Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224612
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169365
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Can't change boot priority order
#1
My BIOS is Phoenix SecureCore Tiano. Dell version A16 and the computer Dell Inspiron 7720.

When I go to the Boot Priority section of the BIOS settings it shows that "Legacy Boot" is enabled.



Following the on screen instruction I use the Down Arrow to select from the list:



"+USB Storage Device"



I then attempt to move this list option to the top of the list using the "+ / -" keys.

There is no response. The item does not move up in the list.

I don't know if this is intentional on the part of Dell, a bug, or my own in-expertise.





Please can you tell me how I make this item move up in the list?



M1ke47
find
quote
#2
Hello M1ke47,

Have you tried holding down the shift key while pressing +/- ? I have come across several computers that required that, but did not note it in the BIOS Setup instructions.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
(09-14-2015, 04:43 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello M1ke47,

Have you tried holding down the shift key while pressing +/- ? I have come across several computers that required that, but did not note it in the BIOS Setup instructions.

~Steven

Thanks Steven, I have tried it now. also "UP and Down" as suggested in a Dell article I found. No luck so far.
Am I right that it's the Legacy Boot option that should enable this kind of change in order?

Mike
find
quote
#4
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/7GBZt7FVt

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards

P.S. I will give a look to your DMI setings and EFI IFR !

Please make a complete Menu Tabs Screenshots to see all Tabs and sub-tabs with options
and upload It here as I need to see like You too your Menu complete !
We can unlock the Advamced Tab too !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5

.rar   results.rar (Size: 2.82 MB / Downloads: 6)
(09-15-2015, 05:57 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/7GBZt7FVt

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards

P.S. I will give a look to your DMI setings and EFI IFR !

Thanks BDMaster, here's the file.

Mike
find
quote
#6
Please make a complete Menu Tabs Screenshots to see all Tabs and sub-tabs with options
and upload It here as I need to see like You too your Menu complete !
We can unlock the Advamced Tab too !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
Your Bios version is A17 not A16 !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#8
(09-15-2015, 06:40 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Please make a complete Menu Tabs Screenshots to see all Tabs and sub-tabs with options
and upload It here as I need to see like You too your Menu complete !
We can unlock the Advamced Tab too !

I will gladly do that.

Can I do a "PrntScr" at that level of the system or do I need to take photos?

Mike
find
quote
#9
(09-15-2015, 06:44 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Your Bios version is A17 not A16 !

Oh yes! Apologies for my not mentioning that.
I updated the BIOS yesterday to see if that would make any difference.
It didn't.

Mike
find
quote
#10
You have to use a camera or the mobile phone to get pictures !
It doesn0t matter quality just to see all options present !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)