yet to buy a cool pc!
Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.

Hello. I've been with some troubles with install Ubuntu, I will do beacuse I am Linux user, but for now, please can you say me what information you need or how can I get it using Windows to send to you?

Hello! I have the files.

That notebook can take 4GB of RAM and may be overcloked to 2.0GHz but you'll need to see if there's a cpu fan and if there isn't you'll need to install one, for that look for a small laptop cpu fan and look for a cpu fan connector in the motherboard, you can also replace that 5400rpm hard drive with a 7200rpm one or with a solid state drive to speed disk access a bit. That notebook however will still be slow due to the fact that it uses a SATA 2 controller instead of the faster SATA 3 one larger laptops use, and the GMA3150 graphics also affect a lot.
find
quote
#7
(10-06-2015, 02:48 PM)fbsduser Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 07:26 PM)chica Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 11:38 AM)chica Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 10:10 AM)chica Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 11:00 PM)fbsduser Wrote: Get yourself an ubuntu 15.04 iso and write it to a CD or pendrive (to write it to a pendrive you will need win32imagewriter which is free), boot the notebook off said CD or pendrive. Once you are at the desktop open a terminal window and type this 3 commands
Code:
sudo lspci -v > ~/Desktop/pci.txt
sudo lsusb -v > ~/Desktop/usb.txt
sudo lshw > ~/Desktop/chipsets.txt
and attach the 3 text file that will appear on your desktop to a reply.
Also consider the fact that the CPU is an Atom (a.k.a Netbook CPU). You'll not be able to squeeze that much extra performance out of it and there's also the underpowered graphics chip built-in and the slow disk and RAM controller bus.

Sorry for the delayed answer, (I was with some troubles installing Ubuntu directly from a partition). I appreciate so much your answer, as soon I get the info I will attach it and reply to you.

Hello. I've been with some troubles with install Ubuntu, I will do beacuse I am Linux user, but for now, please can you say me what information you need or how can I get it using Windows to send to you?

Hello! I have the files.

That notebook can take 4GB of RAM and may be overcloked to 2.0GHz but you'll need to see if there's a cpu fan and if there isn't you'll need to install one, for that look for a small laptop cpu fan and look for a cpu fan connector in the motherboard, you can also replace that 5400rpm hard drive with a 7200rpm one or with a solid state drive to speed disk access a bit. That notebook however will still be slow due to the fact that it uses a SATA 2 controller instead of the faster SATA 3 one larger laptops use, and the GMA3150 graphics also affect a lot.

Well. Thank you for your answer. I undertand, and know that my notebook is so crapy but anyway I will do.
My answer is as the title "Can I install any AMI BIOS?" if I do that the bios will recognize all my notebook devices and boot, or it will not boot?
Thank you!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)