Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40951
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 308
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55285
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64123
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2508
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167084
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6329
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125399
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317032
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Clevo m765s unlock request
(12-14-2018, 10:54 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, of course now I can see both images Big Grin

AHCI is what you should use.  Yes, it should work for booting if you can copy/paste to it.

If windows already installed, before you change from IDE to AHCI you need to make these changes in the registry, specifically the bold one, otherwise you will get 0x0000007B BSOD

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start

If drive is empty now, what happens when you try to install windows onto it?  Please show an image when you see the error, then maybe I can better answer
Also, before the error, take an image of the "Disk Screen" where you choose which hard drive to install windows onto.

Windows are not installed, the following screenshot is how it looks like:

[Image: XtabGIt.jpg]

If I click on show details, the error message is "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."
find
In the BIOS advanced page, do you have set "installed OS" Vista/Win7? If not, set that now, and AHCI right underneath it.
Then reboot back to the BIOS, and on the "Boot" page, move this main HDD/SSD to the top #1 spot.

Then, start windows installer again, but before you get to the screen above (I think page before this one), choose Repair, then advanced options/troubleshoot etc, where you can choose Command prompt. While doing this, have ONLY this hard drive connected to the computer because we're about to erase it next and want to be sure it's the only one there.

At the command prompt do the following step by step

Diskpart >List Disk
Should only have one disk, but if you have USB make sure to notice it by size, and it's disk number, do not select it

Diskpart > Select Disk 0
This should be the main drive you are having trouble installing to, recognized by it's size and only drive in system aside from USB

Diskpart > List Partition
This is final check, to ensure you have selected the correct disk, if it's not your USB proceed

Diskpart > Clean
This removes any and all previous partition table information, MBR, GPT partitions etc.
This will make sure that Linux GPT partition is gone, formatting you did before may not have, depending on how you did things.

Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024

Diskpart> Format Quick FS=NTFS

Diskpart > Assign

Diskpart > Active
(To set partition Active for OS Install)

Diskpart > Exit

Now, reboot and run the windows installer, when you get to the page you showed above, disk selection, do not create any partitions or click drive options etc, do nothing except select the already showing disk/partition and click next. Windows install will proceed.
find
Quote:In the BIOS advanced page, do you have set "installed OS" Vista/Win7? If not, set that now, and AHCI right underneath it.
Then reboot back to the BIOS, and on the "Boot" page, move this main HDD/SSD to the top #1 spot.

Unfortunately I cannot do that because nothing has changed since I started trying to make this SSD work as I describe in the beginning of this thread, it just does not appear on the boot priority menu. It is invisible for BIOS.

I did try however to do as you say from Diskpart but the Windows installation cannot proceed:

[Image: ColyOsH.jpg?1]
find
Did you select the "Disk 0 Partition 1" and click Next? Not sure why it says create a new partition?

Hard drive does not show up on "Boot" page still? Have you tried clearing CMOS and loading optimal defaults (F9) in the BIOS and save/reboot back into BIOS, then set AHCI and Win7 again, then reboot and check Boot page for HD/SSD? Maybe something you changed on the MAIN/SATA Port pages is incorrect, reloading optimal defaults will fix that.

Also, please set correct time and date, often this can cause random odd issues when that badly incorrect (@2007)
This system should be able to boot SSD, it has Win7 option so its not that old.

Maybe your SSD can't operate at 1.5Gb/s (SATA 1) - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/...ow.704213/
He is using SSD and win7 x64

Is your Windows install source a clean unedited ISO? If not, that may be the issue, download another copy that hasn't been modified if this is the case and then try again. How are you installing, from CD or USB? If USB, what is the USB Formatted as MBR or GPT? If GPT, redo to MBR and then create the Win7 install USB again and try to install.

Also, remove all things from Boot Priority #1, only HDD should go there, USB/CD move to end, and then choose them via Boot Menu option during startup to boot to the installer. I know you can't see SSD to move to #1, but that still means you need to move CD/USB away from 1 - that causes Win7 to fail to install too sometimes, if something else is set as #1 boot device.
find
(12-18-2018, 05:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you select the "Disk 0 Partition 1" and click Next?  Not sure why it says create a new partition?

Hard drive does not show up on "Boot" page still?  Have you tried clearing CMOS and loading optimal defaults (F9) in the BIOS and save/reboot back into BIOS,  then set AHCI and Win7 again, then reboot and check Boot page for HD/SSD?  Maybe something you changed on the MAIN/SATA Port pages is incorrect, reloading optimal defaults will fix that.

Also, please set correct time and date, often this can cause random odd issues when that badly incorrect (@2007)
This system should be able to boot SSD, it has Win7 option so its not that old.

Maybe your SSD can't operate at 1.5Gb/s (SATA 1) - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/...ow.704213/
He is using SSD and win7 x64

Is your Windows install source a clean unedited ISO?  If not, that may be the issue, download another copy that hasn't been modified if this is the case and then try again.  How are you installing, from CD or USB?  If USB, what is the USB Formatted as MBR or GPT?  If GPT, redo to MBR and then create the Win7 install USB again and try to install.

Also, remove all things from Boot Priority #1, only HDD should go there, USB/CD move to end, and then choose them via Boot Menu option during startup to boot to the installer.  I know you can't see SSD to move to #1, but that still means you need to move CD/USB away from 1 - that causes Win7 to fail to install too sometimes, if something else is set as #1 boot device.

Wow, that's a lot of info! Thanks!! The CMOS battery is dead, so I suspect this could be one reason for weird behaviour and I'm going to change it to see if that helps.

I'm using a windows image that I have been using in the past on the old HDD which was working then, I'll try to use another ISO, after making sure that it is an ok ISO.

Thanks again!
find
Hope some of it will help! Yes, please find a new CMOS battery in case time/date is part of these issues. Steal/borrow one for a while from some other old not in use system around your house if you have one.

If you've used this ISO in the past, and didn't update/modify it recently, then it should be fine to use now.
However, if you want a link to an updated legit legal download of the latest Win7 ISO from Microsoft let me know and I can find you a link.
find
(10-30-2018, 01:02 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~
Try my mod here.
https://www.file-upload.com/9m06scw8zmn2

Your laptop seems was old model and chipset ,too ,useful item was few.
I still insert some items on bios .

Next step, i will try search useful orom for this laptop .

Can you re-upload this file please?
find