Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71401
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22092
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41032
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317280
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 343
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55351
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64140
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167362
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 244
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 135

Clevo m765s unlock request
Thanks Genius239, I never thought about update orom, good idea for SATA/AHCI rom if you can find one that will work in there (1.20E?)!
find
The SSD is sata, its a Kingston A400 120gb. I get the same errors as before when trying to install windows even after deleting linux. I tried moving up boot option 8: but bios doesn't let me move it from the bottom of the list.

Maybe it has something to do with it not being detected on the first picture, at "SATA Port 1: None"? It just feels that Bios cannot see the SSD at all even though operating systems can.

genius239 Wrote:
Hi~
Try my mod here.
https://www.file-upload.com/9m06scw8zmn2

Your laptop seems was old model and chipset ,too ,useful item was few.
I still insert some items on bios .

Next step, i will try search useful orom for this laptop .

Thank you genius239!! I'm going to give it a try and come back for feedback Smile
find
Thanks, that's normal SSD, not NVME, so it's not an NVME issue. I bet some orom needs updated like Genis239 mentioned
I checked each module and from my end I cannot find an SATA or AHCI Rom, I only see PXE and a PCI/PCIE IBM orom.

Is there any SATA related jumpers on the board?
find
(10-30-2018, 11:18 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, that's normal SSD, not NVME, so it's not an NVME issue.  I bet some orom needs updated like Genis239 mentioned
I checked each module and from my end I cannot find an SATA or AHCI Rom, I only see PXE and a PCI/PCIE IBM orom.

Hi!

I'm sorry I didn't reply for so long, I don't know how to answer your question mainly because (embarrassing) I don't have any small screwdrivers laying around these days after installing the new ssd.

I tried to flash the bios from genious239 but I am unable to even format the usb properly. I tried to follow the guide here https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-update/ but the HP tool doesn't put three files on the usb drive. It formats it and leaves it empty. I tried anyway to flash by copying + renaming the modded bios file, and also use the phlash file provided by the link I mentioned, but it doesn't work this way.

UPDATE:

My bad, I followed the steps described here https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS and I managed to flash it just fine. I see the extra options now, however the ssd is still absent (as expected I guess).
find
Where is SSD absent from exactly? Show me BIOS pages, that do show your other HDD, or show me image where you think you should be seeing it in the BIOS

Can you see it from windows, device manager?
find
(11-16-2018, 04:42 PM)Earendil Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 11:18 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, that's normal SSD, not NVME, so it's not an NVME issue.  I bet some orom needs updated like Genis239 mentioned

Hi!

I'm sorry I didn't reply for so long, I don't know how to answer your question mainly because (embarrassing) I don't have any small screwdrivers laying around these days after installing the new ssd.

I tried to flash the bios from genious239 but I am unable to even format the usb properly. I tried to follow the guide here https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-update/ but the HP tool doesn't put three files on the usb drive. It formats it and leaves it empty. I tried anyway to flash by copying + renaming the modded bios file, and also use the phlash file provided by the link I mentioned, but it doesn't work this way.

UPDATE:

My bad, I followed the steps described here https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS and I managed to flash it just fine. I see the extra options now, however the ssd is still absent (as expected I guess).

We indeed can do modify to some degree with bios ,but on my knowledge compatibility need  official to solve , not like easy whitelist replace or remove .

Maybe it is a pci-e issue or someone can find module for compatible and know how to mod it ,but now i no ability to do this
When i saw you attach bios size was 1m(1052022) ,i know it only contain few items .

find
(11-17-2018, 04:49 AM)genius239 Wrote: We indeed can do modify to some degree with bios ,but on my knowledge compatibility need  official to solve , not like easy whitelist replace or remove .

Maybe it is a pci-e issue or someone can find module for compatible and know how to mod it ,but now i no ability to do this
When i saw you attach bios size was 1m(1052022) ,i know it only contain few items .

I understand, thank you for this explanation.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote:Where is SSD absent from exactly? Show me BIOS pages, that do show your other HDD, or show me image where you think you should be seeing it in the BIOS

Can you see it from windows, device manager?

I have replaced the old HDD with the SSD, so this is the only drive present on the laptop and thus I cannot try to look the drive up on the device manager. I can clearly see the drive though and use it when I boot up from a linux live usb.

The SSD is supposed to be found on this image under SATA Port 1 (or that's what I think, I think the old HDD was identified there):
[Image: aCgtT4T.jpg]

The 'IDE Channel 0 Master' shows my CD-drive.
If I go inside the 'SATA Port 1'  sub-menu, it looks like this:

[Image: X7tYTEx.jpg]
find
I can't see your second image, delete it and re-attach please and thanks. Do you see your HDD in there, and then do not see your SSD when it's installed? Are you certain the SSD works, confirmed on another system?

"None" is normal for AHCI mode on some systems sometimes, so if your HDD is installed in image one above and it's AHCI mode now, see it says "None" for your HDD too.
find
(11-18-2018, 12:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: I can't see your second image, delete it and re-attach please and thanks.  Do you see your HDD in there, and then do not see your SSD when it's installed?  Are you certain the SSD works, confirmed on another system?

"None" is normal for AHCI mode on some systems sometimes, so if your HDD is installed in image one above and it's AHCI mode now, see it says "None" for your HDD too.

From what you say I guess that it doesn't really matter then about what is shown on that tab (If it shows None or not). I try to re-attach it here hoping that it would work:

[Image: X7tYTEx.jpg?1]

I have never tried AHCI on my HDD since I updated the bios only after my HDD got fried, so I wouldn't know.
I haven't tried my SSD on other systems, but since it works to use it for copy and pasting, wouldn't it normally work for booting up too? Or it could be also a behaviour that could indicate a faulty SSD?
find
Thanks, of course now I can see both images Big Grin

AHCI is what you should use. Yes, it should work for booting if you can copy/paste to it.

If windows already installed, before you change from IDE to AHCI you need to make these changes in the registry, specifically the bold one, otherwise you will get 0x0000007B BSOD

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start

If drive is empty now, what happens when you try to install windows onto it? Please show an image when you see the error, then maybe I can better answer
Also, before the error, take an image of the "Disk Screen" where you choose which hard drive to install windows onto.
find